Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BOXSLAYER: Sort of a Forum Game, I Guess  (Read 4602 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BOXSLAYER: Sort of a Forum Game, I Guess
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:03:00 pm »

Okay, here's the deal; I've started harassing Vaiolis with crude drawings because he isn't updating his game. I'm making a series of them. About a guy who slays boxes.

That's the premise.

Anyway, this is what I have so far:

AUGH NO YOU FOOL! DROP THE SWORD AND RUN

IT'S TASTED HUMAN BLOOD THERE ISN'T ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO

HRRGK- Why did it have to end this way?! coughgurglecoughdie
I have no idea, but coming this summer: NO WAIT THIS IS TOTALLY ME IT IS MY DREAM TO SLAY BOXES

ONE MAN...
ONE HOPE...
ONE DREAM...

BOXSLAYER                                         
THE MOVIE

BOXSLAYER
                      COMING EVENTUALLY
                                       WE SWEAR
                          WE'LL TOTALLY GET AROUND TO IT

Okay, now, here's the problem: I don't want to say "The power of love" is what kills boxes. Or, maybe I do, but that isn't the point.

I need some ideas for what makes Box Slayer's sword kill boxes, and what advantage humans have over them. The two will ideally be one and the same, for added dramatic effect. Also, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Now, before you say "Inaluct, this is not a forum game, but I forgive you because you are so handsome," this is a forum game. This is totally a forum game.

Sort of. It will be eventually. There are a few ways that it might get more forum game-ish;

• I'll start running some sort of RPG in this very topic where I draw things and you guys respond. It may or may not be BOXSLAYER flavored.
  • Somehow this will devolve into a storyboard topic and you guys will throw rapid fire suggestions at me, which would probably actually be good.
  • Someone will suggest something awesome, like trying to draw a summary of the events of the Popol Vuh, and I'll ask for the community's help in deciding what to actually draw.

I think I might do that last one. Anyway, the point of this topic is basically me learning how to draw, and you guys dumping all of your ideas for things in this thread. Do you think that Box Slayer should have had his family killed by boxes to explain his crusade against them? Do you think he should have studied under Charles Darwin to learn to kill boxes? Should Gilgamesh show up at some point and help Box Slayer kick some ass? Okay, say something about it. Do you think this topic should sink off the first page as fast as possible? That's a great dream, follow it by posting that here.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: BOXSLAYER: Sort of a Forum Game, I Guess
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:06:50 pm »

Sacrifice...

It chips away the user's emotion every time they use it.

If that doesn't work, replace emotion with sanity.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »

It has the power to produce walls of text.

The box kills himself to avoid the pain.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »

The sword can defeat boxes because IT IS A ROUGH TRIANGULAR PRISM. Actually it might not be.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:13:04 pm »

Sacrifice is good, but the idea wasn't really to have it have "OMG GUISE OMG MY MAGIC FIREBALL SWORD +3," it's more or less a "this makes the box vulnerable to this sword blah blah blah" deal.

ROUGH TRIANGULAR PRISM is a good idea, too. They are the only thing that can stop a box, and humanity is the only thing that can make them with any skill or speed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:33:34 pm »

Because it was bathed in the blood and guts of 1000 of boxes.

BOXES FOR THE BOX GOD!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 05:37:25 pm »

It's a phallic weapon, symbolizing lust. It represents the other side of destruction: creation. The boxes are beings of destruction and therefore procreation is their diametrical opposite.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:05:13 pm »

You could do a sort of 2-d versus 3-d thing. Where the sword being 2D object can kill the boxes because they are 3D. Then you can play with the idea of dimensions.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:22:19 pm »

It's a phallic weapon, symbolizing lust. It represents the other side of destruction: creation. The boxes are beings of destruction and therefore procreation is their diametrical opposite.
XD
Wait.
Oh god....  ;D

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »

What gives the sword the POWER to cut through boxes, is that it was forged from the steel of ten industrial strength box-cutters.

Only the packaging industry wields similar power.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 08:34:17 pm »

It's a power sword from the furture

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:08:13 pm »

BOXES FOR THE BOX GOD!

CRATES FOR THE CRATE THRONE!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:43 pm »

What abaut not "love", but Creativity or Imagination, or some Dream-related attribute?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Sword: "... A sword fundamentally consists of a blade and a hilt, typically with one or two edges for striking and cutting, and a point for thrusting."

Cutting:

"Cutting is the separation of a physical object, or a portion of a physical object, into two portions, through the application of an acutely directed force. ...

Cutting is a compressive and shearing phenomenon, and occurs only when the total stress generated by the cutting implement exceeds the ultimate strength of the material of the object being cut. The simplest applicable equation is stress = force/area: The stress generated by a cutting implement is directly proportional to the force with which it is applied, and inversely proportional to the area of contact. Hence, the smaller the area (i.e., the sharper the cutting implement), the less force is needed to cut something.

There ya go.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 09:53:57 pm »

I'm leaning towards the phallic thing and the fact that it was forged from ten industrial strength box cutters. Power sword from the future could be thrown in there, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3