Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29196 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 11 has arrived
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2009, 07:30:45 pm »

I will revitalize the devastated economy by attempting to set up businesses related to magic such as fortune-tellers or item enchanters.

Also, why did I get -0.1 on population, even though my morale was 6? Is it somehow also related to the split?

I removed a bonus you had to morale from a temporary action, and your population was improved from that. I'm trying to figure out a way to have temporary bonuses to morale without confusing myself needlessly. I suppose I could just change it by 1 each turn towards whatever the morale should be, based on infrastructure-population.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2009, 08:19:14 pm »

The Bronze Colossi, with their past and present successes, decide they need more and bigger everything. More market days, bigger marketplaces, more goods and trade! Some of the badly planned old city is in the way, it'd make a good spot for a mall...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2009, 06:51:55 am »

If we are going to expand into this new village we will need more resources. Set about financing and expansion of those mines, we will dig deeper into the plateau and see what riches we can find.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2009, 09:28:09 am »

The zefies'll decide to become isolationists and work on improving their economy.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2009, 12:55:39 pm »

At the time when the Starforgers split off from the Basinians, magic was still in its baby stages. We are now going to research magic until it is easily usable by everyone.

The researchers are to focus on useful applications for magic, such as cutting trees or cooking food. But all magic advances are helpful.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:22 pm »

I forge a basic fire and earth runed pick to go hunting for a source of the earths blood to improve my forging.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2009, 08:21:03 pm »

When is turn (I think everyone posted)? And do I get to be on the OP?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2009, 09:38:36 pm »

Turn 11 is here by popular demand. I was distracted by stumbling upon a new game demo (The Last Remnant), and my poor neglected video card was so overjoyed by the chance to finally feel needed that I wasn’t going to get the turn up today. Thank Shoruke, who now has a place in the OP.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The replacement for Head Thinky-Boy designs an innovative new weapon, the like of which your foes have never seen: “By propelling the unrefined materials weapons are created from towards hostile entities, said hostile entities shall have virtually no chance of remaining standing upon the field of battle without a cessation of operability of their vital organs. Verily, the new weapons are streamlined for maximum aerodynamic lift, without compromising the structural integrity, potential velocity, or impact force of said weaponry … Wait, what are you doing with that Choppa? They’re rocks! Throw them, they work!”
Warboss Org cancels let Head Thinky-Boy live: Interrupted by headache.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3 – 1(Temp, 2 turns left)
Military – 4.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.6
Population – 4.8 + 0.2(MRL) = 5
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – (6, expired) 4

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians begin building bath-houses everywhere. Previously there was no way to wash salt off their bodies after swimming in the ocean. Frelock is hailed as the greatest leader the Rodinians have ever known! (One politically ambitious noble pointed out that Frelock has ruled since before any of them were born, and was promptly burned for his words.)

Economy – = 4
Technology – 4
Military – 3.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.7
Population – 3.5 + 0.4(MRL) = 3.9
Infrastructure – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Morale – 6 + 3(-1/turn for 3 more turns) = 9

R1ck’s Basinians – | The wizards who chose to remain with their homeland receive government benefits to encourage economic growth.

Economy – 1.7 + 1.5(ACT) + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.3
Technology – 2
Military – 1
Population – 2 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.1
Infrastructure – 4

Morale – 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi demolish several houses to build a mall. The ex-residents start to stage a protest, but are promptly silenced by the wonders of the mall.

Economy – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Technology – 3
Military – 2
Population – 2.8 + 0.3(MRL) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 4.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.8
Morale – (8)6 + 1(temp, -1/turn for 1 more turns) = 7

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah discover many valuable ores beneath their city.

Economy – 3.9 + 1.5(ACT) + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.5
Technology – 3
Military – 3.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 3.9
Population – 4.1
Infrastructure – 5.4 + 0.1(Rounding)= 5.5
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 6

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies realize that they are the best culture in the world, and that the affairs of lesser nations aren’t worth worrying about. This combined with several governmental economic initiatives greatly increases the consumers trust in the economy.

Economy – 3 + 2(ACT) = 5
Technology – 3
Military – 5.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.8
Population – 3.3 + 0.3(MRL) = 3.6
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – (8)6 + 1(TEMP, expires at 1/turn) = 7

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers invent a creative new way to cook food, using only magic. Unfortunately, the spell only heats food to about 110 degrees (Fahrenheit. For you non-Americans out there, this is ~ 20% warmer then standard human body temperature. Oh, and I’m feeling nice. This bad of a tech roll with your stats would cripple you, but I’ll mod in some sort of new player grace period.)

Economy- 2
Tech- 2
Military- 1
Pop- 1
Infastructure – 1
Morale – 2 + 1(Return to normalcy) = 3

The Dead – | After forging a magnificent pick, you perfectly engrave fire and earth runes into it. | You fill the runes with your own power, begin to feel very tired, but begin chipping at the stone face of your mountain anyway. The pick almost seems to do the work for you. (+1 to mining, +1 to finding valuable minerals. -1 to next roll)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Random Event: Random Event machine destroyed due to me disliking it!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 12
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »

Thanks Shoruke! As a token of my esteem, I will have the Basinian people build a grand roadway to whatever godforsaken place your people have settled in. Hopefully this act will boost both of our economies by encouraging trade between our nations.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2009, 12:15:37 am »

The Raiders of Rodinia will institute mandatory swimming and sailing lessons for all boys, in the hopes that their military will become more competent for having all its members on the sea from a young age.  Leadership and ingenuity are also to be valued in this new organization dedicated to teaching these boys, and those boys who achieve the highest rank (Seahawk Scout) are automatically qualified to become officers.  (of course girls are excluded.  Who ever heard of women in the military?)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2009, 01:21:17 am »

I had an idea for a civ that unfortunately will not work as a colony of any one of yours. Aw they would be called the Zarathustrans, they would have two areas surrounding every one of their towns. The deadlands would be a very evil area, but the creatures would only attack outsiders. Inside them would be the sunlit lands, a very good area. The civ would be based on a philosphy espousing that there is no good and no evil. They would be humanoids with cloaks covering their entire bodies, not even letting their faces be seen.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2009, 03:29:38 am »

Use some of our new found wealth to support research into development of some form of scouting that can abuse the fact we are high up and on the edge of a plateau. Tell these 'magician' types I expect them to get me something before the so called 'techies' can beat them too it. Then tell the 'techies' the opposite, a little healthy competition can only be a good thing right?
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2009, 07:23:01 am »

I make a simple shovel with an earth rune to help me... grow foods if needed.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2009, 01:59:14 pm »

The zefie will begin to enrich unranium.

Kidding.
They'll work on developing some more agricultural science.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2009, 02:23:11 pm »

The zefie will begin to enrich unranium.
should have done it just to see what he did when you invariably rolled a 6 ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28