Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29198 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 9
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2009, 09:25:40 pm »

A name for my civ, huh? Okay... since R1ck's people are investigating magic... my civilization will be (frick what's a good name) "StarForge", and will be populated by the StarForgers.

If R1ck has some kind of epic fail and doesn't manage to invent magic, my outpost will be dedicated to continuing the research project. But I kinda hope his action works, so that I can make use of his tech upgrade   :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2009, 10:36:28 pm »

Awesome. After this turn, I'll write up a little thing about a group of wizards and such calling themselves StarForgers who leave Basinian society and become a migrant group. Also...

Rooooools!!!!
Plus math of course.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 04:24:29 pm »

So uh, just how does that stat splitting up thing work? I can understand that population would decrease when you make a new civilization, and that tech would remain the same for both.

But what about economy, infrastructure, military (probably same as population), and morale? I think the new civ should start with the same morale as the parent civ had, plus a small temporary bonus from "Yay let's go start our own town and do whatever we want with it"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 05:29:43 pm »

Sorry for the turn not being here yet; I'm very good at procrastinating. It should be done in a few hours.

So uh, just how does that stat splitting up thing work? I can understand that population would decrease when you make a new civilization, and that tech would remain the same for both.

But what about economy, infrastructure, military (probably same as population), and morale? I think the new civ should start with the same morale as the parent civ had, plus a small temporary bonus from "Yay let's go start our own town and do whatever we want with it"

Everything but morale and tech level will be split. I'll roll to see if morale goes up "Yay, more independence," goes down "Noo, I liked our old leader, I don't want independence," or stays the same.
Infrastructure represents such things as farms and roads, so that will have to be split however R1ck decides.
Population and Military are split, for fairly obvious reasons.
Economy - Split. Because I said so (and for balance reasons).

Technically, all he needs to give you is 1 unit of population. That would make you easy pickings for wandering Orks though.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 06:20:09 pm »

Wait, when did Orks get involved with "Da Big Split"?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 07:09:06 pm »

Wait, when did Orks get involved with "Da Big Split"?

They didn't. I just used an Ork as an example of why new civilizations need at least some protection.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 08:21:19 pm »

Turn 9. Sorry for the delay. Tech levels can be shared, but it takes an action.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | Warboss Org yells for more Choppas. They misunderstand him, and his armies all gather near him.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3
Military – 3
Population – 4.2 + 0.4(MRL) = 4.6
Infrastructure – = 4
Morale – 6 + 2(ACT, Temp, lasts 2 more turns) – 1(INF) = 6

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians invent ironclads steelclads slightly ahead of their time. Technically this shouldn’t work, but I’m not quite sure why, and the dice say it’s allowed. The Rodinian navy is now invincible!

Economy – = 3.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4
Technology –4
Military – 2 + 1.5 = 3.5
Population – 3.1 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.3
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 6

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefie scouts don’t manage to find anything particularly interesting, other then a particularly large road leading to a civilization of bronze colossi and a particularly shiny sea monster in the ocean.

Economy – 3
Technology – 3
Military – 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Population – 3.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.2
Infrastructure – 3.9+ 0.1(Rounding) = 4
Morale – 6

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians scientists invent magic! Life will be much easier for all! Unfortunately, however, it is all at the theoretical stage, and more studying will be needed to find any “real” use for magic. Craftsmen near panic, afraid that their services will become completely obsolete.

Economy – 3.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.6
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 3 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) – 2(Temp, next turn only) = 4

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah institute Annual Statue Celebration Day. There is much drunken revelry all around. Everybody is happy, but they’ll probably be less happy once the hangovers hit.

Economy – 3.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.8
Technology – 3
Military – 3.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.7
Population – 3.5 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.6
Infrastructure – 3.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.8
Morale – 5 + 4(Temp, next turn only, -1 the round after that.) = 10

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi declare a day of parades! A terrified Zefie scout goes completely unnoticed.

Economy – 3
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 2.3 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.6
Infrastructure – 4.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.6
Morale – 6 + 3(temp, -1/turn for 3 more turns) = 9

The Dead – | You manage to leave the Ork camp, but only barely. After much wandering about, you find a waterfall. Feeling a bit tired, you take a short nap instead of training.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Heretics of The Void – | The Arch-Lich Kr’vnt devises a better method of maintaining the energies needed to keep undead animated.

Economy –2 + 1(ACT) = 3
Technology – 3
Military –2
Population – 2.1 – 0.1(MRL) = 2
Infrastructure –  3
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 5

Space Aliens – Noticing that X-Com is not here, they leave, looking for another planet to annoy.

Economy – 9
Technology – 9999
Military – 999,999,999
Population – 6 (beings)
Infrastructure – 9
Morale – 0

Random Event! | – Turn delayed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 08:24:56 pm »

Da boss needz betur weapons!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 10
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »

What?  There's nothing against the laws of physics that say that a ship with steel plating can't float.  You just need a big enough ship.

In any case, the Raiders of Rodinia will have a celebration to commemorate the new fleet.  This celebration will be on land, and will not involve the ships in any way (save drinking to their longevity).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:39 pm »

Da boss prupozez uh paece treete wid da Zefezz.

not an action?

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:37 pm »

With the invention of magic, some rules had to be laid down such as: no lighting cats on fire or, don't use thunder spells to give old men heart attacks. Unfortunately, a large number of wizards were unsatisfied with these rules, and also demanded other blasphemies such as being able to live in a house more than two stories tall. After one particularly long protest at the capital palace, I(R1ck, fearless leader of the Basinian people) decided to make an ultimatum to the leaders of the disgruntled wizards. Leave, or die. Naturally, they, along with a lot of other high-ups in society decided to pack up their stuff and form a small group of migrants. They call themselves the StarForgers. I figure the group will have the following statistics:
Economy- 2
Tech- 2
Military- 1
Pop- 1
Infastructure - 0
Morale - ???

Naturally the countries resources will go towards making this transition as smooth as possible.   

BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »

I, Shoruke, am head wizard of the discontented mages who like blowing up cats, and therefore I will be the leader of the new Starforger's civilization.

If I get to make an action this turn, we're going to be focusing mainly on getting some, you know, buildings and farms and stuff set up. Build build build, infrastructure all the way. Remember to build your houses pretty, people.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 11:22:46 pm »

-I'm missing something.-
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:45:26 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 11:31:31 pm »

Da boss prupozez uh paece treete wid da Zefezz.

not an action?

I send diplomats (and soldiers. Really, most zefie diplomats are veterans) to the Orks, with the attempt to establish peacful relations and decipher their language.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 11:44:04 pm »

Emperor, the difference between my request and yours is that I am an offshoot of a currently existing civilization. You are asking to take the place of the first entire civilization to fall (or whose forumgoer disappears).

At least, that's how I understand it. You could probably get in sooner by asking someone to give you some settlers.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28