Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 227080 times)

Tonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #645 on: October 02, 2010, 01:25:14 am »

...I stopped playing Starcraft 2 after just a day and a half.

thedude72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 02, 2010, 01:52:06 am »

...I lock my girlfriend in a room that slowly fills with lava whenever she mandates that I mow the lawn

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2010, 03:16:16 am »

Whenever someone mentions playing an elf or a human in an RPG, I think "Okay, that person drowns in magma first." I do this even more if I'm the GM.

Someone put up posters at my school that looked like
"Vote for
 XXXXXX
 For Student
!!President!!"
and I actually burst out laughing. Right before I thought "Good riddance; stupid nobles..."

Oh, and I, like many others, fear the ampersand. Correctly placed or not.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 14, 2010, 02:44:47 pm »

I regularly spam control keys into IRC because I forget to change focus to DF

When they described the things they were doing to keep the Chilean miners healthy and the symptoms they were tying to prevent, my first thought was "Cave Adaptation!"
(seriously, sunglasses to counter light sensitivity, fasting just before extraction to prevent vomiting...)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 14, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »

When they described the things they were doing to keep the Chilean miners healthy and the symptoms they were tying to prevent, my first thought was "Cave Adaptation!"
(seriously, sunglasses to counter light sensitivity, fasting just before extraction to prevent vomiting...)

I...  didn't hear about this. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, that's kind of creepy.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 14, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »

I...  didn't hear about this. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, that's kind of creepy.

Sources are the news radio station I listen to while I drive.  Granted, the vomiting was expected to come from nausea caused by the motion of the ride up the shaft.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »

Sources are the news radio station I listen to while I drive.  Granted, the vomiting was expected to come from nausea caused by the motion of the ride up the shaft.

Hmm ok.  I had heard about the shaft ride causing "discomfort" but not much more than that.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 14, 2010, 04:57:33 pm »

Because of DF, I now call the wonders from Civilization "Megaprojects".
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 14, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »

Because of Dwarf Fortress, I got way too interested in this collector's set sort of deal where they release a new mineral or gem every few weeks and you buy the sample to add to your collector's box.

At least my pyrite and amethyst is pretty to look at. FOUR MORE DAYS TO TIGEREYE OH GOD HOW WILL I EVER COPE WITH THIS WAITING

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 14, 2010, 06:04:40 pm »

the Chilean miners
Is it a bad thing that due to Dwarf Fortress, I expected the boss of the company was going about his buisness when suddenly a giant black textbox appears telling him that A section of the cavern has collapsed!

Starkos127

• Bay Watcher
  • Nemesis: Ogallala Aquifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2010, 01:22:32 pm »

... I'm not bothered in the slightest by being single for over a year and a half. Before DF I would whimper in a dark corner.

... My dad was looking for tin ore in WoW. My response: "Just look for cassiterite."

I've only been playing for little more than a month, I'd say I'm rapidly adapting to cavelike surroundings  8)

Also, someone on this thread said they discovered tvtropes because of DF. I discovered DF because of tvtropes!
Yes, that is a robocarp

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2010, 04:05:23 pm »

... I have wasted soooooooooo long on TVTropes
... I don't believe in graphics cards
... I think in z levels rather than storys (stories? who cares?)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2010, 06:50:48 pm »

I've actually found out that the science building of my campus put a banner over their gerbil tube linking to a parking garage read "science@campus.edu" where the "@" was the dot for a "!" Upon seeing this read as "Science!"

Funnier part:
My respond was an "Oshi-" upon which My friend walking with me asked what was wrong. He's mildly aware of DF, but my lack of response lead him to follow my gaze and respond with an "Oshi-" We both expect either !!Fun!!, HFS, or a cave-in.  :P
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

...Whenever I hear about government officials doing something stupid or anything else that annoys me and/or the populace, I consider locking the door to their room while they are in it to release the magma.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:08 pm »

the Chilean miners
Is it a bad thing that due to Dwarf Fortress, I expected the boss of the company was going about his buisness when suddenly a giant black textbox appears telling him that A section of the cavern has collapsed!
In a word:  No!

:D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 69