Author Topic: HELP  (Read 658 times)

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:08:50 am »

Well...
basically I just want to know what I should do. I have only played adventure for 2 hours, but I keep on dying (wolf bites to throat)
Right now I am a human that is a swordsman and good with armor and shields too. I have only comleted one quest. I have gone to 3 cities but they have no quests. Also, I have never seen a drunk in the cities, so I have not recruited anyone. Where do you find good recruits? And are the goblins supposed to be nice? (they would not attack me) And when I sleep it takes FOREVER, instead I just move a few tiles... and I have not found anything of value... unless you can sell corpses and rocks.

So what did you guys do to become good?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:15:45 am »

Attack friendlies using shift + a.  Getting quests early on is a bad idea.  I managed to train up a good swordsman just by (T)raveling around in evil areas, waiting for ambush.  Once you are a few levels past proficient, start going for quests.  Once you get a level or two away from legendary in your military skills, start the goblin massacres with that first trick I told you.  Traveling also dispels sleep, hunger, and thirst.  It also heals you.  Finally, you don't want to recruit drunks.  Real recruitable companions have been added in.  But they frequently kill things before you can, because they have the AI's magical ability to know where everything is.  Wait until you are ready to massacre gobbo towers and elven forests.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:22:53 am »

how can i get money???

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:37:35 am »

Killing goblins yeilds spider silk, and you do not want money, as it isn't usable between civs.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:44 pm »

What I do to gain money is to go to caves and just wander around looting without actually engaging the megabeast.  Giants are notoriously messy, so I can usually make enough money to buy REAL gear (if I'm playing an elf) or plenty of ammo/superior weapons/etc as any other race.

As for skill training in order to recruit good cohorts, I just sneak everywhere I go, and swim whenever possible (need at least novice swimmer to avoid drowning immediately).  It's good stat training, since you're usually moving anyway.