Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 226986 times)

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #840 on: May 07, 2011, 12:16:52 am »

That seems almost delicious when you compare it to the kitten tallow biscuits i had for lunch.
That would just taste like butter.

"I can't believe it's not butter!"

Have you ever eaten biscuits made entirely of butter? Yeah, I think I'd rather have just about anything else.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2011, 12:24:46 am »

Because of DF I look at random friendly animals and wonder what they would taste like as sweetbread.
You realize sweetbread is the urine producing kidneys... right?

lol.

Sweetbread:
Also called stomach sweetbread. the pancreas of an animal, especially a calf or a lamb, used for food.
Also called neck sweetbread, throat sweetbread. the thymus gland of such an animal, used for food.

Not necessarily kidneys from a technical standpoint, although I'm sure some people do call kidneys by such a name when preparing them as food.

Because of Dwarf Fortress, I regularly have the overwhelming urge to attempt to build a castle, which would be both my home and my workplace, and able to house up to one hundred and ninety-nine other people who would also live self-sufficiently within its walls.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 07, 2011, 12:25:44 am »

That seems almost delicious when you compare it to the kitten tallow biscuits i had for lunch.
That would just taste like butter.

"I can't believe it's not butter!"

Have you ever eaten biscuits made entirely of butter? Yeah, I think I'd rather have just about anything else.

They're called croissants.

:D

This is a kitten tallow croissant. It is composed of finely minced goat milk butter, finely ground cave wheat flour, dwarven rum, and finely minced kitten tallow.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2011, 12:43:13 am »

I frequently search up how to dig tunnels and build below ground level shelters. Also I desire a pick axe or a collapsible shovel.
nothing

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:50 am »

Whenever any mildly significant action occurs, I shout DF combat announcements. Writing, for instance: The Human stabs the Pencil into the Paper, jamming the graphite into the plant fiber!
The homework has been knocked unconscious.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:43 am »

I'm tempted to do what Terry Pratchett did.

http://www.geekosystem.com/terry-pratchett-sword/
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 15, 2011, 01:33:23 am »

I'm tempted to do what Terry Pratchett did.

http://www.geekosystem.com/terry-pratchett-sword/

As am I, admittedly. It's really quite a very nice looking sword, although I much prefer shorter, curved blades for my own use.
For they would be your masters.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #847 on: May 15, 2011, 01:44:29 am »

... I now have a pretty good idea of the solid densities for most common rocks, minerals, and types of wood.

Also, I may soon have a piece of Saguaro wood, just so I can determine its material properties experimentally.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 15, 2011, 02:28:35 am »

I now assess every food item I see on its potential to be used as an improvised weapon.

(And if it'll brew nicely).

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 15, 2011, 03:44:15 am »

I now assess every food item I see on its potential to be used as an improvised weapon.

I did that long before DF was so much as a twinkle in ToadyOne's eye  :P
For they would be your masters.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 15, 2011, 05:28:54 am »

i chase cats

i'm getting ready to be a zombeh slaya

i can name the quickest way to forge metals and the requisites needed >_<

i'm HAPPY? :O

i want to own a badger and unleash it upon any one with large elfy ears
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 15, 2011, 05:29:56 am »

I wonder how good guts would be as a weapon.

I shit you not, I've actually thought that once.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 15, 2011, 08:49:40 am »

I regularly say "But that not !!FUN!! enough" or ""but that's the !!FUN!! part!" pronounced in that fashion.

Of course, most people (i.e., not DFers) can't tell the difference, so they just go "No, that's not the fun part," etc.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13:31 am »

That craze in the USA for elf ears... I think some magma might be needed there...
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 15, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »

i dream about a giant elf curb stomping killer cheese named bomreck urist VII
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69