Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636218 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7875 on: December 03, 2009, 09:22:39 pm »

So you can mod weapons to automatically have a poison when created? I assume someone can grab a quote, but I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

Nope, not that we've heard.  What Shoku was talking about was simulating radiation poisoning with various "intensities" of traps laid out around a central "radiation source."

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: December 03, 2009, 09:23:41 pm »

I guess I'll be the party pooper to note that Toady did many lines of coding before he put up this thread with the remaining items, so that latest calculation is still off as well ;)

Either way, hope for really late december but I expect early Jan release, maybe early Feb at latest (major bugs).

My 2nd prediction took this into account after Sean Mirrsen brought it up, so i'm happy with it  :)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:35 pm »

Heh, I really doubt that's going to cover all the bug-testing involved, but yes, I hope we see before end of year.

Even if there was a repeat of the notorious sleep bug, I would want my grubby hands on the new version :D

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:02 pm »

By Hofstadter's law, I'm going to add two weeks onto the latest prediction.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: December 03, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »

Goodness ever since I sent someone a message I've been checking the "Who is online" habits of quite a bit of people on the board as well as noticing people of an increasingly young age. Stalkerish I know.

Ohh well.

Anyhow remember even with the bug Toady fixed in a time period I WISH other companies could/would employ.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: December 03, 2009, 09:49:26 pm »

Anyhow remember even with the bug Toady fixed in a time period I WISH other companies could/would employ.
Us: D: OUR DWARVES GO TO SLEEP AND NEVER WAKE UP!!1!!
Toady: I'll fix it as soon as possible, but I need a nap first.
Us: NO DON'T GO TO BED TOADY. STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT
*Wake up in the morning and Toady's already fixed it*
:awesomeface.jpg:

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: December 03, 2009, 09:59:30 pm »

If we end up with some way to assign poison effectiveness against races people could make the cockroach mod where they'd be resistant to your radiation trap setup (though lots of other bugs are considerably more resistant than roaches,) to be like having orcs walk over your traps and right into your base to kill everyone.

The next version does let you assign poison effectiveness against races, at least in a "creature X is/isn't immune to poison Y" fashion.  October's creature spoiler shows how it's done:

Spoiler: an actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

The GENERAL_POISON isn't a hardcoded class or anything, you can create whatever creature interaction classes you want.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:02:36 pm by Footkerchief »

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:44 pm »

Jan or Feb release is fine by me. Gotta say, DF is now my last great hope of enjoying gaming any more! ;p  God I wish some of those fine old dev houses were alive and kicking today...
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

Though there is one thing to think about are Dual Class poisons or poisons with different effects on different creatures.

While Herbicides kill plants, I am sure they are mildly toxic to animals.

-Herbicides
-Rot Based (Scavangers are immune)
-Alcohols
-Acids
-Soul
-Physical (Metal Razors I guess)
-Metalics

I have no idea ohh well... I am just musing.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: December 03, 2009, 10:26:55 pm »

There's so much potential for fun regarding bugs in the initial release, I know that untill we get a good stable version out most of my games will revolve around finding and exploiting them.

Btw, thanks Toady for the daily and extensive dev log updates! I always enjoy reading them.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: December 03, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »

-Herbicides
-Rot Based (Scavangers are immune)
-Alcohols
-Acids
-Soul
-Physical (Metal Razors I guess)
-Metalics

Hm, setting alcohol as a poison that dwarves are immune to is actually a very good idea. It would make it so elves would very obviously fail to hold their liquor.  Humans and goblins would get resistance.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: December 03, 2009, 11:10:26 pm »

Hm, setting alcohol as a poison that dwarves are immune to is actually a very good idea. It would make it so elves would very obviously fail to hold their liquor.  Humans and goblins would get resistance.

Get the elven diplomat so drunk he can't count!

"I shee....one....two....three....wash I on three...? There are a lot of treesh. I don't feel sho good." *Vomits*
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: December 03, 2009, 11:18:40 pm »

Dwarven ethanol vaporizers (boiling alcohol underneath) with output vents surrounding the trade depot.

Make sure you do ALL your trading when the seller is drunk off his ass.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7888 on: December 03, 2009, 11:49:22 pm »

Dwarven ethanol vaporizers (boiling alcohol underneath) with output vents surrounding the trade depot.

I like the way you think.

Let's see... it involves magma, booze, and applying it to unsuspecting traders in massive amounts. This. Is. Dwarven. Only problem with it is that the booze isn't being consumed by dwarves.

I imagine that if you where to do this, your trader would get a lot of company, since every hauler would decide that the depot is on the way to the stockpile.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: December 03, 2009, 11:55:26 pm »

Wow, I hadn't thought of attaching an inhalation syndrome to alcohol (impaired vision, drowsiness, and dizziness?).  Too bad it won't actually affect the negotiations.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1065