Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you view female dwarves as having beards?

Yes.
- 131 (51.2%)
No.
- 96 (37.5%)
I don't view either gender as having facial hair.
- 2 (0.8%)
What the hell is a dwarve?
- 11 (4.3%)
I think Toady said something about this one time, and I'm too spineless to make a wrong guess that might contradict DF canon.
- 16 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 256

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Do You Picture Female Dwarfs as Having Beards?  (Read 16910 times)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Picture Female Dwarfs as Having Beards?
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2009, 04:27:40 pm »

That presents us with the question, how do you feel about dwarven pubic hair? I think it's appropriate to assume it's carefully styled, long and decorated with gold rings studded with emeralds like you often see in artwork of their facial hair

Also, do dwarven women have chest hair? I'm thinking a Y shaped tuft of soft thick red hair between the twins

Wish I could draw so I could strike a killing blow to your fragile mind instead of just wounding it

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2009, 04:56:17 pm »

Wish I could draw so I could strike a killing blow to your fragile mind instead of just wounding it
Now someone else will. Run away!

Fenrir enters the cave in the mouth!
He is hidden!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2009, 05:03:25 pm »

The first "Scary Movie" beat you to the entire scenario you just tried to describe.

Pilsu strikes Aqizzar in the brain with the disgusting image!
The shot glances away harmlessly.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2009, 05:06:45 pm »

It's looking like the "with beard" view is winning at this point, with 51 %.

Oh, and Artyr, if you want the explanation of evolution that I can muster, it would be a massive wall of text.  Massive.  The fact that I can tell you that the change from ape to dwarf would be a slow transition with very small changes throughout hundreds or even thousands of generations should be enough.  But I could be extremely detailed, if you are really sure you wanted it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2009, 06:16:38 pm »

I don't view either gender as having facial hair.     - 2 (1.4%)
I demand these two step forward so that we may lynch them.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2009, 06:19:52 pm »

After trying them in court overseen by the Honorable Judge Toady (or the Honorable Judge Threetoe) and decided on with a jury of DF forum goers.

Sorry . . . we're going over courts in Law Education.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:06 pm »

After trying them in court overseen by the Honorable Judge Toady (or the Honorable Judge Threetoe) and decided on with a jury of DF forum goers.

Sorry . . . we're going over courts in Law Education.

We don't have time for due process here, and we can't take the risk of such dangerous characters being found innocent on technicality.  Do you want them running around your backyard?

By order of the Bearded Commissions Act of 2009, such dissidents must be dealt with unilaterally...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2009, 06:36:38 pm »

While our positions on female dwarf hair may vary, we can come together to get rid of these villains! Why, the longer they are loose and frolicking the more of our youth shall be corrupted by them! Think of the Children!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Artyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:15 pm »

Beak Dog raws
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
And according to Toady, they're velociraptors.  Similar or identical raw structure only means they follow the same basic bodyplan.  It confers or denies no other traits.
I suppose he did it for convenience sake, but veliciraptors are not typically described as humanoid. If this were the case then all birds would be considered humanoid. Besides that they lack the 5 fingers/toes in the the human/dwarf raws.

Also, do dwarven women have chest hair? I'm thinking a Y shaped tuft of soft thick red hair between the twins
And now it really starts. What's holding them back from being completely covered in fur? Nothing according to you people. There's a reason we've kept longer hair on our heads

It's looking like the "with beard" view is winning at this point, with 51 %.

Oh, and Artyr, if you want the explanation of evolution that I can muster, it would be a massive wall of text.  Massive.  The fact that I can tell you that the change from ape to dwarf would be a slow transition with very small changes throughout hundreds or even thousands of generations should be enough.  But I could be extremely detailed, if you are really sure you wanted it.
It probably won't be that long. Again you assume that's I'm some moronic internet goer with the attention span of a few sentences. I've read essays, books even,  on the subject, and in fact, I'm thinking of writing an essay on “The Origin of Dwarfkind” just for some fun. So let us see this theory on why dwarves are almost exactly like humans, except they're short, stout, and the females are somehow bearded despite the fact, among other things.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »

Artyr, being dependent on alcohol is a much bigger deviation from human biology than is having bearded females.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2009, 08:13:19 pm »

Also Artyr, I was more referring to cluttering up this thread with a large post.
Just so I remember

Mikko

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2009, 09:26:45 am »

I HAVE NOT READ THIS TOPIC

But I can already say, that I hate every person who don't imagine dwarves with beards ON A PERSONAL MANNER, very, very deeply.

I might forgive you some day when you know that dwarves DO have beards. ALWAYS.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2009, 09:55:30 am »

I sometimes see them as with beards, and sometimes without. Most of the time, they definately have beards because they seem to remind me of discworld dwarves.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2009, 10:05:40 am »

What is this 'Discworld' I keep hearing mentioned? It's a book by some Pratchett fellow, right?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2009, 10:12:35 am »

I put my vote in with females have beards.

Though I imagine them as either keeping them trimmed shorter or growing slower than the males'. 

While the males all have a Gandalf beard, the females have something closer to a full time Harley biker beard...cept decorated with ribbons and flowers.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15