Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29214 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 19
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2009, 10:06:55 pm »

Having failed to make a mall, the Starforgers will try to improve the economy a different way: small businesses! Shops pop up here and there, selling trinkets. Slightly magical trinkets like amulets and stuff.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2009, 10:26:11 pm »

I craft a rune of magma attraction and place it in a pit by my forge to draw the magma up there for easy use. not to much though, after that I till some land and place a tile with a combined rune of earth and life in it in the middle and plant the seeds, and water them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2009, 01:09:55 am »

The Raiders of Rodinia will now instate the 6-day work week, so everyone gets a break every 7 days, thereby making the people happier (military still has to work, though).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2009, 05:02:02 am »

Send out scouting guilders to see who is near to us. Meanwhile, in preparation, the military will recruit and train.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:39 am »

Da Boss kallz foar them new SQUIGGOTHS!

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2009, 10:28:09 pm »

The Colossi suddenly realize the need for greenspace and begin tearing stuff up to break up the grunge and, as an excellent byproduct, cause their city to take up more spaceand use more roads.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »

Strife is the only one to not have posted... and we haven't had a turn in 2 days... I don't suppose you can just NPC-ify him, or something?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2009, 07:37:35 pm »

Turn 20. I’m sorry, but I’m getting a bit bored with this game, and annoyed with my own game play mechanics that let people succeed on a {1}. This is the main reason for the slow updates, not anybody not being here. It’s not over yet, but expect some unexpected fun things starting next round. It’s time to stir things up, hopefully in an amusing way. SPOILER: People die.

Oh, and Strife missed his turn, and Emperor appears as some sort of vizier or something. Two turns remain until he takes full control.

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians build a massive system of underground highways. Several massive cave systems are breached in the construction, and people are worried by the strange noises that emanate from them.

Economy – 5
Technology – 4
Military – 4.8 + 0.1(Rounding) + 0.1(Draft) = 5
Population – 4.1 + 0.4(MRL) – 0.1(Draft) = 4.4
Infrastructure – 5 + 1 = 6
Morale – (8)6 + 1(INF) + 1(Temp, -1/turn)-1(Temp, +1/turn) = 7
Bonus: Draft (ON). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned off.

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | Several lesser mages start their own shops selling magical trinkets. Love potions are a particularly popular item.

Economy- 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Tech- 3
Military- 2
Pop- 1.7 + 0.2(MRL) + 0.5(ACT) = 2.4
Infastructure – 4
Morale – 8 – 1(INF) = 7

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians shorten the work week, and people are happy with their new leisure time.

Economy – 7
Technology – 6
Military – 7
Population – 6.2 + 0.2(MRL) = 6.4
Infrastructure – 7.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7.7
Morale – 6 + 3(Temp, -1/turn) = 9
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah send out squads of glider-scouts to practice carefully observing rival positions. They also start drafting citizens into their army. People are displeased with this.

Economy – 7.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7.9 – 1(temp, 1 turns)
Technology –6
Military – = 7.6 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 8.7
Population – 6.8 + 0.4(MRL) = 7.2
Infrastructure –8
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) – 1(temp, +1/turn) = 5

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks capture three wild Sqiggoths, and carefully restrain them in such a way that they may be released on an unsuspecting foe at a later time. The Orks are quite happy at the thought of Squiggoths killing something.

Economy – 4
Technology –5
Military – 6 + 1(ACT) = 7
Population – 4.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.2
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – 6 + 1(Temp, -1/turn) = 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi tear down several buildings, and build them further away from the center of their town. With the city more spread out, the Colossi have more room to expand.

Economy – 5.6  + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.7
Technology – 5
Military – 4
Population – 4.8 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.9
Infrastructure – 6.7 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1.5(ACT) = 8.2
Morale – (6)7 + 1(INF) = 8

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies enjoy relative peace and stability, but don’t feel any happier for it.

Economy – 6
Technology – 6
Military – 7
Population – 4.8 + 0.4(MRL) = 5.2
Infrastructure – 8.3 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.4
Morale – 8

The Dead – | You inscribe runes of Calling & magma in a pit underneath your forge, bringing forth magma to power your forge. Somehow, the fumes don’t kill you, and the magma doesn’t overflow.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:19:42 pm by Nirur Torir »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 20. The Zefies are bored!
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »

Da Boss Kallz foar som Grot Slavez!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

My population bonus from last turn popped up in this turn. Also, by "people die", do you mean citizens, or actual civilizations? Either way, I'm sure it'll be interesting, you're doing a good job running this game.

This time around the scientists of Basinia will attempt to discover physics. Soon, all three of the sciences will be revealed to us!
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2009, 08:20:24 pm »

My population bonus from last turn popped up in this turn. Also, by "people die", do you mean citizens, or actual civilizations? Either way, I'm sure it'll be interesting, you're doing a good job running this game.

This time around the scientists of Basinia will attempt to discover physics. Soon, all three of the sciences will be revealed to us!
Oops, good catch. I do try to proofread these, but the numbers are slightly overwhelming. Thanks for the priase.  :)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »

Oops. The zefies try to find better sources of power (like a steam engine).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2009, 10:38:50 pm »

alright I set out to aquire some metal for forging into magical weapons and armor.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2009, 02:08:45 am »

The Raiders of Rodinia will attempt to increase their infrastructure by creating sewer systems in all major cities.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2009, 03:44:49 am »

You want people to die? (also your spoiler tag has no close)

Very well then, at the urging of the religious fanatics we have decreed that those who don't follow the True One must be removed from our new world. Issue orders to send our army against the Org’s Boyz our glider scouts spotted.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28