Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 227116 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:52 pm »

Are you kdidding? Computers would never harm you! They will never try to break you heart and kill you either...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »

That is until the internet becomes self-aware and decides that humanity is a scourge on the planet and must be eliminated to preserve the planet.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »

Apparently, computers cannot be used for farming or hunting, and are therefore impure and are the work of Sataaaaaan. Because God wants you to mount stuffed deer heads on your wall.

OT: Because of Dwarf Fortress, I no longer have friends.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:49 pm »

That is until the internet becomes self-aware and decides that humanity is a scourge on the planet and must be eliminated to preserve the planet.
If the internet becomes self-aware it will commit suicide out of sheer horror at what it is.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »

...I think that i have to make millions of *Obsidian mugs*, to barter them to the local traders for a barrel of ale, from which I drink directly from.
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:05 pm »

If the internet becomes self-aware it will commit suicide out of sheer horror at what it is.

Yes, but is this before or after it has killed all of humanity cause humanity caused it to be that horrible.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 02, 2010, 11:53:53 pm »

...I just downloaded my folder to my flash drive and will proceed to play it at school.

I've done that actually ^_^
I tried to do that with 40d. Either during worldgen or when starting DF, the computer resets for no apparent reason. Maybe it overheats :P.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #592 on: June 03, 2010, 03:02:32 am »

... I read "Today" as "Toady"

uttaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The living will envy the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 08, 2010, 04:13:18 pm »

...I just downloaded my folder to my flash drive and will proceed to play it at school.

I've done that actually ^_^
I want your teachers. Mine would freak out if they saw me toying around on one of the school laptops.

I tried that once, it got me banned from the school computers for a month!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 08, 2010, 04:19:06 pm »

I did that too, doesn't save, so for next year, ima download a new version, put it on to computer, play, save, put it on flashdrive, delete from computer.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »

I did that too, doesn't save, so for next year, ima download a new version, put it on to computer, play, save, put it on flashdrive, delete from computer.
Or, ya know, play from flashdrive. you just have to stop a bit earlier to compensate for the slower save speed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:11 pm »

Or, ya know, play from flashdrive. you just have to stop a bit earlier to compensate for the slower save speed.
My laptop broke so I ended up carting it to a flash drive till I got my laptop fixed. Made it so easy to leach processing power off the school computers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 08, 2010, 08:48:03 pm »

I doubt you got much, though. school computers are not known for their processing power, unless you're in the 3D class or the CAD class.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 08, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »

I now have to explain to people why a game with ASCII graphics can have such demanding system specs.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 08, 2010, 08:53:11 pm »

I doubt you got much, though. school computers are not known for their processing power, unless you're in the 3D class or the CAD class.
I was just thinking about that.

Not going to happen. Too many kids want to shove viruses on the CAD computers for them to allow any flash drives.

GODDAMN H4CK3R5!

I now have to explain to people why a game with ASCII graphics can have such demanding system specs.
Ahh, the most frustrating thing about DF... And modern society.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 69