Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Rainseeker's Succession  (Read 8836 times)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: Rainseeker's Succession
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2009, 03:35:08 pm »

yeah, it's been almost 3 days now...
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2009, 07:12:17 pm »

Well this one hasn't gone off the best. >< Hopefully we don't let it die before it even starts though...
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2009, 07:50:17 pm »

this is offtopic but, have you ever heard of hide.exe? its the exact oposite of reveal.exe and i've been looking for it for AGES.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2009, 07:55:52 pm »

hmm, nope. I can't say I have. I've heard of reveal, but never used it, or really wanted to. And then again, I'm still rather new to the game in general, only having found it around early dec last year.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2009, 10:49:13 pm »

Okay okay don't worry. I WILL get it done tomorrow. You have my word. You know how it can be, and I hate making excuses. Life just has a tendency to throw a lot of shit at you at once, and I have to prioritize. If I can finish this homework in time, I will work on it tonight.
You have my word, tomorrow.
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2009, 07:49:00 pm »

Captains Log- 21st of Obsidian
Aye, I finally got me some paper and a fuckin quill! A PROPRER cappin' always has a log, but not poor ol' Flashzom, no, here's a sorry site fer sorry eyes. A cappin' without so much as even one of dem fancy hats to throw a feadder on! Me fadder was the admiral of the Wiley Whore, and he had the fanciest hat you've seen this side of the supple hills! Anyways, I'm cappin' of de boat here, called the Filthy Dirty Sea Whore. I ain't to sure about jus how dirty dese names for the ships oughtta be, so I kept it clean and named it after me ex wife. Anyways, with this here quill and paper, well, Ol' Urist kept some hidden under the chest in his quarters. I swear to Armok I swept that damn place a hundred times (smelled like a purrin maggot den. That poor motherfucker just warn't the same since our soapmaker died, said he was a gonna quit washin on account of a tribute to 'im er some garbage like that.) Well, after I got this here quill, I decided we could take a vote on wedder or not to take 'im and throw 'im over on account a he was stinkin' the whole damn place up to high hell n we darn't really have nuff food to last more dan to mid slate, and dats if I have um' cut off der fingers fer snacks. The vote was rejected 7 to 1, so we threw him over. Damn it's good to be a cappin'.

Captains Log 27th of Obsidian-
So, er, we cracked open da storage in da hull cause we couldn't find Urist an we'd been a lookin fer him fer days, e'r since I mandated that he be a thrown with dah zombie sharks that ar floatin around, tryin to eye us up all keen like, like dey's want a snack. Well, we found a keg of fine dwarven ale, an we forgot about Urist pretty quick der. Unfortunately, by the end of the night, it warn't no where to be found. Drat the damn luck of the Filthy Dirty Sea Whore. Also, we found land, we're anchorin after dis here storm leaves. Looks mighty hospitable enough. Lastly, A potash maker has been helping me with my English skills, on account of the fact that it's troublesome he says to write with a dialect. I agreed, and then I killed him. Now it is just us brave seven dwarves (A now highly educated one, mind you!)

Captains Log 1st of Slate-
What the fuck.

How in the SHIT did this look like a good place to embark? This looks like a shitty Clint Dwarfwood movie. Remind me to blind my navigator. Is this really the kind of crap I can expect when I leave them to get wasted for a week or two? These babies need to man up damn quick if they want to survive. I heard from the king that us band of roughians would be embarking on some of the deadliest, most hostile lands known to dwarven kind. And that we must claim it in the name of the mountain homes, to show tribute to the power and ferocity of our race. We were told to expect violent seas! Zombies running rampant, pillaging the villagers and raping the sand! Oh Armok! It would RAIN BLOOD they promised us.

We are greeted by a pack of camels playing in the fucking beach water. They smile at us and go back to splashing around in little circles and rolling over when the tide comes in, happy as clams. Firstly, when the FUCK did camels learn to smile, and where the HELL are we? This sucks. Screw the king and fuck this fort.

Best of luck to Seizurefence. I'm getting wasted. Miners! Dig me a mighty shaft!
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2009, 02:01:49 pm »

"Seizurefence."

LOL

Best. Embark. Name. Ever.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2009, 05:01:15 pm »

Hehe, looks great, but where's the rest of it? XD Sorry to put so much pressure on you, but you barely started. Gotta keep at it. :)

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:39 pm »

I have to resign this fort. It is terrible. There is absolutely nothing to talk about. I built a wall and an aquaduct. NOTHING interesting happened AT ALL. Maybe another time, but if you like, I can upload the file, but this fort is rubbish.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »

How about switching places with me Flash?

Since I already have the embark I can get things started and then pass it on. And by the time it gets back to you, hopefully we will be knee deep in goblin seiges to keep everything interesting.

Sound ok for everyone else? I can't start today, I have two other succession games turns to do, but I should be able to get to it in the next couple of days if people agree, or there are no further objections.

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2009, 08:15:48 pm »

Hand it over to me.

I shall MAKE it interesting. Even if it hurts. >:3
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »

You want what has been done already or you want to know the starting location?

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2009, 01:06:07 am »

Well, we all know how most of the time nothing happens the first year.  Flash, I liked your start.  You have a funny wit, and your description was interesting.  It's just too bad you had to give up.  At any rate, I'm passing the torch to Vincent, because he has time to do it, apparently.  Vincent, go ahead and find an interesting NEW site and do the first year.  When you're done, email it to me.  It's just too bad, "Seizurefence" was a great name.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:54 am »

How do you expect me t' do this If I don't have the world?

Or should I just use my own world?
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2009, 08:05:39 am »

The world I used was definitely the one that he uploaded earlier on the page. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8