Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635821 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11460 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »

Just as a general question:

For the things that are red right now: will they be worked on soon/have priority over other dev_next things? Like, will they be in the next release (not the one coming now, but the one after that). I really want to see the things here, particularly diseases and formations.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: January 28, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »

From the wiki:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Umm...

That quote is actually an instance of vandalism in Wikipedia - disregard it

Okay yea, I know wikipedia isn't exactly a resource you would use if you wanted serious info, but its good for some quick general info.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:10 pm »

Toady
The raws for the baron, count, and duke all say "succesion_by_heir" does that mean that their children will actually replace them if they die?
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: January 28, 2010, 08:04:27 pm »

Toady
The raws for the baron, count, and duke all say "succesion_by_heir" does that mean that their children will actually replace them if they die?

Don't forget the King and Queen as they now have that. So, I'll ask an extension of this question and a few more of my own in relation to the noble stuff:

In addition to what Randall said, will the reigning monarch pass on the crown to an appointed heir (It seems to have a tendency to be the eldest), either offsite or onsite if they die for whatever reason?

In those noble position raws, there is a tag called [DUTY_BOUND], what does that mean?

Also, you have the outpost liason and the diplomat as having the ability to do mandates and have room requirements (its the same as mayor I think), does this mean we will have to set up some housing for the liason and/or diplomat as well or is that required to make the position work?

Edit: Oh yea, I see you still have [swims_learned] for the Magmamen, with that tag, they are stuck wherever they happen to land in the magma pipe and so are rendered harmless unless you tap into the pipe at their level. So, are they actually going to be able to swim in order to be a threat?

I know its a bunch of questions at once, but they are about the same general thing.

Edit2: nm, misread demands as mandates for the champion.

Also, I think armory manager, quartermaster, or something would be a better name than armament dwarf, but hey, we can always change the name if we wish to.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:23:13 pm by smjjames »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: January 28, 2010, 08:46:07 pm »

You know, on the subject of burning people, they'd probably be most effective with some amount of preparation first. At the very least, you's want to drain the blood like you would when slaughtering pigs. Even then, there's still a significant amount of liquid in the body, so I'd think it wouldn't burn too well without a lot of work, more so than it's really worth. Certainly not hot enough to work metal.
So in conclusion, this would be pretty much useless until we get lighting.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:34 pm »

My guess for [DUTY_BOUND] would be that it is a position that you can't give up or reassign, it's one the dwarf is stuck with forever more

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:23 pm »

You know, on the subject of burning people, they'd probably be most effective with some amount of preparation first. At the very least, you's want to drain the blood like you would when slaughtering pigs. Even then, there's still a significant amount of liquid in the body, so I'd think it wouldn't burn too well without a lot of work, more so than it's really worth. Certainly not hot enough to work metal.
So in conclusion, this would be pretty much useless until we get lighting.

You could pack them in a chamber with salt. Once they've dried up they would burn quite readily, I would think.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:53 pm »

Would drying them out over a fire be efficient?

Shadetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: January 28, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »

So why are we burning those Elves Urist?
To dry out those other Elves of course
for what?
burning.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: January 28, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »

:D
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: January 28, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

Out of curiosity, has the issue described in this link -- the lag on the stocks menu when selecting a category with a huge number of objects -- been addressed in the latest version?
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: January 28, 2010, 10:39:47 pm »

This is a question for anybody --
How many noble offices/throne rooms/etc. will we need in the next version, for how many total nobles?

Planning out a new fort design but not sure if I need to put in an office for the Dungeon Master etc.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

So why are we burning those Elves Urist?
To dry out those other Elves of course
for what?
burning.
We dry the elves so that we can burn the elves so that we can dry the elves...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:18 pm »

I just had a wacky thought.

You know how entity creatures with [CAN_TALK] usually trade with you, and those without the tag are invariably at war with you?

What would happen if a race had one caste with [CAN_TALK], and one without? Would the communication problems automatically start wars, or would trade work as usual?  And what if the merchants were all of the non-speaking caste?  Would you still be able to trade?

Hell, if things worked just right, you might have civilizations that come to trade every year while simultaneously trying to conquer you.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:01 pm »

This is a question for anybody --
How many noble offices/throne rooms/etc. will we need in the next version, for how many total nobles?

Planning out a new fort design but not sure if I need to put in an office for the Dungeon Master etc.

There should be a list of requirements in the position raws Toady posted a little while ago in this topic. Go back a few pages, or check Toady's recent posts.

Also, it amuses me how many discussions/ideas on this forum could be turned into decent death metal lyrics.
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1065