Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 226946 times)

Taikand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #945 on: May 26, 2012, 03:20:53 pm »

You guys completely ruined movies for me now. Guess which movie this combat log is from.
The Soap Maker cuts the *bomb* with his iron scissors on the green wire and the part sails off in an arc!
The Wrestler is Enraged!
The Wrestler Punches the Soap Maker in the Upper Right Arm, bruising the muscle through the +cotton fiber bathrobe+!
The Wrestler drags the Soap Maker across the concrete, tearing the skin on the lower body!

The Wrestler is posesed , that's why he can't gain any skill in soap making.
Actually, during that entire movie the entire organisation was basically a tantrum spiral.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 26, 2012, 08:21:22 pm »

You guys completely ruined movies for me now. Guess which movie this combat log is from.
The Soap Maker cuts the *bomb* with his iron scissors on the green wire and the part sails off in an arc!
The Wrestler is Enraged!
The Wrestler Punches the Soap Maker in the Upper Right Arm, bruising the muscle through the +cotton fiber bathrobe+!
The Wrestler drags the Soap Maker across the concrete, tearing the skin on the lower body!

The Wrestler is posesed , that's why he can't gain any skill in soap making.
Actually, during that entire movie the entire organisation was basically a tantrum spiral.
Funny, I would have thought it was closer to a strange mood involving possession.

The Soap Maker has created Operation FTW, a bank-destroying plan of artifact proportions!
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:43 am »

David Fincher has created a masterpiece!

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 27, 2012, 09:54:47 am »

I've regained my interest towards making games. Sadly, I only know some of the basics of Java.  :'(

Vodrilus withdraws from society...
Vodrilus has claimed a laptop!
Vodrilus sketches pictures of an eclipse.
Vodrilus works secretly...
Vodrilus has created an image viewer in Java!
Vodrilus is quite content with making an artifact.

However, as with most artifacts, this one is also pretty useless, as it only displays a single, hard-coded image.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 27, 2012, 09:58:30 am »

I've regained my interest towards making games. Sadly, I only know some of the basics of Java.  :'(

Vodrilus withdraws from society...
Vodrilus has claimed a laptop!
Vodrilus sketches pictures of an eclipse.
Vodrilus works secretly...
Vodrilus has created an image viewer in Java!
Vodrilus is quite content with making an artifact.

However, as with most artifacts, this one is also pretty useless, as it only displays a single, hard-coded image.

May I direct you to http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/? The software they sell is pretty handy for building your own, although limited to the kinds of games they support. DF the 16-bit adventure game it won't be.
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 27, 2012, 11:57:21 am »

May I direct you to http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/? The software they sell is pretty handy for building your own, although limited to the kinds of games they support. DF the 16-bit adventure game it won't be.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm... well... cheap. Also, I'm anti-piracy. Which means, no RPGMaker for me. With regard to other editors that I've tried (free), I'm a bit OCD with all of the "secret projects" that I get in my head. If I can't get it just right, it's pointless to continue. Eh, that's "living life with challenges enabled" for you.  ::)

Edit: The above are also reasons why I play DF.  :P
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »

Try Scratch or 101 games.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:49 am »

...I now consider it normal for forums to be as insane as this one has become.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:48 am »

I can't, other forums I visit are pretty sane.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 29, 2012, 12:28:57 am »

So are they for me, but as Bay12 is etched into my mind I can do naught but find it strange they are sane even though I know it isn't.
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:17 am »

So are they for me, but as Bay12 is etched into my mind I can do naught but find it strange they are sane even though I know it isn't.
Ah. That makes sense.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 29, 2012, 11:05:15 am »

All things here make sense, you just need the proper perspective. Which is standing at the top of an 80 z deep shaft with a sackful of kittens in your hand, giggling maniacly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:30 am »

Have you ever thought that maybe we're the sane forum, and everybody else is crazy? I mean, we have all these righteously right ideas, right? I mean, kitten meat and dog mittens isn't that abhorrent when you think about it. It's them who's crazy.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 29, 2012, 11:24:38 am »

Have you ever thought that maybe we're the sane forum, and everybody else is crazy? I mean, we have all these righteously right ideas, right? I mean, kitten meat and dog mittens isn't that abhorrent when you think about it. It's them who's crazy.
I need that quote. Now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 29, 2012, 11:29:02 am »

People used to eat horses before they realized you could press them into slavery instead. And now a days, people think its insane that the slavery could, you know, be unfun for the poor things? I'd rather get eaten than be a slave honestly.
People have these massive, labrynthian set of laws that regulate such things as: What plants you can burn to inhale the carcinogens from, standards for letting a food product rot to produce a poison that has 'fun' effects, how fast you can make your 'I'm-raping-the-natural-order-going-this-fast' car go, and laws about killing animals for food at the wrong times of the year.
Yeah, everyone in the whole world is crazy but us.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69