Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Two birds with one stone  (Read 1585 times)

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
Two birds with one stone
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:20:33 am »

Tired of Unseemly Cat populations messing up your fortress? Don't feel that you should waste your time and effort in defense against the Goblin hordes? Well then, my friends, the Cat Pit is for you!

Dig a nice, large deep pit at the entrance of your fortress. Then, using the Zone Designation, mark the Area as a pit. Then, have all the errrant cats and kittens thrown into the pit. 20 is often a good number, but make sure you have cats of both genders. Then, build a bridge over the pig (Make sure its retractable!) and then link the bridge to a lever. When the Goblinoid hordes come to kill your men and rape your women, wait till they're standing on the bridge, and then drop them into a pit of swarming, bloodthirsty cats!

For extra fun, remove the [MAXAGE] tag, and add [CAN_LEARN][NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] tags to your cat raw files for Ageless, Legendary Beasts of Legend!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:27:18 am by Tibbles »
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Two birds with one stone
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:24:22 am »

Also, in case you've forgotten, press 'P' while in Zones mode to chuck errant cats and kittens into your pit of death!
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:09:10 am »

And watch the cats adopt every dwarf who goes to throw one in and watch those dwarves tantrum as the cats die. You don't need the food and drink tags, but [FIREBREATH] or [WEBSPINNER],[THICKWEB] would be fun.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:14:04 am »

And watch the cats adopt every dwarf who goes to throw one in and watch those dwarves tantrum as the cats die.
Owned animals can't be thrown into designated pits, nor can they use their diabolical mind powers to dominate the stalwart Dwarves doing the 'Hauling'.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Angellus

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:36:06 am »

Hmmm, is this combinable with the cats dieing?
maybe explode?   ;D

Pojodan

• Bay Watcher
  • !!fire!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:45:40 am »

I'd like to mod cats so that any time two of them come into contact a very large explosion is produced.  Thus, an entrance corridor lined with cat cages tied to a series of levers would put a quick, a very messy, end to any gobbo seiges.

Angellus

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:56:12 am »

I'd like to mod cats so that any time two of them come into contact a very large explosion is produced.  Thus, an entrance corridor lined with cat cages tied to a series of levers would put a quick, a very messy, end to any gobbo seiges.
Whoa... that's... rather scary XD

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:03:31 am »

Scary indeed, but impossible.
But you can let them explode after death. Just make them drop a custom stone with a low ignition point (I guess) when they die.
Thus, an entrance corridor lined with cat cages tied to a series of levers would put a quick, a very messy, end to any gobbo seiges.
Exactly that.

Angellus

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:13:34 am »

Scary indeed, but impossible.
But you can let them explode after death. Just make them drop a custom stone with a low ignition point (I guess) when they die.
Thus, an entrance corridor lined with cat cages tied to a series of levers would put a quick, a very messy, end to any gobbo seiges.
Exactly that.
Wh00t, custom explosion cats :D

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:27:54 am »

Cat Legion.

FOR THEY ARE MANY!

In fact, we could do a whole concept based around cats that multiply in horrific manners to better overwhelm their adversaries.  Female cat turns around and literally shoots kitties that gnaw and bite at goblins, and if you kill a mother, she explodes into a bunch of tiny little kitlets.

Oh yes, and a single drop of seed from a male cat is enough for a female to reproduce entire litters of herself for the rest of her life, essentially giving birth on a constant basis like a queen ant.

And if a dwarf eats cat meat, he gets infected with miniature cats in his bloodstream, which do pretty much the same job as a tapeworm on steroids.  Result: dwarf is constantly hungry.  So he eats all the time.  And hey, know what's stockpiled in abundance in the fort?  Well waddya know!  CAT MEAT!

MOD TIME!  Anybody got a supercomputer we could use to recreate that nightmare?

Angellus

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 09:31:02 am »

haha, I'm afraid you'll have to knock on NASA's door for that one XD

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:19:41 am »

Cat Legion.

FOR THEY ARE MANY!

In fact, we could do a whole concept based around cats that multiply in horrific manners to better overwhelm their adversaries.  Female cat turns around and literally shoots kitties that gnaw and bite at goblins, and if you kill a mother, she explodes into a bunch of tiny little kitlets.

BOOMER!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 10:37:11 am »

Talk about hot Cat on Goblin action!  :o

:D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 11:17:30 am »

You know, a moat full of cats is possibly the best idea I've ever read on here.  I always have them thrown into the moat anyway, so why not let them BE the moat?

Brandinat0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:38 pm »

What did you add to the raws? I'd really like to know
Pages: [1] 2