Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Dangerous Wilds Mod  (Read 21020 times)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous Wilds Mod
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2009, 03:35:44 pm »

Graphics are pretty simple to implement as it's a pretty similar set up to the objects you've already been working with.

Hoever many txt files you want can go into the graphics folder and they look for an image file starting in that directory (the game comes with a folder for images to encourage organization.)

Image handling:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assigning tiles:

My personal preference:

Professions/types info:

Wildlife

Edit: ok, I think that's everything- did I explain it all clearly enough?

Also: I can't produce pixel art of an at all satisfactory quality but I'd have zero difficulty putting things together the way I mentioned and I can probably do a passable job of color editing so in the case of graphics that fit an easy format and who's authors don't mind alterations to their work I could supply some of the graphics for this, particularly in the case of stuff that's similar to what was already in the game.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:33:22 am by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2009, 05:06:41 am »

Troglodytes:... They do not send traders out into the world, instead living out in isolated pockets, living hand to mouth.

They're sending me caravans every season. Did I mess up the install?

Also, I'm getting the weight bug with slig leather.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:15:03 pm by Walliard »
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2009, 11:36:12 pm »

In the Darkelf vesion at least, there is no ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_HIGH in the item_shoes.txt, but it's in some of the entities and the tag is missing a colon in the hobgoblins.  I'm guessing you just want ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS instead.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:56 am »

Sligs aren't in the newest version, you shouldn't be getting them unless you incorrectly installed the mod, remember, the objects file in the download should replace the old one. Trogs also don't have any active seasons any more so there should be no trading from them, it worked during testing, at least. There should be three types of boot, I guess I must have accidentally deleated something at some point and forgotten about it....I guess I have a few more things to fix, then.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2009, 12:37:36 am »

Hmm, I think I have an older version then. I downloaded it a week or so ago and only just started playing.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:24 am »

Yeah, but apparently the current version isn't flawless either, I'll have all the bugs worked out by tomorrow though.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »

I'm not so how current a version I'm running but I started up a fort and pretty quickly noticed all my underground river creatures had shown up on the deceased list-
Edit: though I couldn't find their bones anywhere once I found the river so maybe they died falling down the pit it dropped into.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:06 pm »

Yeah, that's 'normal'. Creatures in underground rivers have a tendency to swim off of waterfalls, probably something that will be fixed when toady comes out with the next version.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2009, 03:38:30 pm »

One of my nobles likes elemental wrath -_- and keeps requesting it. Yea. I'm going to get rid of her. We're building the lever attacked to weapon traps chamber now. (And probably a few other fun places if that doesn't work.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2009, 03:43:17 pm »

Wow, and here I was thinking it couldn't get any worse than a baron who constantly requested royal galvorn....ouch. you should build a smelter in her bedroom....karmic death.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2009, 03:44:23 pm »

Nah, she got impaled on some spikes. And her mandates have now ended. I got one of her babies too, not sure if that's a plus or minus. First time i've ever gotten with the baby killing on DF.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2009, 11:58:01 pm »

Version 0.77 is up. A few small, but noticeable changes have been made. All of the reported problems have been fixed, the balista-esque trap component has been removed, but i felt a little guilty about it, so I added new trap components for dwarves and dark-elves: Dark elves now get claw-tipped spikes (AKA giant eggbeaters) and giant syringes, which are weaker than normal menacing spikes, but have a MUCH higher critical chance. Dwarves now have giant clenched fists and organ augers which can swing out of the walls and do horrible, horrible things to their enemies. I also added three new monsters; ghouls, kelpies, and black wyverns. I also added in a new type of metal and a new type of shield and sword available to the truly sadistic players. A new related plant type, armok thistle now is hands down the most expensive food item, even more so than dwarven truffles. Other minor changes, you'll likely notice for yourself.

ratskeller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:09 pm »

I must say this mod is amazing. The first fortress I started struck large veins of voidstone and gold, and subsequently got very rich. Unusually no migrants came for the whole time I was playing, even though the fortress was carved into marble with a royal dining room. On spring of the second year I was horrified to see White Lizardmen marching down the cliffs at me. I activated my starting seven and prepared for the carnage.

Luckily one of the trade wagons from the mountainhomes hadnt left (I dont know why) and the two guards took down 3 lizardmen. I got one more at the price of three dwarves. The lizardmen retreated to lick their wounds while I attempted to build coffins for the lost. I had to abandon when my mason when crazy, killed my miner and eventually got beaten to death by my metalsmith at the lip of a bottomless hole. Epic.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2009, 07:54:22 am »

Oddly enough my first dead dwarf in the latest version was delivered by some regular old ogres I wasn't paying enough attention to T_T

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2009, 11:29:07 am »

I agree Rat. I'm on a glacier that's apparently has many rich sedimentary layers under the ice? Can you say lignite/bit coal? I can literally plan my industry around assuming I can go and strike another vein if I run low (right now I planned ahead and dug up 4 or 5. I also embarked so the very left hand corner of my map has an aquafier layer. So i'm supplied with underground non freezing water :)

And not only have those terror team of five become immortal by experience, There's another squad of 8 that are nearly the same way. Used to be 9, but apparently one guy's shield-fu wasn't enough to save him from a squad of crossbow-wielders. I'm still thinking on just a core game level shields might be a little too good, since legendary shield user +5 makes you immune to like all attacks. The only thing that's recently done even the slightest damage (light grey) to one of the terror 5 besides sparring... was a modded brass bull (I always jack up the size on my megabeasts). And it was promptly torn to pieces in a minute :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11