Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strawberry jam  (Read 3115 times)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strawberry jam
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:23:00 am »

Wild strawberry -> process to barrel = strawberry jam
 :)

edit: While we are on the subject of changin tha outdoor plants, they should probably have more realistic growing seasons.
Strawberries for example would be only be able to be grown during spring and winter ( I think that's what their real life growing seasons are.. ) I donno about the rest of the plants, they seem to be made up.

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strawberry jam
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:13:00 am »

BARRELS of jam?  Dude!  I think vials of jam are probably fine.  There aren't enough uses for vials anyway  :)
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:05:00 am »

Yeah, make it to glass vials and this would be a good idea (tm).

You have been given the Gaulgath Seal of Approval.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:46:00 am »

But I WANT whole barrels of yummy jam!  :(

And dwarwen cola, made from dwarwen syrup, dwarwen sugar, and dwarwen milk, BARRELS of yummy cola!  :(

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

Cola? I take it that it isn't like coca-cola...

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

Dwarven Cream Soda.  Also need to make cans from the appropriate metals, or glass bottles, and add a bottling workshop.  :)

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

If and when food spoilage is introduced, bottling and canning will become necessary processes. As well as salting, pickling, drying, and vacuum-sealing.

(Joking on the last one, of course - but I'd bet the steampunk crowd would absolutely LOVE a steam-powered mechanical dwarven vacuum sealer!)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by axus:
<STRONG>Dwarven Cream Soda.  Also need to make cans from the appropriate metals, or glass bottles, and add a bottling workshop.   :)</STRONG>

I knew aluminum had to be added for a reason!

Sheez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »

quote:
(Joking on the last one, of course - but I'd bet the steampunk crowd would absolutely LOVE a steam-powered mechanical dwarven vacuum sealer!)

Only if I could vacuum seal particularly troublesome dwarves...

How much war could a warforged forge if a warforged could forge war?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »

Sorry, as I said my cooking English is very bad, I absolutely DO NOT mean Coca-cola, I don't know what it is called, but I tried to check it up and the closest I came was fudge, I also think in many languishes it is similar to "caramel", so, not Coca-cola.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

I like the idea of using vials, they're one of those things that need more uses. (Or if it did wind up just being barrels I would suggest having to add sugar too, to make it slightly more difficult) And I wouldn't stop at strawberries, I bet prickleberries and sunberries would make a good jam too.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

I love this idea, my old forts tended to be more of farming forts then anything else and my current one seems to be going that way too. Though I don't have a river I know windmills will work and I have 4 layers of farmable dirt before I hit rock. No aquifer. If the jam is processed at the mill it would be even better. But soon this will be able to be added in the raws. The building tasks are slowly moving over into the raws. If you create the new food, then add the task to create it at the mill, quern, farmers workshop or alchemist workshop then you could create jam.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheez:
<STRONG>

Only if I could vacuum seal particularly troublesome dwarves...</STRONG>

"See, little Enid, this is what happens to nobles who demand 10 star ruby items to be manufactured!"

Sheez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 01:52:00 am »

Hey, it might be a little Han Solo-ish. I might encrust the entombed noble with the very gem they requested. Ya know, for the irony.  :D
How much war could a warforged forge if a warforged could forge war?

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

Oh man... we would DEFINITELY allow any noble who mandated strawberry jam to live, no matter what else they wanted... yummmmm... jam...
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.
Pages: [1] 2