Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636579 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7455 on: November 26, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »

van

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: November 26, 2009, 02:54:08 pm »

I wanna know!

Know what?

"Hmm I had something else to say but I probably should keep it to myself. Mostly because it is rude to others and wrong anyhow. Though my ability to ignore it is getting thinner :P"

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: November 26, 2009, 02:54:31 pm »

Hmm I had something else to say but I probably should keep it to myself. Mostly because it is rude to others and wrong anyhow. Though my ability to ignore it is getting thinner :P

What this is

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: November 26, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »

Trust me when it isn't all that interesting.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:37 pm »

After 5 6 worthless posts about it, you pretty much need to share to shut people up.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: November 26, 2009, 03:36:24 pm »

Yeah seriously, stop being coy, either spit it out or don't mention it.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #7461 on: November 26, 2009, 03:40:59 pm »

Good job Neonivek, you're being a good community member by using restraint.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39:57 pm »

Good job Neonivek, you're being a good community member by using restraint.

?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: November 26, 2009, 04:46:14 pm »

That would be "restraints"
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #7464 on: November 26, 2009, 04:48:21 pm »

I count 20, 3 of them being blue, for a christmas release that gives him 20 days + 10 days of debugging.
= 29 days as my best guess if nothing gets dropped.  Allowing for a one or two day break for Toady.

Allrite, I am marking 25.12.2009 on my calendar as "DF day". Expect very pissed and ranty post at 26.12.2009 00:00:01.

Note: My guess was based on the assumption that squads finish exactly on time and that count of 29 days starts at the first of December with Toady taking two days off for Christmas(so 5 days in November + 2 days off in December + 29 work days in December = 37 36 days from this writting).  So your counter should read as due 31.12.2009 and would basically celebrate the new release with the new year.  This is assuming what I think are fairly optimistic numbers for some of the items and total guesses for others are relatively accurate.

Nonsense, counter already started!

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: November 26, 2009, 06:30:36 pm »

My dream is to be attacked by a goblin civilisation led by an elf riding a giant eagle and having legendary skill with bows. The second coming of Cacame.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: November 26, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »

My dream is to be attacked by a goblin civilisation led by an elf riding a giant eagle and having legendary skill with bows. The second coming of Cacame.

Goodness firing arrows from ontop of a giant eagle would be a nightmare for almost any archer.

Which is something to think about... How stable sitting on specific mounts are. Though it would curve creatures like Bears, Apes, and trolls a bit too much. (Though: Flying, Floating, Two Legged, Four Legged, and 6+ Legs could be a split)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:40:31 pm by Neonivek »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: November 26, 2009, 06:47:32 pm »

I personally favour the Giraffe as an archery platform.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »

I personally favour the Giraffe as an archery platform.

You would need to be a Pixie to be able to seriously sit on one well enough to use as an archer platform Id think (Though Giraffs arn't THAT high from their back, 2-3 meters)

Also while Ostrages are ridable, to my knowledge they cannot be ridden without the use of both hands.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: November 26, 2009, 07:07:54 pm »

Goodness firing arrows from ontop of a giant eagle would be a nightmare for almost any archer.

Not if the Eagle was gliding and inverted*... Or doing a barrel roll... With the elf snipping straight up... Or down rather... mid roll then the Eagle dives and snatches a plate waring champion dwarf and takes off again while the elf jumps off and starts swinging away with a master work sword, he clears the non champions away from the gate house and 3 more champions come running up from the dining hall... Just as the start to charge out from the gates the Eagle drops his prey from 15 z levels *splat* right onto one of the fresh champions**. The Elf fights against the remaining 2 and things look bad for him... Suddenly he grins and dodges away from the dwarfs *slam* the eagle comes down hard on one ofthe dwarfs ripping its head off with it's sharpened talons... The Eagle and Elf flank the last champion... And soon dispatch him... The Elf remounts the Eagle and takes back to the sky...

And then... The ground troops attach...

*think the top gun scene... "We saw a MiG do a 4g negative dive..."
** I know this currently would kill neither of then but falling 15 stories onto someone should kill both of them regardless of armour.

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1065