Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636042 times)

toiski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7935 on: December 05, 2009, 07:56:51 am »

If someone eats a masterpiece meal and vomits on the floor, does the janitor commit a crime by cleaning it?

Sounds like a philisophical question, dont ask me why.

It's a variation on Theseus' Ship, perhaps?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: December 05, 2009, 11:03:16 am »

If someone eats a masterpiece meal and vomits on the floor, does the janitor commit a crime by cleaning it?

Sounds like a philisophical question, dont ask me why.

The janitor is free of guilt in this case.

However, he-who-hath-consumed is free of guilt only if the vomit maintains the masterful qualifier of the eaten meal. If the vomit was anything less than masterful, then it is a crime against the chef.

Likewise, anything less than a masterful bowel movement is also a crime against the chef.

[try getting that imagery out of your head!]

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: December 05, 2009, 11:04:28 am »

Don't need to. Dwarves don't poop  ;)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:12 am »

Don't need to. Dwarves don't poop  ;)
I think their digestive system is a two-way deal. Undigested food is simply vomited back up. It would explain why they never seem to be hungry after a good puke.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: December 05, 2009, 11:27:55 am »

I don't know about you, but I am usually not hungry after a good puke... no matter how good. (I don't think I should go into detail)

Usually because of how sick you feel afterwords.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:17 am »

Organs from butchering!  Yes.  And it's all adjusted for relsizes too!  That's incredibly awesome.

Interesting how the liver comes out chopped, and I'm guessing the "nervous tissue" (from the spine?) and cartilage are going to be further dealt with, or eliminated.  Also, cartilage should probably be "gristle," insofar as it remains.

Someday nobles will mandate the preparation of elephant foie gras.

I was going to ask Toady if he remembered to create a syndrome for husky / polar bear liver, but then I remembered there aren't ingestion effects yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:19:45 pm by Footkerchief »

Skooma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: December 05, 2009, 12:06:30 pm »

And he showed us a butchered elephant. Stick it to those huge, gray bastards!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: December 05, 2009, 12:09:32 pm »

This is getting hilarious with how gory it is getting.

It is another one of those things you would like to add to but with a lack of information existing. (For example last I heard Polar Bear Livers were toxic due to Vitamin A poisoning)

As for excessive inflation of food... I guess the number of organs you get from an animal could depend on the skill of the butcher.

That and "Generic Organ Grinding"

I am just musing slash thinking outloud, these arn't serious suggestions.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:23:19 pm by Neonivek »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: December 05, 2009, 12:22:16 pm »

Organs from butchering!  Yes.  And it's all adjusted for relsizes too!  That's incredibly awesome.

Interesting how the liver comes out chopped, and I'm guessing the "nervous tissue" (from the spine?) and cartilage are going to be further dealt with, or eliminated.  Also, cartilage should probably be "gristle," insofar as it remains.

And he showed us a butchered elephant. Stick it to those huge, gray bastards!

Wait, what? When did he show us these things? There wasn't a dev log update today, and I don't recall Toady posting anything like that in this thread.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: December 05, 2009, 12:24:02 pm »

Wait, what? When did he show us these things? There wasn't a dev log update today, and I don't recall Toady posting anything like that in this thread.

Ctrl+F5 on the dev log to force a refresh.  The site misreports the last-modified time or something, I don't know.

The best ever use of skill synergy would be an Anatomist skill that benefits both butchering and surgery.

As for excessive inflation of food... I guess the number of organs you get from an animal could depend on the skill of the butcher.

Yeah, it definitely should depend.  Incompetent butchers could even give you invisibly contaminated meat, like from nicking the intestine or something, although I don't know how hazardous that would actually be.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:29:57 pm by Footkerchief »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: December 05, 2009, 12:33:13 pm »

So, is it going to be possible to make necklaces out of teeth yet?  ;D

Also, dang that's a lot of body bits. It'd be interesting if you could somehow manually define which bits are keepers and which are refuse, so that they'll automatically throw away, say, the nervous tissue, but hang on to the delicious spleens.

Or maybe throw away all that disgusting "meat" and focus on the organ biscuits.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: December 05, 2009, 12:37:44 pm »

Hmm, still just one 'skin' object, though. So I guess getting different amounts of leather per animal will have to wait for another release.

Not a big deal. Just getting what we have is amazing enough as it is.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: December 05, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »

Oh, neato, they'll still mandate ivory items of course. And we'll have it.  Just nothing to make from it.

Yeah, with all these spare parts floating around, I'd like to see a garrenteed meat skin and bone, but everything else be in the skill check.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: December 05, 2009, 12:57:13 pm »

Actually, different skin amounts may be in. Just like cloth isn't used whole now, leather may be that way as well. If it isn't, it would be a logical addition.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: December 05, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »

If we have a creature with different types of skin(A soft fuzzy underbelly and a tough outside carapace) release different leather types when butchered and tanned?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1065