Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65154 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 2)
« Reply #465 on: February 28, 2009, 08:48:46 am »

I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #466 on: February 28, 2009, 09:03:59 am »

Well, although it might seem suspicious, I will vote No Lynch, since all we have are theories, most of them contradictory. I would rather an elf died, but since any lynch is more likely to be a dwarf than an elf, hopefully this is the best way.

At least until day 3.
Eh?
Eh!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2009, 09:46:19 am »

Based on zai's claim I am going to unvote and change my vote to Cheeetar
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck ?

Because you unvoted me?

Well, although it might seem suspicious, I will vote No Lynch, since all we have are theories, most of them contradictory. I would rather an elf died, but since any lynch is more likely to be a dwarf than an elf, hopefully this is the best way.

It seems very suspicious to me, mostly because voting patterns are one of the most important ways to find scum. (which is why I'm always against a day 1 no lynch as well).
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2009, 12:25:01 pm »

Mephansteras is the most suspicious person at this point as conducting power roles is a hugely beneficial situation for elves. Think about it, they know who they shouldn't try to kill, they can lead the Child and Sheriff on the wrong tracks and keep away from the spotlight. I think taking commands from someone who isn't confirmed is very risky.

If you thought that my visit to Meph's was a check if he was an elf or a dwarf and because of that thought he was confirmed, he isn't.

Also:
The good news in all of this is that, once we do have all of these people confirmed (one way or another), we'll have drastically narrowed down the list of possible elves.
And if everyone is going to turn out dwarves, as they will if Meph is an elf, the elves have killed at least 3 dwarves and probably managed to lynch some as well. How many dwarves are there currently? Have the elves already won when these people are confirmed?

I would point my FoS at you, but as webadict wants votes, I'll vote Mephansteras. Meph, why should we trust you?

I'm working on as little information as most of you. And if you'll notice, I'm trying not to get anyone killed that I think is a dwarf lynched. We now have 5 dwarves that can be confirmed by checking 3 people (Shades, Rooster/You, qwerty/a1s). I don't want us to risk any of these people until we have more information. If any of them are Elves, we can deal with it tomorrow.

I guess I don't have any proof that I'm not an elf, if you didn't check me. All I can do right now is try to help us find the elves, and wait for someone to confirm that I'm a loyal dwarf.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 28, 2009, 08:03:54 pm »

Upon thinking about it some more, I want to unvote and change my vote to Rooster. I'm still suspicious of Cheeetar, but looking back, Rooster's roleclaim seems pretty dubious. I don't really trust a1s and Zai as being the lovers (or dwarf lovers, at least), but I think that if they turn out to be being truthful and we lynch one, we also lose another. It's too risky until we can get a check on them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2009, 11:45:43 pm »

I don't think they would be elf lovers, as that would be disadvantaging the elves too much. There are about 3 elves (I think?) and a druid, and one lynch of an elf could lead to only 2 elves left.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 01, 2009, 12:13:30 am »

Actually, you have a point there. I don't think we really know if they're the lovers at all, though, so they're still suspicious.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2009, 12:27:44 am »

Feel free to check either of us. We're the lovers, and according to the original post that means that we're both dwarves:

Lovers – These two know each other to be Dwarves, and can't bare to live their lives without each other.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:35 am »

I'll, uh, update this sometime soon. Today hasn't been too great.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2009, 10:57:47 am »

The Dwarves turn on Rooster, who they drag to the hammering block, kicking and screaming. Two Dwarves have to hold them while the Hammerer deals justice.

Upon his death, they realize that Rooster was a Dwarf Ambusher! 'Tis a sad day...

It is now Night!

Send your night actions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Night 2)
« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2009, 08:52:47 am »

As everyone awakens, the people find the body of a1s, dead inside his home. His door was smashed down, and he was then crushed to death by a heavy object. He also has a few arrows sticking out of his stomach. Someone in the crowd cries loudly for this Duke Lover.

It is now Day.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 3)
« Reply #476 on: March 02, 2009, 09:15:42 am »

Mephansteras is a dwarf.

I checked you first Mephansteras because others trusted you and if you turned out to be an elf that would have cause trouble. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I'm much closer to knowing who the elves are.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 02, 2009, 09:39:11 am »

Try Pandarsenic. He turned the crowd against me

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:27 am »

Well, I can't blame you for spending a turn on me, Shades. At least people know they can trust me now.

I'll start reviewing vote records and whatnot for yesterday. Maybe that will turn up some clues.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 02, 2009, 05:08:19 pm »

I'm now most suspicious of Cheetar and Inaluct.

We had 3 votes for Cheetar (Myself, Shades, and Inaluct), and then Inaluct switched to Rooster. That makes me very suspicious that both of them are elves, since Inaluct switched from a possible elf to someone we now know is a dwarf.

Since Shades and Myself are clear, Inaluct switching the killing vote is most suspicious. Therefore I vote inaluct.

I should also note that A_Fey_Dwarf and Zai also voted for Rooster. Zai is either dead, due to a1s's death, or lying. Therefore we'll know about him one way or another tomorrow. I'm not overly suspicious of A_Fey_Dwarf, but I'm not convinced he's a dwarf.

I may post more analysis later, but that's where I'm at in a nutshell.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43