Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Smullyan killer (game is over)  (Read 7675 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Smullyan killer (Night 2)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 06:05:03 pm »

after much talking, no one was killed, and the sun has set.

it is now night please send in your actions.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Smullyan killer (Day 2)
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 06:51:34 pm »

This is taking a really long time...  >:(

anyway, the sun rises.
And Psycho Jelly's is dead.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 08:46:16 pm »

Well, dang. Now I have to take a 50-50 guess on who is the killer...

Is it Kashyyk or A_Fey_Dwarf...? Gar. While Kashyyk has no real pressing guilty measures to show him as a killer, A_Fey_Dwarf has done some empirical evidence to his conclusion. Curses.

What now? What do you others know? All I know is that one of you is a killer, and one of you is a knight. But how will I know who is what?

... Stupid logic games!

I got it...

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 09:30:16 pm »

I'll place my lynch vote on Kashyyk as him staying in the shadows and being inactive makes me suspicious that he is the killer.
I trust webadict as he has been upfront with his actions and seems to be organizing our actions to finding the killer.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 09:32:59 pm »

And so A_Fey_Dwarf tries to paint himself as innocent and garner favor with webadict by saying that he trusts him?

Will it work?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 10:41:00 pm »

And so A_Fey_Dwarf tries to paint himself as innocent and garner favor with webadict by saying that he trusts him?

Will it work?
Well, I'd hope so. Right now, I'm in a "Game Show" puzzle. I had chosen to trust A_Fey_Dwarf on Day 1, hoping that I'd deduce the killer with brains. And here's how:

Now, since I'd chosen to trust him when there was a 33% that he was killer, there is still a 33% chance that he is the killer, since probable variance changed Kashyyk from 33% to 66%.

How ironic, seeing as how I find him to be 50% more likely to be the killer, given his activity, raising his chance to be 83%. Also, A_Fey_Dwarf's proof (I asked for the initial message he received from a1s, comparing it to mine, and finding it identical), raising it another 33%, to 89%. So, I'll have to choose Kashyyk, since it is statistically more likely.

I mean, it is possible for A_Fey_Dwarf to have rigged this, but it's only about a 1/9 chance.

I vote Kashyyk!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:49 pm »

trust me, 1/9 chances are not that unlikely. And anyway, I can only get on in the afternoons.
Just saying it was one of you two will not work as It will just look like i'm the killer, which I aint.

But then, Webadict might be the killer. This is too confusing!!!

All I want to say is, are you really sure it is me? Cos if you are not sure, and still lynch me then you have given the game to the Killer. I honestly suspect Webadictbut it is very convincing and A_Fey_Dwarf hasn't actually given any real evidence so, I don't know...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 09:58:17 pm »

Don't worry. It isn't me, and I still have yet to figure if it's you or A_Fey_Dwarf. If it is him, he's fairly good at hiding it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 02:08:23 pm »

wouldn't the killer have to be good at it? I mean, if we vote someone off now and they are the killer, a 1/2 chance, then we win. But if you lynch the other knight then the killer wins. I am not against voting but I just want it to be the right person.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:32 pm »

wouldn't the killer have to be good at it? I mean, if we vote someone off now and they are the killer, a 1/2 chance, then we win. But if you lynch the other knight then the killer wins. I am not against voting but I just want it to be the right person.
You have to vote this round, because the killer wins if we don't and the killer wins if we choose wrong.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 05:56:50 am »

ok, i will go with my previous suspicions of A_Fey_Dwarf Although if you I get lynched we will lose the game.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 06:09:24 am »

unfortunately the game is over... (as this day has been going for longer than 48 hours)
Spoiler: who won? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: cast (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 06:55:09 am »

hehe. I almost won.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 08:27:38 am »

You were the first i investigated Kashyyk!! I always suspected you! ;)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 08:48:40 am »

glad to hear it. I feel really bad about kicking you off on the first night.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4