Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 226945 times)

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #930 on: May 13, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »

when I visit my parents, I look at my mother's knickknack shelf and think things like, "this is a masterfully crafted porcelain figurine of an egg.  It is encrusted with bands of gold.  On the item is an image of a peahen and flowers in ink.  The peahen is surrounded by the flowers."

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 13, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »

I've been content lately. I've had a decadent drink lately. I've complained about the draft lately. I took joy in work lately. I took joy in slaughter lately. I witnessed death. I don't really care about anything anymore.
« Reply #932 on: May 13, 2012, 05:27:18 pm »

...I believe the cure to lost limbs is to be bitten by a werecreature.

...I don't drink water from rivers that drain into oceans, because the river water is probably salty.

...When calling up the city to see if it's safe to dig in my yard, I always make sure to ask if the site is located on an aquifer.

...When my clothes get worn out, I just toss them on the ground and go about my business in the nude until someone gives me more.

...I admired a well made sock recently.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

Last night I was playing Might and Magic: World of Xeen.  In the Red dwarf mines, I met Mad Dwarves, and immediately wondered if they'd gone mad because their artifacts had failed.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 14, 2012, 11:33:19 pm »

Hehe, they all wanted steel bars and they're in a no flux area with plenty of iron.  Poor bastards.

Now, when I watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, I think, 'Why isn't Indy using a silver whip?'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »

I nicknamed my cat "Soap".

I'm reading books on glassmaking because being a Peasant bothers me.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »

I'm also starting to see the good side of communism.

Also I've learned a lot of new English words in specialized fields, mostly geology.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

...The bad thought from my girlfriend leaving to Kentucky for the summer is mostly alleviated by this computer i'm appreciating.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 20, 2012, 12:38:48 am »

I think in terms of z levels, not height.

I drink out of the barel

I am terified of cats

I feel the pain of the imigration oficals

I pass geology tests without studying (more than pass actualy)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 20, 2012, 02:33:49 am »

I was laughing and crying REVENGE when i saw some elephants being swept away on a nature program.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 20, 2012, 02:36:32 am »

I can now visualise decently in 3D.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 20, 2012, 04:05:49 am »

My ability to watch wuxia films (or any films featuring any manner of hand-to-hand combat whatsoever, for that matter) is ruined forever.  :'(

The Samurai hacks the Villain in the left lower arm with his *steel long sword* and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 20, 2012, 04:18:05 am »

My ability to watch wuxia films (or any films featuring any manner of hand-to-hand combat whatsoever, for that matter) is ruined forever.  :'(

The Samurai hacks the Villain in the left lower arm with his *steel long sword* and the severed part sails off in an arc!
It was actually fun to watch Avengers after playing Dwarf Fortress.

The Elite Marksdwarf bashes the Assassin with his <+<*steel crossbow*>+>, but misses the target!
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »

It was actually fun to watch Avengers after playing Dwarf Fortress.

The Elite Marksdwarf bashes the Assassin with his <+<*steel crossbow*>+>, but misses the target!
Thor swings his ++mjonlir hammer++ at Captain, but the attack is deflected by his ++*vibranium*++ shield!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 26, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »

You guys completely ruined movies for me now. Guess which movie this combat log is from.
The Soap Maker cuts the *bomb* with his iron scissors on the green wire and the part sails off in an arc!
The Wrestler is Enraged!
The Wrestler Punches the Soap Maker in the Upper Right Arm, bruising the muscle through the +cotton fiber bathrobe+!
The Wrestler drags the Soap Maker across the concrete, tearing the skin on the lower body!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69