Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636354 times)

PermanentInk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7830 on: December 03, 2009, 11:23:15 am »

I think sliced bread really needs to make it into the game as soon as possible, just so every time something else cool comes along we can say it's the greatest thing since.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: December 03, 2009, 11:38:18 am »

We can mod in bread easy- fooditem. Slicing it is the trick...wait.  I have it!
Slices of bread[10]
Okay, not quite, but.

Wonder how long it will be before DF becomes TDTToE primexample vs Nethack.
(Nethack has kitchen sinks.)

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: December 03, 2009, 11:45:07 am »

Ghm.

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SLICES]
[NAME:bread slice:bread slices]
[CLASS:SLICE]
[DAMAGE:10:SLASH]

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_TOASTER]
[NAME:toaster:toasters]
[DAMAGE:70:BLUDGEON]
[WEIGHT:30]
[SKILL:MACE]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:SLICE]
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:4]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]

Plus custom kitchen reactions to slice bread into slices.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: December 03, 2009, 11:47:45 am »

...you'll be able to mod REAL Sliced Bread into the new release, I think(custom workshop: Slice Bread)-might break thanks to complexity of fooditems though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: December 03, 2009, 11:53:42 am »

How about connecting them using ligaments, would that work (I believe ligament takes a long time to, er, decay)?  So you have a skeleten that compose of just bones and ligament, both of which won't rot.

I was wondering the same thing.  I think the choice of muscle instead of ligament may be rooted in the fact that ligaments (and tendons) don't have full tissue definitions, as you can see in the latest peek we got at the dwarf raws (midway down this post).

...you'll be able to mod REAL Sliced Bread into the new release, I think(custom workshop: Slice Bread)-might break thanks to complexity of fooditems though.

There's still no really good way of creating a custom item type in the raws.  Custom workshops haven't changed that.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: December 03, 2009, 12:00:37 pm »

^Can't they be added as the extracts or results of processing a plant? Like Whip Vine processes to Whip Vine Flour processes to Whip Vine Bread or Sliced Whip Vine Bread/Whip Vine Bread Slice[number]? I know Dig Deeper adds various new kinds of prepared meals.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: December 03, 2009, 12:17:07 pm »

^^^ Extracting and processing can only return certain item types, such as EXTRACT, LEAVES and POWDER_MISC.  You can get the flour that way, of course, but to get bread from the flour, you're stuck with either adding a new prepared food type that'll operate in the usual nonsensical fashion, or a reaction that returns an edible plant part labeled as "bread."

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: December 03, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »

Yeah a custom plant withou seeds is the way to go. Normally I'd be inclined add a bakery to the game with the next release, but there's something appropriate about dwarvern bread being baked at the smelter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: December 03, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »

Whoa, I couldn't get onto the website for two hours... Interesting.

Anyhow, I don't mind lightly muscled skeletons really at all. It doesn't break the definition of Skeleton as far as I am concerned.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: December 03, 2009, 01:58:44 pm »

Incidentally, this part of today's update...

I also updated/tested blood being pushed around by rivers. They'll push any powders or liquid spatter around now, and it'll keep track of how much is around and so on.

...probably means that rivers will no longer turn red down their entire length from the smallest drop of blood.  By the same token, the infinite spatter-tracking problem (where dwarves would walk through a puddle and create an infinite number of new puddles from it), which caused Toady to turn off tracking on 12/13/07, should be fixed, so maybe that can be turned back on now?

edit: oh, it is back on.  "Also did material spatter spreading (the new system has an amount so things like mud can't just spread out forever)."  Cool.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:09:18 pm by Footkerchief »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: December 03, 2009, 02:08:26 pm »

Yeah a custom plant withou seeds is the way to go. Normally I'd be inclined add a bakery to the game with the next release, but there's something appropriate about dwarvern bread being baked at the smelter.
Dwarven bread should require two reagents: a plant, and a rock(preferably microcline).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: December 03, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »

Dwarven bread should require two reagents: a plant, and a rock(preferably microcline).

Ha! Yeah, or a goblin.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: December 03, 2009, 02:29:32 pm »

the rock would have to be ground on a mill or quern... you could also use sand bags

Demetrious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:42 pm »

This is apropos of nothing, but-

ohmygod we're so close to the next version release we're so damn close omfg I can't wait it's going to be like ten birthdays at once yes yes yes YES

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
I like the fact we are seriously discussing how to drop dwarfs off towers using  kittens as cushions.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: December 03, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »

Bloodbeards mathematical release prediction

There are a total of 187 items on the development list. 172 are greened out (91.98%), 1 is blue (0.53%) and 14 are white (7.49%).

453 days have passed since the last official release, that averages to a green-out every 2.63 days. For the sake of this calculation lets say that a green-out from a blue item would be half that, at 1.31 days.

Taking the 14 white items and the 1 blue item, these calculations would tell us that they will all be green in 38.13 days, giving us a final release date of January 10th.

LOGIC HATH SPOKEN.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1065