Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29186 times)

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 7
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:59 pm »

The Colossal morale is lousy, and even golf can't cheer people up. It would seem drastic measures are required. But the people are tired of playing in the mud. It's time for a suitably Colossal city beautification project, bringing in all kinds of pretty trees and flowers from the region and making lots of pretty mosaics and baskets and other artwork!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 10:17:38 pm »

I command the unlucky Basinian people to make a huge statue of me about 100 feet tall that will also be able to store excess grain. Learning how to better construct buildings as well as a morale boost are the goals of the project. 

Also, I noticed that my name is misspelled in the first post.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 11:40:24 pm »

I paint myself green and infiltrate the orcs.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2009, 05:04:39 am »

Hidden Fun Stuff lies waiting for those who let their morale get to 0!
I know it will be bad but why is this so tempting to try...

Copper, tin and gold, interesting metals. We must discuss with our seers and see if they can predict a use for them. Some of them claim to be able to manipulate metals so I guess this is a chance for them to prove it.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »

Turn 7. Since morale is currently rather useless, I now decree that morale shall be worth 0.5 for each point of difference away from 5, instead of 0.1. Population now cannot directly be increased by action; increase morale instead.

To see if anyone actually reads the turn header, plus one for the turn to the first person who mentions rain in an unedited post. If the post is edited, you’ll have to make a new post if you want it to be counted. This is to stop the last person taking the turn to be the first one to notice, then have it ninjaed away later. Nobody responded to my turn header last round, will anyone respond this time?

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies replace all their outdated bronze weapons with powerful new steel weapons for themselves. They appreciate their shiny new weapons.

Economy – 3
Technology – 3
Military – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Population – 2.7 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.8
Infrastructure – 3.7+ 0.1(Rounding) = 3.8
Morale – 6 + 2(temp, expires after next round) = 8

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians scrap their entire fleet, and innovatively create a new one out of bronze. It sinks. Their entire team of scientists was on their flagship, and did not survive.

Economy – = 3.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.8
Technology – 3 – 1(temp, 2 turns remain)
Military –  2.9 + 0.1(Rounding) – 1(ACT) = 2
Population – 2.8 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.9
Infrastructure – 3.95 + 0.05(Rounding) = 4
Morale – 6 + 1(temp, expires after next round) = 7

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | A strange new Ork arrives in the camp, and begins improving da Choppa makin’ method. Org kills da old head thinky boy, and promotes da new one to ‘is place.

Economy – 3
Technology – 1 + 2(ACT) = 3
Military – 3
Population – 2.5 + 0.3(MRL) = 2.8
Infrastructure – 2.85 + 0.10(Rounding) = 2.95
Morale – 7 - 1(Temp Bonus) + 1(INF) + 1(temp, expires after next round) = 8 (-1 after next round)

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi improve their culture. People feel happier knowing that they have prettier baskets and pots then the barbarians.

Economy – 3
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 2.4 - 0.1(MRL) = 2.2
Infrastructure – 3
Morale – 4 + 1(INF) + 2(ACT, vanishes after next turn) + 1(temp, expires after next round) = 8

R1ck’s Basinians – | R1ck commissions a large hollow statue made out of him. The engineer he commissions insists that a 100 foot bronze statue would collapse under its own weight, and several small statues of R1ck are built throughout the capital, each serving as a grain storage and distribution device. People are mildly unnerved by having their food pour forth from their leader’s toes.

+1 for my poor spelling skills, sorry about that.

Economy – 2
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 3
Infrastructure – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Morale – 5 -1(ACT, temp) +1(Event, temp) = 5

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah improve their metalworking skills. They also come up with a new weapons-grade bronze alloy: Zaniah Bronze (Sorta like Damascus Steel, which I know too little about to make an interesting description.)

Economy – 3.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.6
Technology – 1 + 1(ACT) = 2
Military – 3 + 0.5(ACT) = 3.5
Population – 3.7 + 0.3(MRL) = 4
Infrastructure – 3.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.6
Morale – 7 -2(TEMP) - 1(INF) + 1(temp, expires after next round) = 5

The Dead – | The barbarian, who has begun calling himself The Dead, notices the Ork encampment. He paints himself green, so that he will blend in with the Orks perfectly. He notices them making primitive weapons, but they are making them very inefficiently. After showing them a vastly superior way of making Choppas, Da Warboss notices his efforts, and promotes him to “Head thinky boy.”

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Heretics of The Void | – The Heretics of The Void study the reasons behind their recent magical failings. They learn that by torturing sentient beings, they are able to improve their dark magics greatly.

Economy – 3
Technology – 2 +1 (ACT) = 3
Military –3
Population – 3
Infrastructure – 3
Morale – 5 + 1(temp, expires after next round) = 6

Random Event! | – The weather is absolutely perfect. Everybody is happier.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 8
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »

Da boss gitz his boyz ready. Charge the Huritikz.WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 08:59:03 pm »

From this moment of failure, we will come to triumph!

The Raiders of Rodinia will research steel-making.  Specifically, stainless steel making (can't have those new boats rusting, can we?)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »

It's time to go back to that road and wheel thing. Rolling rocks, yeah yeah. Maybe someone's stuff might get knocked over in the name of progress, but more room to move is a must!

(I don't think we need artifacts as distinct game objects.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:21:53 pm by Navian »

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 10:19:47 pm »

Also, rain. (???)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 10:55:07 pm »

I vote yes on artifacts, but they should be very difficult to make, and they should only affect one of the attributes.

Now that I have better infrastructure, I will once again try to improve the economy by establishing a royal academy of economics. It's basically a residential school where kids who are good at math are taken, and they stay there for 8 years or so. After that, they will be able to use their mad skillz in order to help society!
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2009, 12:07:51 am »

We have weapons. I wonder if armor might be a good idea. I get the zefies to start to work on steel armor. Plate works okay for zefies, as they are really good sprinters, even with their small size.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2009, 02:26:48 am »

I devise a siege weapon called the orkapult, it involves loading a boy in a contraption of wood and wires and gears that then launches the boy into the air before coming down on the enemy.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2009, 03:17:11 am »

Commission the statue maker that made our wondrous golden statue to build a scaled up version, a colossus if you will, out of this new bronze stuff and to place it at the entrance to the caves near the village as a symbol of our strength, wealth and culture.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »

Turn 8. You’re lucky that somebody does read the intro text. No rain of fire this turn. Oh, and I decided that artifacts are out. Sorry to those who wanted them.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks catch The Heretics completely by surprise, and The Heretics are not ready for battle!
The vast amount of Orks completely overwhelms The Heretics!
The Heretics begin channeling a massive spell!
The Orks capture the city, along with most of the populace!
The spell is finished, and The Arch-Lich Kr’vnt and his entourage escape to another one of their cities.

After the battle, a particularly large Ork proclaims himself as Warboss, and is promptly slain by Org.

Economy – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Technology – 3
Military – 3
Population – 2.8 + 0.4(MRL) + 1(ACT) = 4.2
Infrastructure – 2.95 + 0.05(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 4
Morale – 6 + 2(ACT, Temp, lasts 3 turns) – 1(INF) = 7

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians spend their time melting various metals, in an attempt to find a strong alloy that floats. They somehow manage to discover stainless steel. Despite their best attempts, however, they don’t quite have the manufacturing capability required to create even a single ship out of it.

Economy – = 3.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.9
Technology – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4 – 1(temp, 1 turns remain)
Military – 2
Population – 2.9 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 6

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi begin building roads everywhere. Many roads continue on into empty wilderness for quite a ways before curving back and returning to the city. Roads, roads, lots of roads. A certain city planner got a bit carried away, but there will be room to expand.

Economy – 3
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 2.2 + 0.3(MRL) = 2.5
Infrastructure – 3 + 1.5(ACT) = 4.5
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 6

R1ck’s Basinians – | An economics school is built. It, uh, helps the economy.

Economy – 2 + 1.5(ACT) = 3.5
Technology – 2
Military – 2
Population – 3
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 6

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies begin making large amounts of steel plate mail. They are now truly a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Economy – 3
Technology – 3
Military – 4 + 1.5(ACT) = 5.5
Population – 2.7 + 0.4(MRL) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 3.8+ 0.1(Rounding) = 3.9
Morale – 6

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah begin a massive statue. Carved into the mountainside and covered with gold, this statue shall stand watch over the Zaniah lands for eons to come. Several new techniques were devised in order to build this, as the first attempt killed a fairly large number of workers. Their families were happy that they died serving a higher cause: The ruler’s own ego. (Sorry, artifacts are out.)

Economy – 3.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.7
Technology – 2 + 1(ACT) = 3
Military – 3.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.6
Population – 4 – 0.5(ACT) = 3.5
Infrastructure – 3.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.7
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 6

The Dead – | The new Head Thinky-Boy attempts to design an Orkapult to aid in the battle, but Warboss Org yells at him to charge, so he charges. | | | The Dead fights poorly. Considering he is a human trying to use an Ork Choppa, this isn’t a huge surprise. When he gets to the front lines, he is knocked out by his enemy. | Everyone assumes he is dead, and the Warboss doesn’t notice him not fighting. His cover has not been blown.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Heretics of The Void – | The Arch-Lich Kr’vnt orders a great crypt to be built, where the dead shall be stored until they are needed.

Economy – 3 – 1 = 2
Technology – 3
Military –3 – 1 = 2
Population – 3 – 1 + 0.1 = 2.1
Infrastructure – 3 – 1 + 1(ACT) = 3
Morale – 5 + -1(INF) = 4

Space Aliens | Aliens land on the planet, clearly looking for something. They don’t seem to find it.

Economy – 9
Technology – 9999
Military – 999,999,999
Population – 6 (beings)
Infrastructure – 9
Morale – 5

Random Event! | – A rival Warboss appears, and is promptly slain by Org because I'm not that cruel.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:31:53 am by Nirur Torir »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2009, 08:17:58 pm »

GIT MOAR CHOPPAS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28