Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Designation Type - 'Note'  (Read 928 times)

ReWolf31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Designation Type - 'Note'
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »

As my fortress is looking pretty messy, I'm sort of forgetting what's what and where's what.

So I was thinking, how about a type of designation called a 'note' or something, that takes up a single block, and flashes solid light blue or something. When placed, you would be prompted to type in a few characters (e.g. 'Farm number 1'), which would be the 'note'. You could then read he note by 'k'ing (looking at? Meh, I don't know the right phrase) it.

Does that make any sense?

What do you think?

B@.~~~

And so Alor, a wrestler of renown, found himself between a great boar and the wide river.  For six days they struggled, and as the sun descended behind the hills on the evening of the seventh day, Alor finally collapsed in exhaustion.  The boar s

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Designation Type - 'Note'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »

I like the idea, sort of. You still have to use  'k' to look. I had a similar idea, but to allow you to engrave walls with letters. I wanted to be able to name/number my housing blocks with wall lettering, as well as things like lining my entry hallway with "HAHA GOBLINS R NUBS!" or something like that.

Yat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

I had a fortress where i never built clothes so dwarves ended running around naked when their clothing finally rotted away, so isolated from my fortress in the unmined rock i wrote live nudes with "to be mined" designation

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

You could always...  h...  hover the mouse over the note.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ReWolf31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>You could always...  h...  hover the mouse over the note.</STRONG>

Or that   :D

B@.~~~

And so Alor, a wrestler of renown, found himself between a great boar and the wide river.  For six days they struggled, and as the sun descended behind the hills on the evening of the seventh day, Alor finally collapsed in exhaustion.  The boar s