Poll

Do you Play Pen and Paper Games?

Yes, I play PnP
- 59 (67%)
No, I don't
- 29 (33%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Space PnP (Partial release)  (Read 31276 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some general numbers...
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »

What about
Web Grenades-Obvious
Sleep Grenades-Obvious
Incineration Grenades-Basically, melts you

bottom two fall under gas grenades, so those are in.
As for the web grenade... it wouldn't really fit with the setting

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »

Do you have a grenade that releases a deadly hemorrhagic fever virus in aerosol form? Like Marburg, or Ebola?

Toxin grenade.

Oh, i've been meaning to ask, What is up with all the penguin avatars? they're everywhere.

Also, no more grenade suggestions. I now have 12+ grenade types

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2009, 06:30:11 pm »

12 types? Awesome, can we get a list?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »

12+.

So maybe 15?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »

Maybe later, I'm a bit tired.

Also, most of these grenades also come in rocket form as well. Have fun blowin yourselves up :P

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2009, 06:56:29 pm »

Okay, Grenade types

Frag (basic, you all know what it does)
Flash (Blind somebody, hopefully not yoursef)
Smoke (provides cover and concealment)
High Explosive (bigger boom)
Nail (Now THEY menace with spikes of steel!)
Toxin (varies, depending on whats in it)
Gas (also varies, but less lethal, more finesse)
Plasma (don't use it, it will likely kill you)
Impact (send everyone flying)
Inferno (fry everyone!)

and I can't remember the rest. I've got to work on that school project again as the professor wants everyone to do a re-written version.... Fuck.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:48 pm »

Since I won't be able to work on the game for about another week or so, I figured I might as well talk about the two project I'll be doing once this one is finished.

First one after the current game is completed:
Isle's of Aranak (Medeival Fantasy): Takes place in the world of Aranak. A world of several large Island/continents and many smaller islands. There is a great amount of tension in the worlds politics due to the usurping of a country's throne by the religious patriarch of the country's monotheist religion. This new religios state is highly belligerent and intolerent to the already rare magical persons of the world. Several othe countries exist and are in opposition to this new state, but the situation is very tense.

Amusingly, the new states god is part of a groups of gods and is highly agressive and unfriendly, yet one of the least powerful.

Humans will be present, but about five original species will be introduced. Many of the monsters will be new and hopefully scare the shit out of you :P

The project after this will be:
After The End (Post Apocalyptic): Takes place on a planet I have not yet named. The people of the planet had destroyed their civilization through a chaotic war using all manner of biological and mechanical weaponry. Due to the use of these weapons the planet has gone through a period of rapid climate change, and the planets animals have almost all died out. The remaining life has been replaced by the myriad of bio-organisms that were used in the war. The survivors live in terror of these creatures and of other factions that live in the world all while seeking out greatly needed resources (most water is contaminated by enginereed bacteria and the food is mostly poisoned). Interestingly, most gear that is bought is very poor (spears, crossbows, etc..). more modern equipement has to be found, and the more futuristic stuff is only found in the deepest ruins and in secret bunkers.

Any comments?
And which one should I do First?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:04:48 pm by moghopper »

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »

Some good news!

I'm about done with that project and am about 3 days away from the end of classes, so I'll be working full force on this game soon enough.

Plus as a little bonus I'll give you a sneak peak of one of the Aliens you may encounter during play. The numbers won't mean much to you yet, but trust me, this thing isn't friendly OR easy to kill.

Flenser
Str: 4   En: 2   Ag: 7   Int: 2   Psych: 5   At:3  Ms: 4   Rs: -
Traits: Fleet of Foot (+2 movement)
Hp: 6
Movement: 9
Melee Hit on: 3+
Melee Damage: 1D6-1   Melee Armor Penetration: 5
Damage Reduction: 1
Skills: Hide 4 (+3) Sneak: 5(+3) Jump 2 (+2) Climb 3 (+2) Swim: 1 (+2) Notice (5+1)
Special Abilties: 1) Can switch from reversed legs to bipedal legs at will
2) Add +1 to all criticals caused by this creatures claws

Description: These creatures are unknown to anyone who wasn't on the ill-fated prospecting mission to the moon of *CENSURED*. The unfortunate prospectors had stumbled onto a system of caves just a few yards from their landing site and began exploring the tunnels in search of possible mineral deposits. They never knew that from the moment they landed on the planet, they were being followed. They never saw the assailants that tore them apart with knife like claws and devoured their corpses. All thirty prospectors were dead in under a minute. The only evidence of their existence was a remote video recording that the prospectors took while they were in the cave. This video was transmitted remotely to observer's ship in high orbit. What the video showed them was horrifying. Ruddy brown skinned, hairless creatures with seemingly caved in chests and claws as long as a kitchen knife climbing on the walls and ceilings with their reversed legs just out of the prospectors view, then butchering them in almost near complete silence. What disturbed the crew of the ship the most however, were the creatures gray and lifeless eyes. After returning to Colonial space, military officals had the crew executed and the videos taken to more secure areas. Better the public not know of these things, and maybe they could be put to more... useful purposes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:16:04 pm by moghopper »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2009, 03:35:22 pm »

Some good news!

I'm about done with that project and am about 3 days away from the end of classes, so I'll be working full force on this game soon enough.

Plus as a little bonus I'll give you a sneak peak of one of the Aliens you may encounter during play. The numbers won't mean much to you yet, but trust me, this thing isn't friendly OR easy to kill.

Flenser
Str: 4   En: 2   Ag: 7   Int: 2   Psych: 5   At:3  Ms: 4   Rs: -
Traits: Fleet of Foot (+2 movement)
Hp: 6
Movement: 9
Melee Hit on: 3+
Melee Damage: 1D6-1   Melee Armor Penetration: 5
Damage Reduction: 1
Skills: Hide 4 (+3) Sneak: 5(+3) Jump 2 (+2) Climb 3 (+2) Swim: 1 (+2) Notice (5+1)
Special Abilties: 1) Can switch from reversed legs to bipedal legs at will
2) Add +1 to all criticals caused by this creatures claws

Description: These creatures are unknown to anyone who wasn't on the ill-fated prospecting mission to the moon of *CENSURED*. The unfortunate prospectors had stumbled onto a system of caves just a few yards from their landing site and began exploring the tunnels in search of possible mineral deposits. They never knew that from the moment they landed on the planet, they were being followed. They never saw the assailants that tore them apart with knife like claws and devoured their corpses. All thirty prospectors were dead in under a minute. The only evidence of their existence was a remote video recording that the prospectors took while they were in the cave. This video was transmitted remotely to observer's ship in high orbit. What the video showed them was horrifying. Ruddy brown skinned, hairless creatures with seemingly caved in chests and claws as long as a kitchen knife climbing on the walls and ceilings with their reversed legs just out of the prospectors view, then butchering them in almost near complete silence. What disturbed the crew of the ship the most however, were the creatures gray and lifeless eyes. After returning to Colonial space, military officals had the crew executed and the videos taken to more secure areas. Better the public not know of these things, and maybe they could be put to more... useful purposes.

Well.
Str is probably strength
En is probably Endurance
Ag=Agility
Int=Intelligence
Psych=Pyschich Power(?)
At=Attack
Ms=(?)
Rs=Resistance

Hm...
Reminds me of DND, only this will probably be better.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2009, 03:49:15 pm »

Well.
Str is probably strength
En is probably Endurance
Ag=Agility
Int=Intelligence
Psych=Pyschich Power(?)
At=Attack
Ms=(?)
Rs=Resistance

Hm...
Reminds me of DND, only this will probably be better.

Actually....
Pych= Psyche  as in how likely something is to be scared and how it behaves
At= # of attacks per round
Ms= Melee Skill
Rs= Ranged Skill

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:39:59 pm by moghopper »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:30 pm »

Okay.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:35 pm »

Okay.

Any feedback on the creature?

And what the HELL is with all these penguin avatars!? they freak me right out. :'(

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2009, 04:44:32 pm »

Okay.

And what the HELL is with all these penguin avatars!? they freak me right out. :'(

Will no one ever answer my questions about those !#@%ing penguins? every time I ask i get ignored >:(

Also, how do you change the thread title?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »

You modify the first post and rewrite the subject line.

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2009, 05:19:39 pm »

Okay.

Will no one ever answer my questions about those !#@%ing penguins? every time I ask i get ignored >:(

Also, how do you change the thread title?

Two things...

1. I just read through this entire thread in 30 minutes, and have decided that if no one ever took that sixth slot, I would like to join for testing your game.

2. I shall take mercy on you: The penguins were made by Inaluct, God-Emperor of the once great nation of VN, that, due to massive radiation caused by the Yuri-lolcat war, had to be sealed off, and cut away from the rest of the planet of Bay 12 forums... Basically, everyone in the Various Nonsense subforum had a penguin made for them by Inaluct, some still use them, and he made a joke thread about a declaration of independence in there which resulted in about 30 different ministries being formed over the course of a month. Then, epople went crazy with lolcats, and yuri (You might not wanna google that if you don't already know what it is, you can just take a look) and Toady locked everyone from posting in the VN, until such a time he has made a decision about its future. This locking happened just days ago actually.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26