Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 227128 times)

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2010, 12:28:01 am »

i decided to buy a more expensive laptop with a num pad
i use shift to make the arrow keys go faster
i believe everyone's abilities are based on they're skill level in that required skill
i've started "leveling up" my "skills", which is actually helping me in rl  :D

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:09 pm »

When I heard about the oil leak in the gulf, my first thought was to pour magma above the leak and let the resulting obsidian cave-in onto the leak.
When jokingly asked about my plan for the zombie apocalypse (every good geek has one), I proposed cleansing the lot of them with magma.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2010, 01:20:16 pm »

I was watching Dr. Who just now. When it was time for the bad guy to show himself (or herself, as the case may be) my first thought was 'Reptilemen!' This thought was acknowledged even further when the Doctor stated the name of the creature: homo reptilia.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

Kidiri: Which episode? I just watched Vampires in Venice on Sunday.
For they would be your masters.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 25, 2010, 06:35:33 am »

The recent episode is really Dwarfy; digging "too deep", sinkholes, reptilemen and an underground civilsation... and Science! of the medical kind.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 25, 2010, 03:07:42 pm »

I'm guessing "Cold Blood".

The return of the Weeping Angels was, too...

Vast underground cemetary (consisting of literally hundreds of statues, built into a more or less natural cavern), with the Angels themselves doubling for HFS, in a truly twisted, nightmarish fashion.

Just plays so well into my theory that angels are naturally scarier than demons.

Ofcourse, the Angels then meet something a thousand times worse than they are.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 03:10:17 pm by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 25, 2010, 03:40:03 pm »

I'm guessing "Cold Blood".
The return of the Weeping Angels was, too...
Vast underground cemetary (consisting of literally hundreds of statues, built into a more or less natural cavern), with the Angels themselves doubling for HFS, in a truly twisted, nightmarish fashion.
Just plays so well into my theory that angels are naturally scarier than demons.
Ofcourse, the Angels then meet something a thousand times worse than they are.
Actually The Hungry Earth. Cold Blood doesn't air until this Saturday. I'm wondering when the Daleks will return. Or the Cybermen. I mean, after the rerereturn, or how many re's you would need, of the Daleks I highly suspect them to come back too. And according wikipedia, I'm right: They will appear in an unnamed episode of Series 5. Also, if in some way you've already seen them or know the plot, please don't tell.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 25, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

...I just downloaded my folder to my flash drive and will proceed to play it at school.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2010, 04:57:29 pm »

...I just downloaded my folder to my flash drive and will proceed to play it at school.
Warning: Will take a noticeable bit longer to save when run on a flash drive. try to stop a bit ahead of time to make sure it finishes before you've gotta go. (also, it will most likely not look like a game to the majority of people if you play in ASCII mode.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2010, 09:32:11 pm »

Now, on my usual walks around the neighborhood, I constantly ponder striking into the earth and fending off the rest of the world in my own society.

Coincidentally, the police follow me much more often

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:31 pm »

...I learned the secrets of a true warrior are found by strangling an undead quadriplegic groundhog over and over until you pass out.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2010, 07:22:06 pm »

I've done that actually ^_^

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 02, 2010, 07:26:19 pm »

I want your teachers. Mine would freak out if they saw me toying around on one of the school laptops.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 02, 2010, 07:48:26 pm »

I want your teachers. Mine would freak out if they saw me toying around on one of the school laptops.
you actually use those? all we use them for is math teacher's midterm exams who are too lazy to get a lab (or they were all already taken, but thats not usually it)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

you actually use those? all we use them for is math teacher's midterm exams who are too lazy to get a lab (or they were all already taken, but thats not usually it)
I live in Florida. Deep south, and COMPUTERS ARE THE DEVEL!!!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69