Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: (Succession Game) The Outpost of alehouse.  (Read 6070 times)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: (Succession Game) The Outpost of alehouse.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 07:01:12 am »

fine. you are in. since woose did not actually read the instructions and posted "put me in" after we were full he is out.

EDIT: due to my boredom i've been wanting to create another succesion game maybe we can make it inside of this one! that means you'l get double the amount of turns and half the waiting time! to integrate it with this story we could make it the city that sends out the caravan yearly. i'l need at least 2 more ppl to say yes on this so i can start. feel free to throw in suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:11:34 pm by sava2004 »
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:43 pm »

Just wondering, did any of the biomes have granite in them? Granite contains tin, and I have copper... lots of copper...

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2009, 02:18:16 am »

make it the city that sends out the caravan yearly.
That right there is an interesting idea for sure.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 11:06:09 am »

i'm pretty sure that the map does NOT have granite in it. btw, how close are you to finishing your turn?

yay. someone said yes! unfortunately my hardrive crashed and i lost all my saves. i just reinstalled DF so everything should be fine now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:12:09 am by sava2004 »

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 12:41:30 pm »

I'm at Early Autumn. I'm slowed by the fact that I have lots of homework, and a community fortress (using an awesome tileset), but I will finish.

I just have to deal with a double-ambush first.

Which I just got injured in. But at least there are no more CrossbowGoblins.

Edit: Why is the lever to the bridges outside? Now I have to send my military to fight the other pack of goblins, injuries and all.
... or not. Looks like the goblins fled.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:46:26 pm by Vieto »

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:23 pm »

-spring-
I was sent to Alehouse, a small fortress, by the king to lead it for a year. Normally, I reach a for and find it a nice place, with a good military. Not so. This place has no mechanisms, no traps, no walls, no soldiers, no justice system… I can hardly believe it! The first thing I ordered was the construction of walls. When the spring immigrants come, I’m going to enlist most of them! This is unacceptable! I’ve also designated one of the farmers to begin making mechanisms so at least we can defend ourselves should goblins raid.
---
I’ve discovered that there is no metal industry either.  I’m beginning to wonder what the previous leaders were thinking, leaving this place so undefended! Also, I take back my earlier accusation of no mechanic workshop, as I saw one. Why are all the workshops so spread out and hard to find?
---
The Elves have arrived. At least this fortress can catch a few kobalds. Although the caravan ended up only having cloth. Stupid elves. Also, I’m moving the kennels inside so I can build the furnaces near the metal. Great forges can be made later, but A jump start won’t hurt.
---
And now I go ask the Mayor of this place when the jobs will be approved. He says we don’t have a manager. Needless to say, I’m picking someone to do so. Also, I have noticed how fast people are at getting things done. I’m impressed.
---
I’ve begun some shaft mining. When I get immigrants, I’m going to divide them into 3 groups: masonry/mechanics, metalsmiths, military.
---
The Dungeon master has arrived! We also got a seige operator, a herbalist a atone crafter, a wood crafter, a tanner, a wood burner, 2 peasants, a ranger, a clother, a potash maker, a glass maker, a dyer, a fish cleaner, a mason, an armourer, and a gem cutter. I’m beginning to teach them how to fight, starting with wrestling until we have steel. I also want full steel platemail made! The Ranger is practicing with his crossbow in the new archery range, should we need to rid ourselves of goblins. The Dungeon master is also a good aid in my metalurgical cause, due to his metalsmoth skills.
-summer-
The Mayor ended the ban on bolt exports. Also, While I was training with the new recruits, I was told a human caravan had arrived. I instructed them to bring the mayor to the depot. Speaking of which, the mayor was re-elected, and demanded we make some bolts. Since we were already making hundreds, I saw no issue with this.
---
I’m beginning to transition into my new room. It’s near the entrance gate, so I can fight in ambushes. Also, Our alcohol supplies are running low. Maybe we shouldn’t have used all that wood as fuel for our forges… ah well.
---
After some meetings with the Human Liaison, we found that they want toys next year. I’ve asked the mayor to do this year now. I have sparring to do.

And what do you know, he takes a break after the meeting, when the merchants threaten to leave! I let anyone trade. Thankfully, the mystery dwarf was a skilled trader. Now I have enough wood to restart the charcoal making. He also got a maul and a crossbow.
---
I’ve discovered that we don’t have a loom. I plan to change this, so our clothing industry stays up to snuff.
---
I’ve been talking with the Mayor, and I’m relieving her of her duties of job manager to a peasant, Sigun. Maybe things will be accomplished outside of the Mayor’s busy schedule. I should probably mention that I haven’t touched the food industry once. I probably should check on it…

… I should probably get some alcohol made here. Also, I see we have tonnes of copper, and no tin. I did some research, and found that tin occurs in granite. Unfortunately, the exploratory mining we did turned our no granite, only slate and Diorite. Unless I am not informed about other biomes in the area
---
After much practice, I have become legendary at wrestling.  I sure hope we get some steel soon, so steel armour and weapons can be forged, and I can practice with a good hammer. Make that a very good hammer.
---
No summer immigrants were attracted this season. A pity.
-Fall-
I’ve furnished a few more bedrooms. My rooms are finished, except for a few statues, and I intend to make my rooms have natural lighting.
---
I’ve ordered the engraving of the dining hall. I figure many engravings make for happy dwarves.
---
Udil, one of our herbalists, has become possessed. Personally, I have no belief in this possessed stuff, but lets see what comes of it.
---
The Dwarven Caravan has arrived. Also, Udil has taken a craftsdwarf shop. I hope she doesn’t need shells. In any case, I go to give the caravans our bins… and someone put the artifact instruments in them!!! I was furious!
---
Ibmatbukog, a limestone bracelet, has been made today.

---
The grand Masoleum I had dug out for me was almost my resting place, as a small area of rock collapsed on me. Fortunately, I was only stunned.
---
An Ambush! Curse them! Also, curse the retractable bridges for being retractable, and not raised. I will have to change this, as it is a hazard for the single bowmen accompanying them. I have a crossbowdwarf with me, however, so that should even things out.
---
Well, They are hiding in exterior mines, and have killed a couple of miners, but won’t head to our fort, as we have no decoy. WHY DON’T WE HAVE A DECOY ANIMAL? This sucks, because they won’t go to the marksdwarf to get killed. I refuse to send men on a suicide mission (masks goblin). But I did capture one of them.
---
Me and my fellow wrestlers have taken some weapons lying around, and are preparing to charge at the goblins, who, until recently, were hiding in a mine north of the city. CHARGE!!!
---
I’ve sustained some injuries, a few serious ones to my hip and left hand, but otherwise, I’ll be alright. Also, who put the lever to the bridges OUTSIDE?
---
Luckily, the goblins fled. However, I now have the daunting task of updating the bridges, and covering the aboveground area with a floor, to make it a light but indoor area. That siege could have gone better. And no migrants… again…
---
I’m having the goblin cage put in my room. I want to be able to taunt it. Oh, my injury hurts.
---
The Mayor has organised a party, while I phase in and out of conscienceless. Obviously, I’m conscience at this moment.
---
Our booze stockpiles have tripled since I last checked. Such a pity I can’t practice with my hammer yet. Also, thelumberjacks still need to cut down some trees so that new windmill can be built… where the trees are.
---
One of our hunters got killed by a grizzly bear. I thought Goblins were my main concern. This bear also can’t be tamed if captured, because it has maimed a dwarf.
---
The mayor has banned bolt exports. I plan to export bolts, but not to merchants, but the chests of goblins.
---
One of the new drawbridges has been completed. Also, the lever has been moved to the well room. I want the dwarves to be completely safe in the event of an attack.
-Winter-
My leg still hurts, and I still drift into unconscienceness. Our new bridges are made of microline. In the future, I might have them changed to platnum. Ah well, I don’t have time for that, we aren’t that wealthy yet. Also, one of our farmers has had a baby girl.
---
Onul, a Mason, has become possessed. I wouldn’t know anything of this, however, because I am unconscious. He began his construction in the mason workshop, apparently.
---
He made an Orthoclase coffin. Great. Being the corrupt unconscience military hero I am, I’m putting it in my soon-to-be royal Mausoleum. It’s only worth 8400 Dwarf bucks though.
---
I’m told the Millstone project and the raised bridge project will be completed shortly. I’m considering placing a decoy animal in an exterior mine once one has been dug out.
---
A kobald tried to sneak into the fort. He was spotted before he crossed the new blue bridge. Speaking of platnum… We need a better Depot. Also, a snag has occurred in the windmill project. Turns out, I’m just 1 power unit short. This will be fixed. And a baby grew to become a child.
---
Fixed the power shortage by replacing a gear assembly with a vertical axle. Milling should be done faster now. Also, the platnum depot is finished.
---
Made back entrance inaccessible to all but flying creatures, who could just fly in above the fort anyway. Also, digging out the future workshop area for organisation.

Ok, so the fort basically has walls, improved bridges, a basic metalurgy industry,  a small military, and I’m digging out a future workshop area and a decoy trap. The next person should likely:
-finish the decoy trap (north of the town, place an animal at the end)
-continue building the military, and the steel industry
-make sure I recover from unconscienceness.
-don’t touch the new ceiling to my room.
-build a waterfall for the dining hall.
-add housing
-do a megaconstruct (optional).

As you can see, I’m a little incapitated.

file to be sent to Sava.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »

wow, that was... well it was. I don't understand your problem with the lever if you are going to just floor over the whole courtyard. ;/

Oh well, gonna be a mess by the time I get it back I have a feeling, hehe.

Death is up next right?

ps: also whoever is playing right now, I think there's a great big gaping hole in the top of the plant stockpile from an emptied pool that I forgot to floor over. Might want to fix that.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 05:34:03 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4595-alehouse

:O woah. they have absolutely 0 alcohol... feel free to add some poi though.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 05:38:39 pm »

I ended at around 150 alchohol and rising, so...

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »

nope. i checked the save and it said u had a big fat 0. and wtf is a tether? upload some more pois.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009, 09:25:33 pm »

sorry, I meant chain (rope chain).

I could have sworn there was more alcohol... Maybe the alcohol level reset?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »

nah. your big population drank it all. plz add some more poi, i'm really interested in what half of the stuff in there is for.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2009, 10:18:07 pm »

done.

fyi, I didn't do anything big to the farming/meat industry.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:51 pm »

OOH! what does the do not pull lever by the back entrance do?

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2009, 10:52:55 pm »

It causes a little bridge to appear, allowing goblins to go to where the back door is. (next to the lever). I dug that area our because of all the iron. Use wisely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7