Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: PTTGV5 : Transparent Tileset! [40d1+] Final Version!  (Read 16422 times)

suicidal_dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PTTGV5 : Transparent Tileset! [40d1+] Final Version!
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2009, 01:58:45 pm »

Woohoo, minimalism.
Scamps has adopted ToadyOne!
ToadyOne cancels work: Play with cat

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2009, 02:00:11 pm »

I'll try experimenting with new wall segments after I put together the Graphics Set- speaking of which, I'm going to limit this to Civ races (Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Kobolds, and Humans). Then I'll give each of them a few varieties for profession class- specifically, Baby, Civilian, Recruit, weapon-man, weapon-master, Noble, Blood Noble, Zombie, Skeleton. Though those last two no longer work, do they?
They still show up.  They're just rarer now than they used to be.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Nitrousoxide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PTTGV5 : Transparent Tileset! [40d1+]
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2009, 11:39:14 am »

I changed the walls, since otherwise they would look like this, which I think looks terrible. Just a mass of white, blech:

And the barrels mentioned eariler:

Could you upload your modded art file?  I prefer yours to the OP.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2009, 12:58:04 pm »

All the hard work courtesy of PTTG, and inspiration for the walls came from Dortens set.

This is what I have now. I haven't noticed any problems with it, but I'm still playing around with it.
I changed:
*The walls
*The river tiles
*Tables + chairs
*Floor tile

Anything else was inadvertent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/aStaleFart/PTTGV5Moddedmarch17.png

Nitrousoxide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2009, 07:42:30 pm »

Thanks a bunch.  I ended up combining a bunch of the stuff you changed along with the OP's stuff and Mayday's stuff all into one nice package.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2009, 08:06:57 pm »

Thanks a bunch.  I ended up combining a bunch of the stuff you changed along with the OP's stuff and Mayday's stuff all into one nice package.

It looks nice, but shouldn't that graphics tileset have its own thread rather than being on the graphic/ASCII hybrid tileset's thread?  Granted, you should give credit where it is due, but this is the wrong place for it.  There are a lot of ASCII and graphics set out there, but not many hybrids. 
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2009, 10:45:08 am »

It's a standard tileset- not a graphics set. A graphics set applies to creatures and is a separate beast altogether. You're welcome to use my tileset for parts, of course. Please just include my name in the credits.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nitrousoxide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2009, 01:13:46 pm »

Of course.  I gave you (and Sinergistic and Mayday) credit for all the stuff that went in my compilation of them in the tileset.  That's kinda the whole point of the last post I made.

I'm not sure why exactly Legolord was getting upset about that.  It's not like I was posting a separate image set for dwarfs or animals.  I was just making changes to the tileset as originally posted in this topic.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2009, 06:29:19 pm »

I don't know, it just struck me as . . . something we shouldn't do.  No great offense of course, just a sort of courtesy thing.  Like McDonalds not putting an ad on the side of BK.

Sorry, it just weirded me out a bit.
Just so I remember

suicidal_dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:50 pm »

So is PTTG going to make a super-awesome-graphical tileset? ETA?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »

Very gradually... I've been "working" on it for months and I made a few humans.
Your enthusiasm is inspiring, but keep in mind I'm only going to make a few forms each of the civ races. I'm used to letter animals for now.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

suicidal_dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »

No problem. I like the minimalistic style, only need a little differentiation between different dwarves now :D.

diriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 03:15:11 pm »

A graphical 16x16 square @ 1280x1024 setup would be truly awesome! I run a mixup of Mayday and Dorten currently. As for animals, i'm neutral on those being graphical or a letter. Don't really care one way or the other really. Now the Civ Races I honestly prefer full graphic's for. I also really like the Lever's in the Mayday set. For me those are immediately easy to discern the status of. I admit your current hybrid is nice. My biggest "gripe" if you will is that I have become accustomed to the 16x16 square tile set.
Either way, really nice work so for sir!

Edit: Yes I am fairly new to DF. Love this game! SO much to read and try to understand. A heck of a lot to take in all at once! So if the above post is total newb feel free to tell me about it  ;) Currently I have been focused on learning howto make my first "super fort", so there is a lot of stuff I have somewhat skipped over. Including the finer points of Tile Sets and Graphics Sets really. I just stumbled on Mayday one day, then stumbled on a fort that had 45 angled walls and just had to try to figure something like that out for my first try at a super fort ;) Then I stumbled on this thread and that threw me yet another curve ball! Really liking this community dynamic.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:30:07 pm by diriel »

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 07:53:54 pm »

I dunno, people get wedded to their frequently WRONG or otherwise OUTDATED notions.. this community is (imnsho) EXTREMELY insular and there is EXCESSIVE accumulated cruft that must be recognized and dealt with...

Just some rambling...pls ingore me thx....

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2009, 02:57:31 am »

Just some rambling...pls ingore me thx....

If you find yourself writing this, let it serve as a reminder not to press that Post button.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7