Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making pets of gobbos and bolds?  (Read 778 times)

tehmarken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making pets of gobbos and bolds?
« on: February 13, 2009, 03:57:52 pm »

I was wondering if by adding the [pet] tag, i could make gobblins and kobolds as pet creatures. I want to take the goblins and kobolds my dwarves capture and turn them into slaves; but since there's no slave labor mechanic i'd like to have them as pets.

If I just slap in the tameable mechanic, will this be possible? And, could they still be useful in some capacity, like item hauling, killing vermin, making viscous gobbo pits to drop people into, or war-kobold pets?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:00:37 pm by tehmarken »

Zudrag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Making pets of gobbos and bolds?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »

As far as I know, they'll only wander around like normal pets. You can make them war animals though probably.

Also I think if they've ever attacked a dwarf before, they'll attack dwarves even when tamed/let out of their cage.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 04:33:14 pm »

Also I think if they've ever attacked killed a dwarf before, they'll attack dwarves even when tamed/let out of their cage.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:26:22 pm »

Also I think if they've ever attacked killed a dwarf before, they'll attack dwarves even when tamed/let out of their cage.
In my fort, that's ussually the case.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:43 pm »

I was wondering if by adding the [pet] tag, i could make gobblins and kobolds as pet creatures. I want to take the goblins and kobolds my dwarves capture and turn them into slaves; but since there's no slave labor mechanic i'd like to have them as pets.

If I just slap in the tameable mechanic, will this be possible? And, could they still be useful in some capacity, like item hauling, killing vermin, making viscous gobbo pits to drop people into, or war-kobold pets?

apparently, no. regardless of tags, members of civilizations can never be tamed.