Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632991 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #9525 on: December 29, 2009, 11:50:35 pm »

Lordy lordy. Go a few days without updates and look what happens to this topic. This is some Lord of the Flies type bullshit right here. I feel like writing an 8th grade essay on it.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: December 29, 2009, 11:53:41 pm »

[IMG]
Lordy lordy. Go a few days without updates and look what happens to this topic. This is some Lord of the Flies type bullshit right here. I feel like writing an 8th grade essay on it.

I lol'd

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: December 29, 2009, 11:56:38 pm »

*thwacks Kinnis with a carp and then fades back into the shadows, ninja style!*

Now he is definetly done.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: December 29, 2009, 11:58:17 pm »

That is probably one of the more appropriate images I've seen on this board. Though I still find comedy image posting to be somewhat obnoxious :D

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: December 30, 2009, 12:16:30 am »

Is it possible to mod in certain weapons, such as brass adamantine knuckles, that use the section of wrestling that involves striking? Alternatly, can I make spiked shoes, which use the kicking skill and are located on one's foot as opposed to the traditional weapon position?

Kinnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: December 30, 2009, 12:34:09 am »

Pfft. It would be a lot simpler if everyone on the net just admitted I was right.  ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: December 30, 2009, 12:37:19 am »

Interesting I once saw a self-defense weapon (I think it is called a Wabaku but I am probably wrong, it had some name that sounded too familiar) that functioned basically by being a bar of metal you hold under your fist.

It is supposed to be legal because you don't actually strike someone with it... but I doubt it as you could probably injure someone pretty bad by striking with the sides.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: December 30, 2009, 12:38:40 am »

Is it possible to mod in certain weapons, such as brass adamantine knuckles, that use the section of wrestling that involves striking? Alternatly, can I make spiked shoes, which use the kicking skill and are located on one's foot as opposed to the traditional weapon position?

Assuming weapons are still assigned skills the way they are in the current version, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to (considering that people have made weapons that use fishery and druidism, for God's sake).

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: December 30, 2009, 12:45:12 am »

There's a druidism skill?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:01 am »

Obviously it teaches you to... uhhh... be a druid?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: December 30, 2009, 01:07:44 am »

Interesting I once saw a self-defense weapon (I think it is called a Wabaku but I am probably wrong, it had some name that sounded too familiar) that functioned basically by being a bar of metal you hold under your fist.

It is supposed to be legal because you don't actually strike someone with it... but I doubt it as you could probably injure someone pretty bad by striking with the sides.

They're called steel bars.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: December 30, 2009, 01:16:17 am »

They're called steel bars.

Well they are steel bars (well more grip and form fitting but yeah a steel bar)

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the name I saw was some sort of Brand name to make them seem much more legitimate then they really were.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: December 30, 2009, 01:32:24 am »

Obviously it teaches you to... uhhh... be a druid?
Strangely enough, yes. I made a dagger with the [MAGIC_NATURE] skill, and made an adventurer who was an EXPERT DRUID. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this dagger for the life of me.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: December 30, 2009, 03:05:32 am »

With the castes system in the next version, can we do something like this?
While playing Fortress Mode is it possible that my - for example Werewolves-civ - can give birth to wolves that only count as pets in addition to 'normal' children (in this case Were-kids)?
I think that civ-or-not intellect level is not a caste-specifiable tag. I may be wrong, because I recall attribute differences being specifiable, but...

Here's the list of tags that can't be used on the caste level:

The number of tokens that are creature rather than caste specific is very small.  Creatures handle the overall name, biome, whether the creature is considered fanciful/doesn't exist (for art), vermin information (so, no, Fault, sorry!... too much depends on that right now), whether groups hang together closely, whether it is mundane (from real Earth for age name purposes), population information including good/evil/savage, if it is equipment, sphere information (not sure how long that'll last, but there were annoyances), and that looks like it (they also have some general categories that have caste overrides, like child names and speeches for adv mode).  Everything else, including body information, is held in the castes.

So it looks like a creature CAN have sentient and non-sentient castes.  Don't know what kind of results you'd get using such a creature in Fortress Mode, but it'd be interesting.

Assuming weapons are still assigned skills the way they are in the current version, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to (considering that people have made weapons that use fishery and druidism, for God's sake).

The adamantine knuckles will kind of work, but since an item can't currently be both armor and a "real" weapon, the knuckles will offer no protective value.  The spiked shoes won't work at all, since weapons can't be equipped on the feet.  There's a possibility that Toady will make armored body parts do extra damage, though:

Quote from: Hummingbird
Would the material or weight of one's footwear or gauntlets affect the damage of kicks or punches in the next version?

Nah, this one is still sitting in the dangling issues for this release.  It would be pretty quick to make it work, but it's all a matter of time at this point.  I have a vague memory of doing something with it, but I couldn't find anything.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:11:35 am by Footkerchief »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: December 30, 2009, 05:20:51 am »

Is it possible to set litter size for a specific caste? For example, a goblin Warden Mother that could have litters of hundreds of goblin pups?
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1065