Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 226942 times)

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #960 on: May 29, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »

I saw question about blowgun and using venoms on Yahoo Answers and immediately thought: You can't poison darts... oh wait."
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #961 on: May 29, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »

... if it is edible, or looks like it might be edible, I must try it. FYI, tobacco tastes bad when chewed and can cause involuntary evacuation of the stomach via the frontal face hole if enough is ingested. This process is also known as "Reverse Mastication."

... I need alcohol to get through the post-working day.

... I don't find anything all that gruesome anymore (slightly less so then before starting to play DF anyway)

... my delusions of grandeur now seem justified
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 29, 2012, 08:05:16 pm »

Because of dwarf fortress, I am digging a 20 foot long 5 feet deep trench in stone with a pick bigger than I am.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »

Because of dwarf fortress, I am digging a 20 foot long 5 feet deep trench in stone with a pick bigger than I am.
How does that work, anyway? Do you mean construction equipment, or an actual oversized pickaxe? I've never heard of one longer than maybe 4 feet.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 29, 2012, 09:59:34 pm »

Corai is like, three and half feet tall max. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 29, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »

IRL he's 6'1, apparently.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:54 pm »

Oddly, so am I. Well, more like 6'.5 but I round up for shoes. Maybe he has one of the jackhammer backhoe things.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:46 pm »

How does that work, anyway? Do you mean construction equipment, or an actual oversized pickaxe? I've never heard of one longer than maybe 4 feet.

My dad is big, and has big picks. Hes bringing me to help for once. It had to be digging.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:37 pm »

Aren't you excited? Digging is fun.
He's fucking with us.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 30, 2012, 11:46:32 pm »

Digging is fun, getting rid of the debris is not.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:08 am »

Point. And digging through rock isn't so much fun. But it is very fulfilling when you get done.
He's fucking with us.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 31, 2012, 06:03:46 am »

Much of today was spent on WikiWalking amongst various volcanology-related things, thanks to somebody on the forum mentioning a'a and pahoehoe.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 31, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

Because of Dwarf Fortress, or more accurately the Bay12 community, I have started watching My Little Pony, to my chagrin.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 31, 2012, 02:19:18 pm »

Because of Dwarf Fortress, or more accurately the Bay12 community, I have started watching My Little Pony, to my chagrin.
We expected nothing less. The thing hooks peoples interest whether they like it or not.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #974 on: May 31, 2012, 08:19:33 pm »

We expected nothing less. The thing hooks peoples interest whether they like it or not.

Huzzah for having crappy internet then? :D  ||  :'(
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69