Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636484 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #10335 on: January 14, 2010, 07:53:58 am »

In case of dwarves, it's either muscle, liver, or beard cells.
In case of dwarves, it INCREASES the growth of the beard cells.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: January 14, 2010, 08:01:35 am »

Wouldn't that mean that the most bearded dwarves are the most stupid?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:39 am »

Yes but if the alchohol kills the braincells, and if braincells can't be replaced, what exactly is replacing the cells?
It's only the connections you care about until you've lost a large number of cells. Your body actually kills the things off naturally if they're not displaying a minimal degree of connection. Well, maybe it's clearer to say they kill themselves if they are lonely but the dieing is there for a reason.

Wouldn't that mean that the most bearded dwarves are the most stupid?
Obviously not if they can replace nerve cells with beard and or liver cells.

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: January 14, 2010, 08:21:24 am »

To Aqizzar: I'm really excited about underground civs. Specifically troglodytes. Those bastards have (unaccountably) been an enormous thorn in the side of every single Fortress I've made in the past 2 weeks. I've had to set up Trog extermination squads and do regular Trog-sweeps just to keep their numbers manageable. They've been a lot of Fun, in other words, and I'd love to be able to see, or atleast have better tools to mod in, real depth going on with them.

Ofcourse, that's all just hope and speculation. We've been given (that I've seen) less info on underground civs than we have about the new and improved HFS.

Damn, seems like you're getting a free preview of "Fun with the underground!"
I'm planning on trying to slowly wipe out/explore the underground by setting up basecamps and walls, but we'll see just how poorly that goes.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #10339 on: January 14, 2010, 08:37:10 am »

To Aqizzar: I'm really excited about underground civs. Specifically troglodytes. Those bastards have (unaccountably) been an enormous thorn in the side of every single Fortress I've made in the past 2 weeks. I've had to set up Trog extermination squads and do regular Trog-sweeps just to keep their numbers manageable. They've been a lot of Fun, in other words, and I'd love to be able to see, or atleast have better tools to mod in, real depth going on with them.

Ofcourse, that's all just hope and speculation. We've been given (that I've seen) less info on underground civs than we have about the new and improved HFS.

Damn, seems like you're getting a free preview of "Fun with the underground!"
I'm planning on trying to slowly wipe out/explore the underground by setting up basecamps and walls, but we'll see just how poorly that goes.

I already have "blueprints" set up: Walled of section with barracks/diningroom/ammo,food&booze strockpiles/moat. Gremlin&Building destroyer trap on outside, dog sentries and archery target for stationed dwarves, "jail" for filled cage traps. Minifort outpost :)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: January 14, 2010, 08:55:06 am »

You do realize that dwarves are immune to the poisonous effects of alcohol, right? Just check the dwarf raws for the new version. :D
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:55 am »

Yes but if the alchohol kills the braincells, and if braincells can't be replaced, what exactly is replacing the cells?

Uh, brain cells grow back.

It used to be believed that brain cells could not be replaced, this has seen been found to not be the case. The brain is constantly discarding and regrowing dead and dying brain cells. The amount lost from casual drinking is well within it's ability to repair.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: January 14, 2010, 09:15:31 am »

The amount lost from casual drinking is well within it's ability to repair.
Dwarves drink water casually. Their alcohol consumption is anything but.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: January 14, 2010, 09:16:15 am »

omg it's so close now...i can almost touch it!!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: January 14, 2010, 09:20:14 am »

The amount lost from casual drinking is well within it's ability to repair.
Dwarves drink water casually. Their alcohol consumption is anything but.
Dwarves also don't get drunk, so we can reasonably assume the Alcohol isn't a poison to them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:44 am »

Actually, perpetual drunkenness would explain a lot of their behavior...(walling themselves in, dodging into moats, their odd digging patterns, etc.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: January 14, 2010, 09:40:37 am »

Actually, perpetual drunkenness would explain a lot of their behavior...(walling themselves in, dodging into moats, their odd digging patterns, etc.)

Those behaviours aren't Dwarf specific though, so we can probably conclude that that's are just how DF creatures work.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:42 am »

I thought, and I am nearly certainly extremely wrong here, that new brain cells are constantly being created but tend to die rather quickly.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: January 14, 2010, 10:45:50 am »

Brain cells last as long as they need to. The Brain is certainly more static than, say the testes, but it changes like the rest of the body. Old neurones die, new ones are born, old connections wither, new ones are formed.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #10349 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:46 am »

Brain cells last as long as they need to. The Brain is certainly more static than, say the testes, but it changes like the rest of the body. Old neurones die, new ones are born, old connections wither, new ones are formed.

Actually, no, no new neurons are created after your birth, only connections. Mechanically severed connections do regenerate, but dead cell is dead forever, there is no replacement.

Simply put, anytime you manage to kill of some neurons they are gone for good. Have fun drinking :)
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1065