Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Dangerous Wilds Mod  (Read 21015 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous Wilds Mod
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 01:53:43 pm »

Woah, considering the problems which appear when you try to copy-paste from the forums, isn't it easier just to pack the whole objects folder with winzip/winrar and put in on dffd?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 02:04:59 pm »

I tried doing that, and got the aforementioned error.

FoboslC

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 03:39:02 pm »

This is annoying. Would you please just compile it in single rar and post somewhere?
If you just cant figure how to use dffd, what are you doing here anyway?

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 03:48:27 pm »

Don't know why, but DFFD seems to hate me. It wouldn't let me upload files, so I just uploaded it to filefront. Here's the link:

http://files.filefront.com/objectszip/;13259483;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:51:02 pm by catoblepas »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:47:05 pm »

Yay filefront!  ;D
*Retarded smile*

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 06:35:06 pm »

My newest update Includes separate downloads for if you want Dwarves or Dark Elves as the controllable entity. Changes include removing uranium as a metal and making fossilized demon bone a mineral instead of a gem. Urustite now must be extracted from ore in the form of strands. Also tweaked the clothing/weapons/names that entities will use.

Thinking of adding next: (feel free to give input on my ideas)

Kiwi: cat-sized flightless bird.
Bearmen: Not sure what kind of bear they should be based off of, though.
Dwarf Elephants: Hannibal used these. Might be fun.
Cassowaries: Colorful birds from the pacific.
Condors: Big as a giant eagle, eats dead things. (bone eater)
Squid: Not sure if I should make them fishable vermin, or actual creatures. Might make several varieties.
Owls: A new kind of vermin, nocturnal, of course. Might lead to making owlmen.
Wasps/Bees: these could be fun. I'll probably give them the ability to stun with their bites. might make beemen/Waspmen too.

Might add these too, If someone wants me to:
Opossums: Ugly, nasty marsupials.
Porcupines: Quill-covered rodents.
Floating Eyeballs: Might be interesting vermin for [EVIL] biomes.
Crabs: for their shells, of course.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:36:51 pm by catoblepas »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 06:42:22 pm »

You don't have to remove the text from your posts...unless you really, really want to do so.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 06:45:58 pm »

Well, I didn't think it was necessary to have all that clutter, since I figured out how to upload files. I moved most of the information to the first post anyways.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 12:36:24 am »

just loaded up a new game, all looks good except for one of my miners who can barely move, check his inventory and he is wearing a pig leather coat that weighs 718238 dwarf pounds, wrong value in somewhere?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 03:22:35 am »

That certainly would be a problem... I went over the raws and can't seem to find anything that could be causing this, unless it is the result of omitting the swim speed for the pigs and sheep. In any case, I added swim speed to the pig and will test/fix/post update tomorrow. I really need to get some sleep now.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 09:20:59 am »

Is the coat decorated in any way?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 11:32:41 am »

nope its just a plain old embarking quality pig leather coat, no one seems to want to dump it, i have dump zones and have it selected for dumping, no good.  This Poor las Fikos is staggering about at a snails pace, the other miner I embarked with is already skilled and Fikos is still dabbling, they both started at untrained. 
  I might have to make her sherrif

If life gives you lemons, burn them.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 07:14:36 pm »

Ater fiddling around with the raws, I tested out the pig leather problem, and it was weight 1. Still not normal, but better then 718238. Couldn't seem to find the root of the problem, but I guess all my fiddling around fixed something. Anyways, dangerous wilds is up to version 0.55 now.

Changes:
Added cassowries, kiwi, owls, wasps, polarbear men,floating eyeballs and three kinds of squid. All fish can now be cooked raw, including muckworms snails, and squid. Several other additions include new plants weapons armor. Tweaked several of the starting entities, giving the Krell their own language, but for now, it still uses many goblin words. Also, dark elven breastplates are now more effective then trashcan lids, and dwarves wear reinforced aprons instead of gambesons now and can use copper golems. Serrated weapons are also much more common as of the last update, and more effective, so watch out. If the pig leather problem persists, I might remove them/remake them.
Note that these updates will require a re-genned world in order to take effect.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 07:11:14 pm »

Dangerous Wilds V 0.58 released!

Most of the changes concern reactions and minerals/metals. It is now possible to make cloth out of just about any type of metal. Also, a new playable faction has been added to the game, troglodytes. They are similar to humans, but of a much lower tech level. You will have to rely heavily on imported armor and weapons if you want to have a chance of surviving. Also, they cannot mill, farm, milk, make glass, or use mechanisms, among other things. Do you have what it takes to survive as a band of hunter-gatherers? Try playing as troglodytes. Other changes include changes to the types of toys available to each civilization, along with some name changes, and the addition of new weapons that might pop up as artifacts. (who can say no to a woven umbral brass strand long sword?). The high elves have been reworked to be less similar to the humans, now they are somewhat roman themed, and use new weapons. They no longer use sabers, rapiers, wands, and bastard swords, instead, they now have runed-swords and fan-bladed great axes. Daggers have been completely removed from the game, so If you find a weapon, you can use it. (unless it is a bugbear-sized weapon weapon).

if anyone has any requests or suggestions for the next version, please, by all means, share them! Next update will include any requests made, further fine tuning of features, as well as reparation of any bugs that might emerge.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »

Why do I like this mod so much?

Why?

It's seriously up there with kobold kamp.

Holy shit I love it.

EditEdit: I'm an idiot, nevermind.
EDITEDITEDIT: Holy. This is easily the best thing that's happened since carp biscuits with elf stew.
EDITEDITEDITEDIT: GOLEMS AS PETS. THIS IS MY 7TH BIRTHDAY PARTY ALL OVER AGAIN ;_;TEARS DE JOY
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:14:42 pm by Im_Sparks »
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11