Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65150 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 2)
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »

Ideas for future rounds:

Dungeon master: Knows so much about the various races that he can determine, at a glance(immune to edgy roles) if the target is a dwarf.

Goblin: By sneaking in and commiting acts of snatchiness, can disrupt one player's action per night. If used on the child, the child changes roles to a dwarf-goblin(like a goblin but the DM sees as a dwarf)

That-Thing-From-The-2D-Version-That-Pulled-Levers-That-Might-Have-Been-The-Gremlin: with it's awesome powers of leverness, can confuse two players into swapping targets. Their action is declared as soon as possible that day/night but if anyone goes before them, their target is counted as No Target. People wo had a target but are switched to No Target simply don't do anything. People who had No Target but get a target still don't do anything. People are told if they have had a target swaped on them but not who the target was swapped to/with.

The elven trade liason: Not affected by the mechanic, having learned the secrets of how traps are hidden.

The miner: Due to his career, the miner is called away every third turn(day 1, night 2, day 4, night 5, and so on, but with a random initial offset, starting on day 1, night 1, or day 2), during that time, s/he is strongly encouraged not to post except within 1 hour of a day/night swap BUT he cannot be targeted("he is not here" message). Immune to the mechanic, as s/he is urgently needed elsewhere.

The psychic: Each morning is given a random PM that was sent between groups. Friend, foe, truth, or false, they get ONE. Players in communication without sending a copy to webadict are liable to be punished.

The immigrant: Votes count for nothing for the first two turns. At the end of that time, is given a random role.

The Dragon: Given to one dead player on a night of webadict's chosing. Each night can eat one player, leaving obvious traces to the fact that it was the dragon's doing(scratched walls, burnt furnature, processed dwarf ;) ) If blocked by the mechanic, is killed by the traps, as The Dragon is just a wild creature and not immune to them. Additionally, the mechanic can chose to set cage traps instead of their regular action, these will capture any non-dwarf or non-elf player without impeding the dwarves or elves they are set up by. Captured players are unable to move until released by the mechanic, although while they are captured, the mechanic can't do regular actions. Poor Dragon if the mechanic dies after getting them.
Eh?
Eh!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2009, 08:53:27 pm »

Actually, I was thinking about the Goblin role as a counter for the Child. Except it'd be one of those instant win situations.

And the Dungeon Master, but it's not worth it to add roles without more people.

Also, did anyone know you can only send 20 pms an hour? Because I never did. And it sucks.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »

Yeah, I've run into the PM limit while playing these games. It can be a huge problem.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »

I really don't know who to vote for. Nobody really sticks out as an elf. I don't think either LASD or rooster are elves, as Meph pointed out it is rather unlikely.

Also, following along with Meph's analysis,
To pick the three most likely elves, I'd say:
Shades - Vocal and started the bandwagon
Zaithmaister - Joined the bandwagon but has said pretty much nothing
Nuke9.13 - I didn't like the wording used to join the bandwagon

So, unless people say something to convince me otherwise, I vote Shades

This seems to make sense. For now I will point my FoS at Shades, as he seems the most likely elf but I don't really know enough to be sure.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:51 pm »

I'll extend the voting deadline for another 24 hours, since 2 people voted. If y'all could do that, that'd be swell. Plus, it's easier for me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2009, 02:29:05 am »

Ok, I'll vote Shades, because he seems the most likely. I'm doing my civic duty by voting.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2009, 07:22:30 am »

All right, all right. I tried to make heads/tails of the current situation but failed miserably. What Mephansteras said makes sense. Or at least, more sense than anything else.
Shades it is.
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2009, 07:25:41 am »

I have to sleep now, so I guess I'll go with Shades, even if I don't feel good about going with a wagon.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2009, 07:54:47 am »

If it makes you feel good Pandarsenic kill me. You already said I'm a bad player, wouldn't it help the dwarves if I die? I'm not doing quote thingy because I always do plain
tag. Check my RTD the quote thingy is in every turn.  So yeah kill me before I do something so stupid that I make elves win.
I unvote Pandarsenic, and vote Shades I don't know why, but everyone votes for him.

Oh, and I will not survive this game, but at least have satisfaction that with me Pandarsenic will go down <insert maniacal laughter>

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:44 am »

I'm now guessing that Rooster is an elf who's killing me tonight. I request:
1) that the doctor's protection go to me
2) that Rooster and LASD be checked for elfiness. IF EITHER IS FOUND TO BE AN ELF, SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM TO ME IN PM IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2009, 09:34:30 am »

No objections

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 27, 2009, 09:35:58 am »

Okay as lots of people have voted for me I'll claim.

I am a dwarf and the Sheriff.
Last night I checked Alexhans and was told he was a dwarf and dead.

I suggest you unvote me.
I request the child checks and contacts me before the night so I can use my night action to verify him.
I also request the Doctor protect me, sorry LASD I would rather not have claimed but as people are voting for me I have little choice.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:47 am »

I'll bite. I'll unvote.

Who do we turn on now?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 27, 2009, 09:42:50 am »

I'll also unvote.
Also you can all kill me, so that I can have a maniacal laughter that you killed another ambusher.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:28 am »

Quote from: shades
blah blah blah
Hmmn.
In that case I will unvote again.

Also,
Quote from: Rooster
I'll also unvote.
Also you can all kill me, so that I can have a maniacal laughter that you killed another ambusher.
Sounds pretty suspicious.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43