Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ok, how much death and decay do you need?  (Read 2070 times)

Angellus

Ok, how much death and decay do you need?
« on: February 13, 2009, 05:43:58 am »

Hi,

I recently started to 'annoy' my elven companions, cutting the whole map clear, stealing all of their trade items etc.
Yet still they wont attack me or even warn me.
Now I have the plan to start killing off some of the traders in an attempt to anger them.
My question, how and how much do I have to kill those elven traders to get them to siege me?

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, how much death and decay do you need?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:32:02 am »

Hi,

I recently started to 'annoy' my elven companions, cutting the whole map clear, stealing all of their trade items etc.
Now I have the plan to start killing off some of the traders in an attempt to anger them.
My question, how and how much do I have to kill those elven traders to get them to siege me?

You're definitely on the right track. If you kill the elven diplomat that's definitely points in your "favor" too. Fuck, kill 'em all, why skimp? Collapse a 7x7 cieling on top of the trade depot while they're in it, centered above it.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Angellus

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:35:08 am »

Hi,

You're definitely on the right track. If you kill the elven diplomat that's definitely points in your "favor" too. Fuck, kill 'em all, why skimp? Collapse a 7x7 cieling on top of the trade depot while they're in it, centered above it.
I have thought about that, but that would waste all goods I could steal from them.
Other ways? Do downward bridges crush?

Lexender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 07:35:06 am »

I think collapsing ceilings do not destroy the objects beneath (not too sure).

I know for a fact, though, that a bridge going down will obliterate every single thing under it (that's why it's called the "atom smasher"). Plus, you can't build a trade depot under a bridge, since those are two buildings.

Angellus

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:51 am »

I thought atom-smashers were always drawbridges?
I mean the normal up/down bridges, which can be used to catapult things when opened.

Also, could someone please backup the story of not destroying objects? thanks ^^

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:53:53 am »

Hi,

Even better: Try to sell them wood items and they will probably leave the site unhappy. Then, on their way out, drop a ceiling on them. Pressure plate + support = fun for the whole family! Their entrance path should just be different from the exit path. Otherwise, it would drop down after them.

Angellus

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 09:01:00 am »

Hi,

Even better: Try to sell them wood items and they will probably leave the site unhappy. Then, on their way out, drop a ceiling on them. Pressure plate + support = fun for the whole family! Their entrance path should just be different from the exit path. Otherwise, it would drop down after them.
I found something better, I currently have them at my fortress, and I'll sell them lots of wood items, then as they pack I'll totally crush them :D
record it? =D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:08:19 am »

I think somebody needs to make it back to tell the elves of the raping of the land your dwarves are doing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angellus

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:10:53 am »

I think somebody needs to make it back to tell the elves of the raping of the land your dwarves are doing.
I belive one survived, and is running for his life now...
I've recored it, and it was slightly more powerfull as expected XD it fell right trough the ground into my refuse stockpile.
How can I put this record online? dfm.net or something?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:25:25 am »

You have to kill the diplomat to provoke them into war -- merchants won't do it.  Unfortunately elven diplomats arrive only irregularly.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:46:02 am »

You can also drown the merchants to kill them and keep their stuff.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Angellus

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 11:49:14 am »

You can also drown the merchants to kill them and keep their stuff.
Done, next one will be a drowning chamber :D

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:01 pm »

A ballista would work too.
Shoot them full of holes.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 12:08:27 pm »

Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:17:27 pm »

A ballista would work too.
Shoot them full of holes.
Sadly, it would not.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=24886.msg286634#msg286634

It'll work as long as they're not inside the depot building.  I suggest setting up a nice long bridge for this purpose that your ballistas can fire along.
Pages: [1] 2