Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65114 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 3)
« Reply #510 on: March 04, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

So... is anyone planning on voting? I think I'll end Day 3 tonight.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 04, 2009, 04:24:02 pm »

I vote A_Fey_Dwarf.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 04, 2009, 04:43:14 pm »

Come on people. We only have 5 votes and 13 people. The game isn't any fun if people don't participate!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 04, 2009, 05:12:25 pm »

I vote inaluct.

And the great thing about knowing I'm about to die? I don't need to provide any reasons behind my vote. Just go look at other people's reasons behind voting for him. That's pretty much why I am.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #514 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:41 pm »

But I wonder... Can the doctor save you from yourself?
Eh?
Eh!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 04, 2009, 05:33:41 pm »

To see the reasons why I vote for inaluct, see my last post and those of others too.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:00 pm »

FFS, guys, A_Fey_Dwarf IS an elf. No need to speculate on inaluct. Be certain with AFD.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:15 pm »

All right, I'll switch my vote from inaluct to A_Fey_Dwarf. If you guys do have information on him, it's good confirmation that we can trust you.

If not, well, we know where to look tomorrow.

I'm still highly suspicious of inaluct, however, and recommend that those with investigative night roles check him out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 04, 2009, 10:20:26 pm »

FFS, guys, A_Fey_Dwarf IS an elf. No need to speculate on inaluct. Be certain with AFD.
Ah well it looks like I am going down... I am an elf, but this Dwarf fortress mafia is really difficult from an elven perspective. I know your secret, the child can create a following (mason like guild) simply by checking a player then private messaging that player with a statement saying he checked that player and there you go we have an instant alliance. The alliance (child followers) can then message any people who reveal their roles and we have an even larger alliance. The sheriff can do this as well but not to the extent of the child, as the sheriff has to work at night where he won't be able to affect the outcome of lynch votes (i.e. the child can check someone acting suspicious over the day and then tell his following to vote for that player in the same day).
The child seriously unbalances the game and I suggest an anti-child role (or other good role) is given to the elves next game or just get rid of it all together.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 04, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »

I unvote and vote A_Fey_Dwarf. Criticizing one of our most necessary roles to make the game better for the elves? That's obviously elfy.

I mean, really. That, or you're some sort of Foboslcite.

Edit: Before LASD jumps in to point out that I'm trying to not get lynched by getting someone else lynched: I am trying to avoid getting lynched by getting someone else lynched.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:31:31 pm by inaluct »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 04, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »

I unvote and vote A_Fey_Dwarf. Criticizing one of our most necessary roles to make the game better for the elves? That's obviously elfy.

I mean, really. That, or you're some sort of Foboslcite.

Edit: Before LASD jumps in to point out that I'm trying to not get lynched by getting someone else lynched: I am trying to avoid getting lynched by getting someone else lynched.
Dude, he just admitted he is an elf. Anyway, I vote A_Fey_Dwarf, but we don't really need my vote. He's as dead as a doorknob.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01:49 pm »

AFD gave up because he knows he's been checked. C'mon, everyone, onto the bandwagon.

Besides, AFD, about your complaint - isn't that what a sheriff is supposed to do anyway?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 04, 2009, 11:19:01 pm »

Okay, I unvote and change my vote to A_Fey_Dwarf

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 04, 2009, 11:20:12 pm »

I know your secret, the child can create a following (mason like guild) simply by checking a player then private messaging that player with a statement saying he checked that player and there you go we have an instant alliance. The alliance (child followers) can then message any people who reveal their roles and we have an even larger alliance.

For Crying Out Loud...

Why haven't any Elf ever tried to take this tact, claiming to be the Child and contacting a random Drawf and telling them, "We know you are a Drawf!" I mean, you have to do something in order to make people stop trusting the Child so much.
* Servant Corps sighs.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 04, 2009, 11:21:34 pm »

I know your secret, the child can create a following (mason like guild) simply by checking a player then private messaging that player with a statement saying he checked that player and there you go we have an instant alliance. The alliance (child followers) can then message any people who reveal their roles and we have an even larger alliance.

For Crying Out Loud...

Why haven't any Elf ever tried to take this tact, claiming to be the Child and contacting a random Drawf and telling them, "We know you are a Drawf!" I mean, you have to do something in order to make people stop trusting the Child so much.
* Servant Corps sighs.
Seriously, I've been terrified of being assassinated both times (and was first contacted both times).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43