Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632133 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #8880 on: December 18, 2009, 05:01:48 pm »

The very idea of "TL;DR" is highly offensive and a blight on human intelligence. If you don't want to read it, don't read it, and let that be the end of it; there's no need to insult the author and anyone who IS reading it by bragging about how short your attention span is.
I'm letting him know that his efforts are mainly wasted.

Are you seriously trying to make the point that anyone playing DF has a short attention span?  :P

EDIT: Oh hey we're talking about ponies!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:03:30 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: December 18, 2009, 05:49:09 pm »

Okay, you have a point there. Also, now I want ponies. Or rather pwnies.

More to the point, I want bears to be trainable. What's scarier than a champion axedwarf? A champion axedwarf riding a war bear!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: December 18, 2009, 05:50:47 pm »

A champion axedwarf riding a warbear riding a tricycle?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #8883 on: December 18, 2009, 05:53:34 pm »

Can I breed death ponies?
You mean pwnies? That could be fun :D

Cute :) 

But personally, I think this calls for a micro-expansion:
"Dwarf Fortress - Pony Stables Edition" - Raise your ponies with love and care!  Show them at pony shows!  Breed them for war by mating them with zombie carp, then whipping their foul spawn every day with an artifact kitten-leather whip that menaces with spikes of pitchblende, and feeding them elusively entrails of slaughtered elves!  Create easily-stackable brick-shaped nanoponies by forcing entire herds to live in a single glass terrarium for generations!

I'd take that over a "Glamour Beard Pro Fashion Designer" expansion, any day.

This post started out nice but got real creepy...   :-\
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: December 18, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »

On the subject of rope ladders, I wouldn't mind having a device that is essentially a staircase that can be built down (i.e. no fancy pathfinding or hauling mechanics) if it means that the game can be finished faster AND has a way of getting down.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: December 18, 2009, 06:13:13 pm »

On the subject of rope ladders, I wouldn't mind having a device that is essentially a staircase that can be built down (i.e. no fancy pathfinding or hauling mechanics) if it means that the game can be finished faster AND has a way of getting down.

Or just make it so you can build staircases down (hanging staircases).

Staircases can be 'hung', but you have to build them up, WHYYY!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: December 18, 2009, 06:23:48 pm »

My official theme at this point.(SFW, youtube link)

Only substitute the next release's features in there. Heh.

When I'm entertaining newish friends I invariably end up showing off that I have that song memorized.

The very idea of "TL;DR" is highly offensive and a blight on human intelligence. If you don't want to read it, don't read it, and let that be the end of it; there's no need to insult the author and anyone who IS reading it by bragging about how short your attention span is.
I find it to be slightly useful feedback. I don't actually make any conscious use of it but people here should be glad they're not reading my writing from a few years back.

If you don't want to read it, don't read it, and let that be the end of it;

Still have to scroll past it though.
The page down key is your friend.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:20 pm »

A champion axedwarf riding a warbear riding a tricycle?

No, a unicycle! And the warbear could be juggling extra axes!

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #8888 on: December 18, 2009, 06:36:51 pm »

So.. any wagers how many pages (default pagination) this thread will get to before release day?

Also, I too am curious about a new version number :) I think I recall toady mentioning like 4 major numbers, but not sure.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: December 18, 2009, 06:58:00 pm »

I say page 638
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: December 18, 2009, 07:22:00 pm »

So.. any wagers how many pages (default pagination) this thread will get to before release day?

Well, it seems to average about 3 pages per day, and the release date is looking like it might be early January (I would put money on Jan 5th or thereabouts...) so I would guess at 18*3 + 593 = 647, but then I would round it up to 650 even (padding against another humanoid function debate)

so, 650 pages, yeah, that's my guess.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: December 18, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »

Also, I too am curious about a new version number :) I think I recall toady mentioning like 4 major numbers, but not sure.

The numbers are the number of completed core, req, and bloat dev items, followed by a letter indicating additional releases without major updates. The core count is preceded by a third digit, which will set the game at version 1 when it gets to 100 core items.

The current version, for example, is 0.28.181.40d, indicating that it has 28, 181, and 40 core, req, and bloat dev items, respectively.

As for the number of the upcoming version, there are far too many reqs and bloats to sift through, but I found a good 4-8 Core items that seem to be finished; Toady may have additional plans for them in the future, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: December 18, 2009, 07:29:45 pm »

"...but a lot of today was trying to get my sleep back around to something normal... for me anyway, since things have really been getting out of wack lately"

I hate days like these.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: December 18, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »

As for the number of the upcoming version, there are far too many reqs and bloats to sift through,

Not to excessively toot my own horn, but I did sift through them last month, then posted the results here, and quoted them when it came up today.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: December 18, 2009, 07:40:51 pm »

"...but a lot of today was trying to get my sleep back around to something normal... for me anyway, since things have really been getting out of wack lately"

I hate days like these.
I've yet to totally throw off my sleep schedule in my first week of being "free" from any schedule. It would have actually been difficult to do so this quick though.

It's something that seems to grow over time so I don't know how I would handle myself after a year or more of it. If I actually ended up uninfluenced by any of the things that make me clip my waking hours I'd probably have to take a day to settle my sleep cycle every other week to stay productive.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1065