Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Smullyan killer (game is over)  (Read 7674 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smullyan killer (mafia variation)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:07 pm »

I doubt we should vote any one off today as that would help the killer, so should we just skip to night and see who the killer bumps off?
No, skipping right to night is bad. What we need to do is think. However, since it is night, no one is allowed to talk.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Smullyan killer (mafia variation)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

ok

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Smullyan killer (Day 1)
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 05:35:59 pm »

I actually said it was night in my 3rd post.

anyway, it is now day,
and it would seem that Alexhans was sent through the wrong door by a passing logician and is now dead.

discuss this most horrible event.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

This is not good, but I can determine without a doubt that A Fey Dwarf is most certainly a law-abiding citizen. As long as he gets his shells and bones.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:49:17 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 05:56:46 pm »

So... uh... what can we say to each other to not get us killed by the killer.

Here's what I know: There are 4 of us alive now, and that means we have exactly 1 night to figure this out using only what we know. (Because after tomorrow, we will have 1 knight and 1 killer, thereby eliminating any chance of winning)

So, the bad news? I can't tell everyone what I know without getting myself killed.

The good news? If more than one other person says something, we have less chance of dying.

Unfortunately, there's a 1/4 chance one of us is the killer, and therefore could be misleading us (include me, if you will)

So... Who is it?

This is not good, but I can determine without a doubt that A Fey Dwarf is most certainly a law-abiding citizen. As long as he gets his shells and bones.
And no, you can't determine this, unless you are a killer.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

Naughty naughty no editing... Anyway thanks for the commendation.

Anyway, the fact that Alexhans is dead should prove to some of us what our roles are. I now know that I myself must be either a cruel knight or a knave as my investigation of Alexhans last night told me he was the killer (which can't be). I feel bad for Alexhans as he seemed the most enthusiastic about playing. Rest in peace my fellow knight, rest in peace.

As for voting today, I suggest we all look over the possibilities and if we can't come to any conclusion supported by evidence we leave the lynchings till we know a bit more.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 06:04:04 pm »

The killer might kill random targets just to throw us off...
Or kill predictable targets to confuse us for thinking he kills random targets!
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 06:10:15 pm »

Naughty naughty no editing... Anyway thanks for the commendation.

Anyway, the fact that Alexhans is dead should prove to some of us what our roles are. I now know that I myself must be either a cruel knight or a knave as my investigation of Alexhans last night told me he was the killer (which can't be). I feel bad for Alexhans as he seemed the most enthusiastic about playing. Rest in peace my fellow knight, rest in peace.

As for voting today, I suggest we all look over the possibilities and if we can't come to any conclusion supported by evidence we leave the lynchings till we know a bit more.
No conclusions today, but we'll need all the evidence we can get before another death.

I'm trying to use all the statistical evidence I can use.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 08:03:50 pm »

Where is Kashyyk... I need him to talk before I have this mystery truly solved.

Anyhow, I've almost got enough evidence for this. Alexhans shall not have died in vain!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:31:06 pm by webadict »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 07:10:29 pm »

there is now less then 24 hours left in this day.
please decide if you want to kill anyone off, and vote on it. (you can all vote not to kill anyone, if you don't want to, and we'll get to the next night)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 07:44:23 pm »

I have to vote No Kill, due to the fact that failing to determine the correct killer would make us lose, and there is only a 25% of choosing the correct killer, if I include myself, which is rather stupid given the chances.

There are only three of use knights, and we knights know this, but how can we prove it is the greatest question. So, what do we do now? Do we risk guessing next turn? We have a 33% chance of finding the killer next turn. We can use what we know, but that can only get us so much.

So, how do we win?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 07:48:23 pm »

well, this is my first game (both running and playing), but I would suggest you dicsuss your findings from the previous night. (you can't know what kind of knight you are, and the killer knows the rest of you are all knights, so you're not really risking giving away vital info to the enemy.) and possibly assign new targets to everyone for the next night...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:50:23 pm by a1s »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »

Well, so far as I can gather:

A_Fey_Dwarf chose Alexhans. Alexhans was found to be the killer.
Psycho Dwarf chose A_Fey_Dwarf. A_Fey_Dwarf was found to be a knight.
I chose Alexhans. Alexhans was found to be a knight.
Alexhans is killed.
Kashyyk has not said who he chose.

Now, here's the conundrum:
Kashyyk is the obvious person to choose, since he hasn't said who he chose, nor has he said much about anything. Or someone is lying...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 07:59:36 pm »

well, this is my first game (both running and playing), but I would suggest you dicsuss your findings from the previous night. (you can't know what kind of knight you are, and the killer knows the rest of you are all knights, so you're not really risking giving away vital info to the enemy.) and possibly assign new targets to everyone for the next night...

a1s: Shame, shame, shame.

You should never help the players.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 01:32:39 pm »

I am sorry I was away guys, but I am here now. To throw mine in I checked Webadict and discovered him killer, but that doesn't mean much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4