Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What kind of epic can you imagine in the potential of the coming release?  (Read 7822 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of epic can you imagine in the potential of the coming release?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 08:08:44 pm »

omfg awesome, simultaneous deathtrap/super efficient dwarven liquidation??? how could anything top that?

anyway, dragons seek revenge on fort baalzbuster, so  they band together and flame the countryside

closer and closer they march, arrows embedding themselves in newly-created orifices on the front of the dragons bodies.

dwarves run out to attack in melee, yet the dragons swipe and burn the path through the fortress, leveling both roads and dwarves. They knock over dwarves for disembowlment. The Dragons then flame the dwarves through liberal application of firebreath, from the both the enclosed walls, and deep deep in the bowels of the fotress.

thus liberated, the dragons proceed to defacate upon the murals, piss on the walls and hoard every dwarven artifact and masterpiece in the entire fortress.

in an unfortunate circumstance, the dragons near the booze accidentally set off the toxic fumes, destroying the entire inside of the fortress, along with all its now devalued furniture,with a fire so hot that nearby magma flows like superheated water.

this magma, expanded due to increased heat, overflows its level containment, and destroys the obligatory lava-controll lever, releasing redhot magma to fill the fotress, forever removing fort baalzbuster from the map.

tell me what you think.(good, bad, hard to read)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 08:40:19 pm »

totally awesome, but a little hard to read
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Archaeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Predator Angrinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 11:23:11 pm »

It's based in an old game I played back in the 90's, but I'm still enthralled by the imagery. 

Imagine wandering through Adventure Mode, or Dwarf Mode, to wander into a blighted and poisoned land?  Where the very soil bleeds red?

And then you realize why.

An entire city constructed out of now rusting Iron.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 11:37:53 am »

Goblins, using their new seige AI, overcome a moat guarding a dwarven fortress.  The few crossbowdwarves and small catapult firing from fortifications prove ineffective at repelling them and the goblins enter the fortress.

The main entrance of the fortress appears to be a large wood stockpile. Bolstered by their apperant entry into the civilian areas of the fortress they rush ahead, only to encounter a caged fire imp.  The cage falls away when they get near and when the goblins prepare to face the minor threat another cage falls on the imp, trapping it again.

Puzzled by this the goblins fail to notice the wood stockpile is now on fire until they smell the smoke.  Many die in the flames, but some manage to escape back outside.  They notice that the bridge they built to cross the moat has been destroyed by the catapult, and that wood has been strategically placed to allow the fire from the stockpile to spread to the grass between the fort and the moat...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »

nobles get happiness from completed mandates based on the value of the items created to fill the mandate a silver flask or a ***Silver flask*** or an artefact silver flask would make the noble happy for different lengths of time with the artefact flask perhaps so filling the noble's desire for silver flasks that the noble will never mandate another silver flask. happyiness of insane levels from getting artefact that happen to fill a mandate might cause the noble to pardon criminals from previous unfilled mandates. Some lucky fortress has a baron that has artefact fills on everything the baron liked to mandate, and the player goes to extra effort to keep his baron happy healthy and in office.

(Toady is updating the nobles it has not been done yet and this would be a very dwarven thing and would encourage players to try to ensure high quality on the mandate fills so there will be fewer mandates to fill ... estatic nobles do not make mandates, they're too happy)

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 03:25:59 pm »

nobles get happiness from completed mandates based on the value of the items created to fill the mandate a silver flask or a ***Silver flask*** or an artefact silver flask would make the noble happy for different lengths of time with the artefact flask perhaps so filling the noble's desire for silver flasks that the noble will never mandate another silver flask. happyiness of insane levels from getting artefact that happen to fill a mandate might cause the noble to pardon criminals from previous unfilled mandates. Some lucky fortress has a baron that has artefact fills on everything the baron liked to mandate, and the player goes to extra effort to keep his baron happy healthy and in office.

(Toady is updating the nobles it has not been done yet and this would be a very dwarven thing and would encourage players to try to ensure high quality on the mandate fills so there will be fewer mandates to fill ... estatic nobles do not make mandates, they're too happy)

What I would really love is if instead of mandates to make a couple items you'll never use, if mandates resulted in items like these.

Some kind of artifact relating to the preferences of the noble. Of course, unlike an artifact it would have different quality levels depending on the artisans that worked on it.

FoboslC

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »

Acid. Poisons. Liquid acid and liquid poisons. Torture worshop. Torture profession. Poisons. Acid.Even more poisons and acid. Oil. Oil bombs. Acid bombs. Beign able to shove an oil bomb in elf ass then rig it off.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 04:10:01 pm »

The Kobold wiped the sweat off it's brow, thinking how lucky it had been. The dwarf had decided to wrestle it. It pulled off the giant scorpion armor and was in the process of ripping off his own arm to strangle him with it when it made the mistake. The dwarf bit him. His arm was broken in several places, and hurt a bit, but the kobold would live. He put back on his armor and picked up his copper dagger, grinning at the stupid dwarf with pure malice. "Jreengus" it giggled at the dwarf. Jreengus was the Kobold sound for bad digestion, as well as the poison secreted in the sweat of Kobolds. The Kobold yipped out a laugh as it skewered the dwarf with it's copper dagger through the heart. It bent down and picked up the dwarven artifact toy boat. It was the Kobold's lucky day! Surely the mate it wanted would choose it if it had such a worthy trinket!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 04:17:02 pm »

Goblins, using their new seige AI,

Sorry if you know this already, but in case you don't, the next release won't have new siege AI.

Larington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 07:48:29 pm »

What I would really love is if instead of mandates to make a couple items you'll never use, if mandates resulted in items like these.

"The eggs are made of precious metals or hard stones decorated with combinations of enamel and gem stones."

Needs more "menaces with spikes of turtle shell".  :P
Larington cancels doing University Assignments: Gone INSANE.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:36 pm »

I forgot if I mentioned this, but;

Alchemy shop open for reaction modding, IIRC.

With the new materials, poisons, and all other sorts of horror... this makes me happy.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 08:36:37 pm »

Give dwarves an attack that makes them shoot flaming plump helmet from their beards.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »

Making it so that when my minifigures over-exert themselves, they sweat toxic plastic dust (from friction).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:49 am »

Rivers and rains of blood, tar pits.
Oh, and lots more heavy-metal album art style monsters in terrifying biomes. They aren't all that terrifying at the moment.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 07:28:18 am »

Rivers and rains of blood, tar pits.

I apologize to everyone for saying this like a broken record, but there will NOT be new liquid flows in the next version.  Just lots more liquid spatters and gaseous flows.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5