Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Dangerous Wilds Mod  (Read 21013 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous Wilds Mod
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:54 am »

Nice to know my mod has some fans! I like the copper golems because they are so much better then war dogs and wargs, (if more expensive). In my next update, I'm thinking of adding some more domestic creatures, perhaps making some more [EVIL] entity specific ones, or making some [GOOD] specific ones. I'm thinking the only way the high elves could be any more horrifying to face would be if they invade while riding unicorns or pegasi. Out of curiosity, I was wondering what were people's favorite factions to play as, and if they would like me to make any others playable/add additional entities.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 08:02:28 pm »

No such thing as too many types of animals.  Im loading up a fort with the latest version now.  Ill probably give the troglodytes a crack later on and let you know how things go.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Hakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 02:49:44 am »

Why do I like this mod so much?

Why?

It's seriously up there with kobold kamp.

Holy shit I love it.

In that case, combine them! :P
A dwarf's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.
Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet"

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:51 am »

hmmm, started a new game and im seeing the same thing, pig leather coat weighing 718238 dwarf pounds.  Its a totaly new install (df unzipped into clean folder, then newest version of mod added in) and new world gen.  looking around ive also found a giant slug leather bag that weighs 1436532 dwarf pounds (its full of staghorn spawn but they are normal weight, 5 dwarf lbs each).  Is anybody else seeing this in game or do the dwarf gods just hate me?

sorry I cant be of more help in finding the problem but my df modding experiance is currently hovering at the 0 level.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 12:37:08 pm »

Hmmm...looks like I'll have to delete and remake the pigs from scrap. Probably want to purge the sheep too while I'm at it, because their leather is weighing 1lb for some reason.  ??? Expect an update in ~4hours. I'll be adding a few things: adding pole slings for the troglodytes, removing their shields, consider adding wendigos, jackalopes, giant bumble bees, llamas, man-eating trees, grizzly bear men, grendelkin, orthus, lamias, and sphinxes.  Might add some more plants that are edible raw, for the sake of the survival of the troglodytes. Asside from that, most of the updates will probably be minor, adding gender specific names to certain species (unicorn stallion, tarpan mare, etc), tweaking the entity raws, allowing troglodytes to eat bones, etc.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 04:01:09 pm »

Version 0.60 released! I remade the pigs and deleted the sheep, so there should be no more problems with them. Polar bearmen and grizzly bearmen can now open doors, grendelkin, and wendigos have been added, as well as ya-te-veo (man-eating tree), jackalopes, giant bumblebees, and orthus (two-headed evil dog). not sure why your slug leather is functioning oddly jester, I've never had that happen before, but sheep leather and pig leather were repeat offenders, so they had to go. Hopefully the new pig will function properly. The original pig/sheep were animals that were posted and I copied and pasted, so it's possible that something got messed up in transition, but the giant slug was original, so I have no idea how it could have messed up leather too... If anyone else besides jester has been experiencing this problem with the giant slug's leather, or with any other type of leather, please inform me so that I might fix it. had to do a quick fix to make sure that giant bumblebees will fly, also fixed a body tag that was messing with the grizzly bearmen. latest version is now 0.61. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:25:37 pm by catoblepas »

Urist McDetective

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why is an Enfield more common than a Sirrush?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 08:17:05 am »

I'm curious enough to try it some time soon. :) I think your choice of creature names is interesting.
You might want to check your descriptions for duplicate entries; first thing I noticed was two seperate & different descriptions for silkworms.
One is between sligs & squids, the other between jackalopes & hellbenders. Is it a bug? (ha)

Should they be (Type A) Silkworms & (Type B) Silkworms? (much as I dislike that naming convention)
WELCOME TO FUCKING BAY12!
 - not only do they have the weapons, they also have the Fortresses -
I have noticed a rather mixed reaction with microcline, but what do people think of olivine?
Oh I love olivine.  I think dark green furniture makes the fortress tasteful.
Wait, what?

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 01:28:48 pm »

Oops. only one kind of silkworm in game, sorry. I must have forgotten that I already had a silkworm entry when I put the second one in.

Urist McDetective

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:29 pm »

I'm having some problems running the mod; I'm trying to use the Dark Elf version. It's coming up with some wierd stuff ... cave crocodiles as a civ neighbor in embark & every worldgen either gives me goblins or gnomes to play as.
Quote from: error log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any idea what I did wrong?
WELCOME TO FUCKING BAY12!
 - not only do they have the weapons, they also have the Fortresses -
I have noticed a rather mixed reaction with microcline, but what do people think of olivine?
Oh I love olivine.  I think dark green furniture makes the fortress tasteful.
Wait, what?

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 01:13:46 am »

Did you replace the objects file with the one from the download folder? There should not be any error messages at all in any of the versions, except 0.60, which was up for about all of four minutes before 0.61 came out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:15:36 am by catoblepas »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 03:41:54 am »

I want to congratulate you, Catoblepas (what a strange name?) :).
At first, when I saw all these words from text files over two pages I asked myself: what is this man doing?!
And now you have a quite stable and interesting mod. You didn't do something really unique, parts of this mod were done here and there, but still it's a good variety and has it's unique features, so I am glad you did it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 06:30:14 am »

I'd like to see some more exotic species. like kangaroos, and penguins.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »

Version 0.68 is out!
New creatures: Ostriches, penguins, demonic penguins, tyrant lizards (t-rex), lusca (giant octopus), corcotta (hyena creature), gulon (cat-badger), and llamas.
Aside from that, mostly just a bunch of tweaking of the various raw files, such as:
troglodytes have new equipment and can become millers, they also have more stable personalities. Also, normal short swords cannot be made out of obsidian/flint anymore, but serrated longswords and shortswords can now be made in such a way. Sugarcane and potatoes have been added, and fulgurite gems can now be found (rarely) in sandy environments. Catoblepi and enfields have been given more specific biomes, so they shouldn't be showing up on glaciers anymore.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 05:52:27 pm »

Just finished my most recent update. The most recent version of the mod is now 0.72. Another entity has been added: the anathemas, giant monstrous black insects. They are dwarf sized and are rather dangerous in a melee, as they can stun their victims with their bites, but lack ranged weaponry of any kind. three new metals have been added, but they are rather biome specific. (one requires ice to make, another requires sand, while the third requires a variety of desert-specific plant). Several new plants have been added as well, and the frostyam has been removed, since it never seemed to show up anyways. There are also two new megabeasts: the lindwurm, and the brass bull. Lindwurm is a two-legged serpent with a nasty poisonous bite, and the brass bull combines the best qualities of spirits of fire and the bronze colossus. the Krell are now a bit more cannonfodder-esqe and will no longer ally with anyone. Krell and anathema are no longer playable in adventure mode normally, although the anathema is enabled for the 'play now' feature. The gulon is now a common_domestic pet for evil entities, so the dark elves can embark with them, but dwarf players or troglodyte players will have to trade or capture some if they want them. Shells, turtle shells specifically, are more valuable overall now, and turtles no longer drop bones upon butchering. Also, more creatures have been added, such as lava-dwelling fire spiders, fishable cuttlefish, palatapi,  tentacle pods and cave shrimp. Changes to equipment have also been made, most importantly, wands have been removed and instead poleslings have been given runed ammo. Other new equipment: flanged maces, boarspears, and needle-toothed two handed swords. As always, input and suggestions are appreciated. Have fun!

bunsoth datannil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 06:14:50 pm »

you rock, I just had a run in with your Skeletal Grizzly Bearmen and one of them just punched the head clean off a !!Spirit of Fire!! and i was like  :o and then I  ;D
Bunsoth Datannil "The Godforsaken Iron Hammer"
"no one likes a flaming dwarf"
At points like this, I say listen to our dwarven forefathers and say "fuck the world, pull the lever".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11