Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 227027 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #795 on: April 14, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »

I'm planning to mod in fossils.  Am not sure whether to treat them as stone, or as gems (irl, small fossils are often made into jewelry, but with larger ones this would be silly).

This is a fossilized t.rex bone bed.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality, blah blah...
You should make it a gem, as fossils aren't that strong.

But then again we have spaceships made of soap.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to weaponize the stranger sitting in my living room watching cartoons. Ideas anyone?
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2011, 11:01:15 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to weaponize the stranger sitting in my living room watching cartoons. Ideas anyone?
set a cage trap along his most likely path.
build occupied cage next to chain in front yard
attach animal to chain
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »

I can talk about sciences I never actually studied.
I already did that

It's still pretty cool.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 14, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »

attach animal to chain

You forgot he needs a kennel, make sure he has  [TRAINABLE] tag, and his Animal Trainer skill active.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 15, 2011, 12:07:37 am »

attach animal to chain

You forgot he needs a kennel, make sure he has  [TRAINABLE] tag, and his Animal Trainer skill active.
And [PET].

Unfortunately we can't get a dungeon tamer around here, so [PET_EXOTIC] won't work. You could also just butcher him and sell +Stranger Roast+

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2011, 12:43:03 am »

Because of Dwarf Fortress, I managed a TPK in a GURPS game I was GMing simply by having the players explore the ruins of one of my forts.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 15, 2011, 02:05:15 am »

attach animal to chain

And [PET].

Unfortunately we can't get a dungeon tamer around here, so [PET_EXOTIC] won't work. You could also just butcher him and sell +Stranger Roast+

In case anyone is curious, this is an extremely easy bug to fix with modding.  All you have to do is change which noble appoints him.

theSquirrelOfLoathing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 15, 2011, 07:58:46 am »

In case anyone is curious, this is an extremely easy bug to fix with modding.  All you have to do is change which noble appoints him.

Expand on this, please? Is it simply a question of adding [APPOINTED_BY:e.g. EXPEDITION_LEADER]?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »

Because of Dwarf Fortress, I managed a TPK in a GURPS game I was GMing simply by having the players explore the ruins of one of my forts.
TPK?

I fail at internets
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2011, 05:57:44 pm »

TPK?

I fail at internets

It's a tabletop-gamer acronym. It means Total Party Kill, and normally is to be avoided. DF, though, would likely produce TPK-capable forts no matter what.
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:26 am »

Expand on this, please? Is it simply a question of adding [APPOINTED_BY:e.g. EXPEDITION_LEADER]?

I use this in LFR:

Spoiler: DM Raws (click to show/hide)

The result is that as soon as your expedition leader gets promoted to mayor, you are allowed to appoint a dungeon master of your choosing.  You can make it expedition leader if you want him even earlier.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »

TPK?

I fail at internets
Total Party Kill

Ganegrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 24, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »

I have TOTALLY also done this.  But I did it in D&D 3.5.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 69