Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: This is probably a really stupid sand related question, but I'll ask anyways...  (Read 3516 times)

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah.  Maybe the next update will fix it...

I have no ores...v_v
Can I use dolomite instead?  Or do flux stones not count as ores?

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Ore Heres a list of Ores and what rock they can be found in.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, thanks.

Another stupid question.  I had downloaded a version of this game with the graphics preinstalled before.  Well, it started glitching up and I decided to redownload it. This time I downloaded the testing file from one of the other boards.

No, how do I get the graphics back?  I went to the wiki and I found one I liked, http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Image:Animal.PNG#filelinks, but it said that I need to download the png file.  I'm no computer guru (I'm hardly competent with the internet...>_>) and I have no idea how to do this.

Help?

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, how do I get the ropes on my dogs?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile

Hi!

In order to place dogs (or other animals) somewhere, you first need to 'b'uild the ropes (I think the menu calls them restraints, but I am not perfectly sure, it is a long time ago) to where you want them to be.

Once the rope has been "built" (= placed), you can access it like any workshop and designate an animal to it.

The animal will be restrained to the 9 squares surrounding the rope.

Deathworks

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, thank you.  ^_^

Do you know if animals grow while in cages?
And do you know if it is possible to name animals?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:33:18 pm by Umi »

sev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Do you know if animals grow while in cages?
And do you know if it is possible to name animals?

Puppies will grow into dogs while in a cage.  They will not, however, reproduce.

Animals will acquire names when adopted, or when they kill something.  You cannot name the animals yourself (in vanilla df.  Dwarf Companion may allow this).

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Warning - if you "unbuild" a chain building without releasing the animal attached to it first... the chain will still be attached to the animal and may be a bit difficult to recover.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, both of you.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

q-place cursor over building-x
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I transfer saves?

Also, how do I install tilesets?

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

You can copy/past the save folder, Its in the data folder, As to tilesets... No idea here sorry. =P
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, thank you.  ^_^

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If no one can tell me how to install tilesets, then can someone tell me how to transfer them from one game to another?

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

Looking at the Wiki, My best guess is copy/past the art folder from the version with the tileset to the new one. Arts in the data folder.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5