Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65149 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 2)
« Reply #435 on: February 27, 2009, 10:10:07 am »

Our "Druid" also sounded suspicious

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 27, 2009, 10:21:23 am »

Rooster is acting suspicious (more so than Shades, in my opinion), so I'll have to vote for him.

I vote for Rooster!

And if the child would like to check me, I am a dwarf.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 27, 2009, 10:44:07 am »

Yes!
Everybody listen to Zaithemaster and I'll prove that you can fall for the same trick twice
EDIT:Already dealing with it just you wait...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:48:36 am by Rooster »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 27, 2009, 11:29:10 am »

Rooster: Uhuh. Same mistake again. You're bluffing. Big time. I was just slightly suspicious, now I am very suspicious.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »

Ok, I'll unvote Shades and switch to abstain while I ponder things some more.

Day 2 is always so hard...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »

As it turned out that Rooster may be an Ambusher as well as an elf, my suspicion towards him jumped from none to moderate. Though he seems like he is a dwarf that doesn't want to play any more.

Seriously, if you're under suspicion and don't know how to defend yourself, don't give up and get "revenge" on the other townies, try to defend yourself, even if is the worst defence ever, it won't ruin the game for others and you'll still be able to join games later on. This game is about teams, not individuals, you don't lose if you get killed. You lose when your team loses and what our "druid" did was a perfect example how to make losing more probable.

(Rooster, if you're an elf, this does not concern you.)

I'm don't know if I should vote for Rooster or not. He did vote for Shades for no reason and wants us to kill him, but still I'm more sure that he is a newbie dwarf than an elf.

I guessed that Shades would be the hammerer, but I believe he's the Sheriff.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »

I suggest that we find a different target for today. Rooster could be an elf, or just a newbie and frustrated.

Therefore,

Shades, please check Rooster tonight.
Doc, please protect Shades for tonight.
Child, please see if you can confirm Shades for us.
If anyone else has Hunter or Ambusher night roles (or some other way of checking things), please do so.
Elves, please save us the trouble and go jump in some magma.

Anyway, I'm going to vote a1s. Simply because he's on my list of suspects, he hasn't said much, and the people I'm now most suspicious of have a lot of confusion surrounding them. And we need to vote on someone. Although I'm open for a different target if anyone has really strong reasons.

Shades, LASD, and Rooster all need confirmation at this point. Moreso then anyone else, I think.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2009, 05:27:56 pm »

I vote LASD. Rooster and Shades both seem suspicious but also have decent arguments for them.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:03 pm »

I really don't feel the lynch on Rooster or LASD, even if they did third and fourth vote for day 1 lynch. By my reckoning they either both have to be elves or neither are, I can't see any other way for the claims both have made to work out.

I will take the advice to check on of them out tonight unless the child contacts me private (in which case I'll check whoever claims to be the child so I can validate them). I will make a post directly after this with just one statement saying I'm sheriff so the child can validate me to them self as well.

I will vote a1s as well, he has only posted twice from what I can see, once to vote on the bandwagon and once to say we could repeat the 'i'm a dwarf' posts for the child. However his 'i'm a dwarf' post was fairly ambiguous as it contained a statement that might make webaddict give strange true/false responses to the child.

wow, you guys are true adepts of the infinite monkey.
I'm in fact not an elf, and I vote FoboslC
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:32 pm »

I am the sheriff
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2009, 06:41:21 pm »

Shades, please check Rooster tonight.
Doc, please protect Shades for tonight.
Child, please see if you can confirm Shades for us.
If anyone else has Hunter or Ambusher night roles (or some other way of checking things), please do so.
Elves, please save us the trouble and go jump in some magma.
QFT

My suspicion of shades is lifted. I truly do believe him to be the sheriff as his roleclaim did not come out as last minute lynch saver, he has been hinting at being a major tole throughout this entire round.
eg
You know it's really temping to role claim and it's only day 1, what is wrong with me.

Anyways, we need to lynch someone today and it seems to me that A1s is the most suspicious so my vote goes for A1s.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »

Okay. I'm gonna have to roleclaim, it seems.

Me and a1s are the "lovers" in this game. So if you kill one of us, you'll end up killing both of us, getting the dwarves no further in the game but making things easier for the elves. We are both dwarves.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

I swear, I will scream if you guys turn out to be elves.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2009, 08:17:48 pm »

Hmm, I will unvote. Seeing as Zai wouldn't put his life on the line for a nobody, he probably is telling the truth. Unless of course he is just an elf trying to protect a fellow elf...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2009, 08:21:44 pm »

Ugg. This is insane.

All right...fine.

My requests for today stay. Tomorrow, we'll need someone to check Zai or a1s. If either of them is an elf, we can toast both of them.

I'm switching to Cheetar unless someone else gives me some good evidence not to. He still joined the bandwagon yesterday and is therefore still on my list of suspects.

The good news in all of this is that, once we do have all of these people confirmed (one way or another), we'll have drastically narrowed down the list of possible elves.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43