Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 227175 times)

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #435 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:12 pm »

.... I use shift+< and shift+> instead of hitting up and down arrows in firefox only to realize that I am not in dwarf fortress.
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 01, 2010, 10:45:51 pm »

I saw some polished rocks being sold at a tourist shop, and noticed they had hematite.

I felt warm and fuzzy inside.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2010, 11:31:27 pm »

I think Giant spiders are cute. Just imagine one of them tapping you one the shoulder with a soft, questioning "Chiirr?" before nuzzling you so hard your face come off.

I think there's something wrong with me...
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2010, 11:38:03 pm »

There's a book out there where one of the main characters is a giant spider named Jumper. Its part of the Xanth series. Good book, if I recall.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 01, 2010, 11:39:47 pm »

There's a book out there where one of the main characters is a giant spider named Jumper. Its part of the Xanth series. Good book, if I recall.

I Believe i have that somewhere. Castle Roogna, i think.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Archmage Ansrit

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush -and blow up- stuff FOR JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 01, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »

I look forward to the day I am learned enough to make a magma-based deathtrap.

I look forward to the day I am learned enough to construct said deathtrap in one of the local mountains.

That's another, I wish to find magma inside a local mountain, because it's major hazards to worry about are fire spirits and imps, which are solved by military, not silly thinks like eruptions and earthquakes.

I want to don legendary adamantine armor and learn how to surpass a large army by myself using only a backpack as a weapon.
"The concept that a video game can be played in a manner that doesn't entail wasting time amuses me." -Squidhead, GameFAQs forums
Because dwarves are goddamned crazy.
So, basically, it is just a matter of luck whether you live or suffer horrible death... sounds like dwarf fortress.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2010, 03:15:20 am »

Yeah, it's that one. One of the latest ones has Jumper's may-times-great-grandson, too.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 02, 2010, 07:32:59 am »

If I remember right, he ends up enormous after being dragged into the tapestry.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 02, 2010, 11:47:00 am »

I think Giant spiders are cute. Just imagine one of them tapping you one the shoulder with a soft, questioning "Chiirr?" before nuzzling you so hard your face come off.

Actually, I already was like that before DF... I also loved snakes, cats, dogs, mice, and ants...  But I have an inexplicable fear of lobsters, their joints creep me the hell out (even when I'm fine with spiders).

So no, liking spiders isn't weird, I mean, I'm pretty normal, right?

right?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 02, 2010, 01:07:08 pm »

Actually, I already was like that before DF... I also loved snakes, cats, dogs, mice, and ants...  But I have an inexplicable fear of lobsters, their joints creep me the hell out (even when I'm fine with spiders).

So no, liking spiders isn't weird, I mean, I'm pretty normal, right?

right?

well, its only the enormous, fluffy-looking ones that i like. the tiny, hard-lloking ones still give me the urge to squish them

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 02, 2010, 03:34:41 pm »

well, its only the enormous, fluffy-looking ones that i like. the tiny, hard-lloking ones still give me the urge to squish them

Awww... I like watching the spiders that spin webs outside my windows.  Especially when they catch a wasp or something, and I can watch the spider trying to bind the partially-paralyzed wasp still trying to sting the spider as it deftly dances around the wasp's stinger, binding it further and further.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 02, 2010, 06:06:02 pm »

.... I use shift+< and shift+> instead of hitting up and down arrows in firefox only to realize that I am not in dwarf fortress.

This has actually started to happen with me in almost anything i do on the PC, games, internet, reading everything, and the only thing that hasn't dissapointed me with this matter is Supreme Commander, the rest are just traitorous scum that refuse to cooperate
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dralloss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 02, 2010, 07:23:50 pm »

I am seriously considering moving away from my life long home of Kansas.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:26 pm »

This has actually started to happen with me in almost anything i do on the PC, games, internet, reading everything, and the only thing that hasn't dissapointed me with this matter is Supreme Commander, the rest are just traitorous scum that refuse to cooperate

Not as bed as me. I always try doing this on my console games, in  addition to all of the above

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »

And here, I thought the shift-< and shift-> were stupid, so I went in and did some key rebindings.

In fortress mode, they're 5 and 0 on the numpad, which is right next to all the other "move the map/cursor" buttons.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69