Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635770 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #8085 on: December 06, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »

Goodness how many Green Questions, PMs, and Emails does Toady have to catch up with? (Real question, not a "Why is it taking so long?" statement)

For some reason I picture Toady collapsing instead of simply going to sleep :P

Ohh if only I had artistic skill, Id know EXACTLY what Id draw right now. Ohh what I wouldn't give for unhindered expression.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:13:31 pm by Neonivek »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: December 06, 2009, 09:40:38 pm »

Welp I'm afraid I have to put in a green question folks.  Sorry Toady, I don't do many of these.

Are the little oddball tokens (like[SAPLING_DROWN_LEVEL:#]) ever going to be put into vanilla? Is there some horrendous bug relating to them that I am currently unaware of?  They don't appear broken. All but the non-sapling tree drown level seem to work fine from what I observe.

I say it because this current blank stockpile the bottom of you channels solution seems a bit silly. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:42:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: December 06, 2009, 10:00:52 pm »

As a suggestion: Allow Raw Sinew to be extracted and then woven into Sinew string. (Uhh that is time period appropriate right?)
Toady did mention catgut at some point in a talk. Something about maybe needing to make animals eat stuff, to balance out all the things you could get out of them. I had a cursory look but couldn't find the quote, sorry.
Hunter gatherers use Sinew to make bowstrings, so yeah... Serious stuff.  Known for millenia.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:43 pm »

I used Sinew to make Fabric Dream Catchers

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: December 06, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »

As a suggestion: Allow Raw Sinew to be extracted and then woven into Sinew string. (Uhh that is time period appropriate right?)
Toady did mention catgut at some point in a talk. Something about maybe needing to make animals eat stuff, to balance out all the things you could get out of them. I had a cursory look but couldn't find the quote, sorry.
Hunter gatherers use Sinew to make bowstrings, so yeah... Serious stuff.  Known for millenia.

Just wait until the realism of the game requires you to have some sinew or thread available when creating crossbows instead of just the bone, wood, or metal bar... or if you end up needing to have replacement strings once item wear comes in to play for weapons... make having an unstoppable range weapon force something you have to work for, and something you need to put effort in to maintaining, especially once the skill decay is a factor.

Hmm... I'm a wimp; I wonder if I can turn all of that off?
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: December 06, 2009, 11:20:29 pm »

presumably by then xbows will be less of a showstopper.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: December 06, 2009, 11:39:04 pm »

I just had a weird question that occured to me at random: if DF is able to model animals and their constituent parts in such detail, is it possible that some day entity cultures will have elaborate dietary rules about what kinds of meat is 'clean'?

As in:  "Anything scaly with four legs is impure and must not be eaten" = no alligators, but T-Rex, snakes and fish OK

or "Anything with four feet but no hooves is impure and must not be eaten" = chimpanzees, gibbons, gorillas, unicorns, kangaroos are OK, but not dogs, pigs, cats of any kind, elephants etc.

and so on...

Has this been asked before?

Blind Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRAVISION]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: December 06, 2009, 11:54:45 pm »

Pretty sure it has, and I'm pretty sure it'll be in. He's going to model things like the morality of using poisons etc, and if he's to going to go into that level of detail, I doubt he'll skip over cultural food restrictions and allowances. You already have that a bit with the elves and their cannibalism.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: December 07, 2009, 01:26:08 am »

Am I the only one that thinks we'll be seeing some awesome new artifacts as a result of this? Surely not. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: December 07, 2009, 01:28:34 am »

Am I the only one that thinks we'll be seeing some awesome new artifacts as a result of this? Surely not. :P

I think we are a bit far from the artifact arc :P

Unless you mean the explosion of what an artifact is made of. Though an expansion of the Embellishments an artifact could have could go a long way.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: December 07, 2009, 01:38:51 am »

I'll be amused if we see weird bugs like dwarves making artifact cat spleen cabinets, or dwarves having a very specific affinity for, say, rhesus macaque pancreas.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: December 07, 2009, 01:39:38 am »

This is a dragon tooth sword.  It menaces with nanites and glows blue.

LeeDub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: December 07, 2009, 03:57:08 am »

I wonder how many people will get that reference and whether it is good or bad that I (think I) do...

This makes me wonder, is DF going to have magical prosthetics that could enhance a dwarf?

Urist McDenton cancels anti-terrorist action: government conspiracy detected.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: December 07, 2009, 04:02:37 am »

The Stray Greasel gives in to pain!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: December 07, 2009, 04:08:12 am »

The Stray Greasel gives in to pain!

The Sewer is a short journey south.  Seek this place and kill Greasygreen.  This fiend killed four cats in his lust for murder!
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1065