Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632210 times)

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #9315 on: December 26, 2009, 10:58:43 am »

So... New version in no less than 3 weeks?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:43:49 am by Stormrage »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: December 26, 2009, 11:41:46 am »

Sounds reasonable to me.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: December 26, 2009, 12:33:16 pm »

It may or may not be less than three weeks. I wouldn't bet either way, at this point.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: December 26, 2009, 12:42:16 pm »

January Sixteenth seems to be the favorite predict.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: December 26, 2009, 12:54:08 pm »

Stop the guessing guys murphy is right around the corner  ;) .

Toady i hope you enjoy your little chrismas holyday.

dos this mean the hydra wouldn't grow two heads after one got chopped off? ???

somewhat irritated....

Correct.  It'll probably happen at some point, but regeneration in general isn't going in yet.

Hydras won't be growing back heads, according to Toady.

No he said that they won't be growing back more heads then they lost.

There are soo many uses for Regeneration of bodyparts I can't imagine it never making it into the game.

Yeah, I'm all for regeneration or even regenerating more heads than they lost at some point in a controlled fashion.  It's just not part of the hydra test.

iirc regeneration speeds are in but not regrowth, which means a cut or something can heal really fast but cut-off thingslike limbs dont regrow jet. Thought regrowth wouldnt be that hard by comparing the actual bodyplan with basetemplate to select what has to be regrown. The how is another question thought.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: December 26, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »

Reading what I said I think I was confused as to what they were saying. Mixing "can't" with "Ever"

-No one is regrowing bodyparts in this release.
-Regrowing bodyparts is likely going to enter the game eventually
-Toady is all for Hydras regenerating whole heads
-Toady is iffy if he would allow a Hydra to regrow more heads then it originally had, and if he did he would require some sort of limit.

Also Heph by "regeneration" we meant whole bodyparts regrowing. Rather then healing.

So yes Healing rates are in. Though actually setting it up so that a creature for example heals a bit every few turns is going to be a challenge from last I remember.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:03:01 pm by Neonivek »

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: December 26, 2009, 01:47:29 pm »

It's difficult to guess when it'll be finished. I remember people betting for February.... 2009. And until recently, "Christmas" was a quite popular guess around here, so as frustrating as it can be, it's best to just wait & see.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: December 26, 2009, 02:59:00 pm »

You do realize that if Hydras regrow heads freely, we'll end up with >10,000 headed Hydras from worldgen, right?

Of course, such a hydra would likely collapse under its own weight due to DF's realistic treatment of bodies.  This reminds me of a certain comic that I can't find the link to.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: December 26, 2009, 03:04:16 pm »

It's difficult to guess when it'll be finished. I remember people betting for February.... 2009. And until recently, "Christmas" was a quite popular guess around here, so as frustrating as it can be, it's best to just wait & see.

Still, the list is looking mighty green. A release within the next two or three months is soon enough for me; gods know I'll be playing it enough once it comes out anyhow.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: December 26, 2009, 03:04:53 pm »

hehe MC-hydra from oots  ;D . Well if a animal heals fast enought (say a troll) you could have a different type of butchery (wich remeind me to torchwood) where you cut out pieces of the organs and such.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: December 26, 2009, 03:10:32 pm »

Still, the list is looking mighty green. A release within the next two or three months is soon enough for me; gods know I'll be playing it enough once it comes out anyhow.

Noon, January 1st.  That gives him two days to finish the underground, and four days for the Final section.  No big.

Exasperation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: December 26, 2009, 03:12:04 pm »

You do realize that if Hydras regrow heads freely, we'll end up with >10,000 headed Hydras from worldgen, right?

Of course, such a hydra would likely collapse under its own weight due to DF's realistic treatment of bodies.  This reminds me of a certain comic that I can't find the link to.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html.  Also, http://www.theprincessplanet.com/2009/10/25/squidragon-quest-part-2/

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: December 26, 2009, 03:30:18 pm »

• Consider rope/ladder/etc. building particularly for downward movement into large open spaces
    • Explore a few other (very minor) compat issues
    • Fix the annoying cat bug
    • Perform the hydra test
    • Any remaining tests
    • Handle a few misc. bug reports and minor interface requests that have arisen
    • Merge with the 40d# stuff

Yep, I think it's going to be a new release in a couple of weeks.
    But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
    This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9328 on: December 26, 2009, 04:29:34 pm »

I predict the most beautiful, bugridden, full of mysterious crashes, but still the best release in the history of ever if it comes out on New Years.
    this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9329 on: December 26, 2009, 04:37:37 pm »

I predict the most beautiful, bugridden, full of mysterious crashes, but still the best release in the history of ever if it comes out on New Years.
    Yeah! Fuck bugs and crashes! It destroys other games, but in Dwarf Fortress, it enriches the experience!
    Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1065