Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632204 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #9015 on: December 20, 2009, 07:05:35 pm »

I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: December 20, 2009, 08:04:03 pm »

This makes me realise, we have Fire Men, Magma Men... I wonder how like they are in looks.

Obvious joke incoming!
Magma men...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fire men...

But seriously though they are probably made entirely of red hot liquid rock with some sort of flaming skull motif for a head and an evil force binding them in humanoid form.

If they have bones, I hope they are made of obsidian.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: December 20, 2009, 08:14:58 pm »

I picture Magmamen as golems made out of partially molten rock. They have a molten core and are covered in hardened plates. This is influenced by the fact that in the raws, it says there are suppoused to be of magic origin, plus theres the iron men, influenced by the Mayday graphics (somewhat), and the DnD monster manual book I have.

Fire men are also a type of golem, but not sure how to picture them since they have a physical form rather than bieng pure energy. Perhaps they use a skeleton of some kind and using magic, are surrounded by fire.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: December 20, 2009, 08:21:06 pm »

I picture fire men simply as humanoids figures made of fire, akin of the age of wonder's fire spirit.
Magma men to me are vaguely humanoid figures of molten magma with harded plates on the outer side stopping them from totally melting away.
Spirits of fire are similar to fire men to me, except they're considerably bigger, have a demonic humanoid form and are so intensely hot and bright that you can only gaze at them directly for a few seconds.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: December 20, 2009, 08:23:49 pm »

Initially I had thought (as I was writing the previous post) that Firemen are made of pure energy (pure flame that is), but they have a physical form and the SoF would fit the pure energy thing better since they are far hotter.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »

I don't see why so many people picture magma men as having a hard shell- they sit inside of molten rock all day so that should only show up after they leave the pipe/pool if they don't produce sufficient heat.

...how burnt do wrestlers get if they grapple with a magma man?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:03:27 pm by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: December 20, 2009, 10:03:10 pm »

Very burnt, I'd presume.

Magma is very dense, no? Shouldn't the magma man have no trouble retaining shape outside of it's home environment due to magma's density. Although, to the magma man, the outside world is ice cold in comparison to his cozy magma pipe.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:53 pm »

I don't see why so many people picture magma men as having a hard shell- they sit inside of molten rock all day so that should only show up after they leave the pipe/pool if they don't produce sufficient heat.
Because most people picture it outside of the magma pipe. A magma man in the magma pipe would be a very boring sight: magma surrounded by more magma. It would be like picturing a drop of water in a pool.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: December 20, 2009, 10:12:37 pm »

Because most people picture it outside of the magma pipe. A magma man in the magma pipe would be a very boring sight: magma surrounded by more magma. It would be like picturing a drop of water in a pool.
But I keep hearing that "so that they don't just melt into a pool" reasoning behind it.

Anyway in the raws they have a punch of the burn type and had a homeotherm temp of 12000 until that caused problems so I don't think they should have a shell out of the pipe. Looks like they'd stay molten or still glowing hot but not so hot that they'd melt the rock around themselves, at least not without doing something like pushing up against it for the purpose.

An option for something like [coretemp:12000] would be neat. The surface temp of their body could have to decrease based on how big their tissue layers were, possibly also involving some indication of how big their core was.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:24:30 pm by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: December 20, 2009, 11:58:43 pm »

SoF have [SEVER_ON_BREAKS] so I imagine their core to be made of some kind of semi-molten material.
 I imagine magma men to be completely molten, with the core hotter than the surface. The surface acts more like our skin; it is molten and flexible, but still acts as a container. If one pops the skin, there will still be bleeding.
 I imagine fire men to be plasma beings with a super-heated, solid structure interlaced.

Edit: It was just a portrait anyway.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:20:27 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: December 21, 2009, 12:03:59 am »

The SoF is cool, but the second one seems to not work...

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: December 21, 2009, 04:14:39 am »

I imagine magma men to be completely molten, with the core hotter than the surface. The surface acts more like our skin; it is molten and flexible, but still acts as a container. If one pops the skin, there will still be bleeding.
Ditto.
Meh.

Urist McStudent

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:06 am »

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the number of replies in this thread?

Something tells me that this thread would see DoW get...
Excuse me for MAH ENGRISCH

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: December 21, 2009, 09:47:07 am »

I picture SoFs as flame atronachs from Oblivion:
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:21 am »

I picture SoFs as flame atronachs from Oblivion:

Why, exactly, does a creature made of fire have mammaries?
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1065