Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637359 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7110 on: November 19, 2009, 10:53:59 pm »

I said at some point.

I didn't say it was really necessary now.

Eughch... ASCII dwarf parts...

that's not exactly what I meant..
come to think of it i'm not at all sure what I was really trying to say.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:08 pm »

I'm definitely planning on making an anatomy mod in the new version.  Two, actually: one straightforward and serious for general consumption, and one rude and juvenile for my friends on the Cracked forums.

First one will have some mild primary and secondary sexual characteristics, and probably some new organs and glands if I can.  Maybe that tongue somebody mentioned, although it would be better if destroying it could mess with speech.

I won't say too much about the second version, except that it'll make good use of the TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER and APP_MOD_RATE tokens.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38:06 pm »

Edit: Post was juvenile and really wouldn't have added anything to the thread. :l
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:40:01 pm by woose1 »

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: November 19, 2009, 11:40:00 pm »

it'll make good use of the TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER and APP_MOD_RATE tokens.

where else but the DF forums would words like those be used in a double entendre?

i also intend to mod in stuff that can be cut off. Cause I figure if you can make men have beards and women not, you might as well add the other stuff too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: November 19, 2009, 11:41:09 pm »

I am just glad he didn't go into any detail. That martial art mod, that pretended it was soo innocent, was bad enough in my mind.

Mind you I am not saying "Don't do it" I am just saying "Don't tell me" :D

My poor poor pure virgin mind free from dark thoughts.

Anyhow I wonder if we will see more production time due to Toady doing more secret and side things.

What do you guys think?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: November 19, 2009, 11:44:23 pm »

I still can't get my mind away from Igfig's dark, horrible.... mod...
*Shudder*

Anyhow, seems to me that Tarn's almost done with this release, along with DaTa... Oh boy, this Christmas is going to be awesome. : D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: November 19, 2009, 11:45:04 pm »

it'll make good use of the TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER and APP_MOD_RATE tokens.

where else but the DF forums would words like those be used in a double entendre?

i also intend to mod in stuff that can be cut off. Cause I figure if you can make men have beards and women not, you might as well add the other stuff too.

ew....umkayy, this thread is starting to edge into the no-mans-land territory........... At least as far as what I was thinking that can be cut off *yanks brain out of gutter*.

ANYWAYS what about um..... dissection on the megabeasts? Yea, how about that :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: November 19, 2009, 11:46:27 pm »

Well currently I am waiting on more interesting megabeast behavior. For many of the stuff Toady wants to do with them I am surprised he made most of the megabeasts in the game non-intelligent creatures.

Though I guess that too could get interesting behaviors such as people intentionally feeding the dragons their livestock so it doesn't feel the need to eat any of the people (or burn any huts down)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:48:10 pm by Neonivek »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: November 19, 2009, 11:48:12 pm »

YES. DISSECTION ON MEGABEASTS WILL BE QUITE INTERESTING, I WONDER IF I CAN MAKE WEAPONS OUT OF A TITAN'S BONES HUR HUR HUR

In all seriousness the idea of non-intelligent megabeasts being worshipped by cultists and such give me flashbacks to the Call of Cthulhu game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: November 19, 2009, 11:50:00 pm »

On the subject of Call of Cthulhu it would be interesting to see creatures who could spread Sphere Taint and/or cause insanity by their presence.

Would that be too much for this setting? I don't know many classical fantasy insanity inducers and most of the ones I do know are simply poison or The Arcane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: November 19, 2009, 11:51:03 pm »

You'd think god-beasts would at least be semi-intelligent if not intelligent. Maybe if the randomizer included the intelligent tag, that way some of them actually would be intelligent. Not sure if this would cause issues with eating and drinking like I've heard can happen to pets which get that tag, or is it the CAN_LEARN tag?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: November 19, 2009, 11:52:50 pm »

It would be interesting if they could somehow Gain intellience.

There are a few, very few, stories of dragons who eventually learned to speak (they usually lament their savage years) either through age, training, or exposure to man-kind.

No I am not speaking of Exalted's Dragonkings... though that could certainly be a source of inspiration for Unintelligent - Intelligent interactions of the same species.

So a dragon who is befriended or enslaved who spends a lot of time with intelligent speaking beings could have a chance, lets say, every 100 years to gain intelligence or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:55:42 pm by Neonivek »

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: November 19, 2009, 11:59:20 pm »

On the topic of body parts:
Is there/Will there be a tag responsible for telling the game that "This creature can reproduce." so for instance, the humanoid body would have this tag on the lower-body part, while other creatures like the ones from the underground could have it on, say, their backs? Or that Caste-based creatures like Ants would be given different bodies, some which simply arn't able to reproduce because even with [MALE] or [FEMALE] tags, the tag responsible for [REPRODUCTION] doesn't exist on that body.

Edit - Question 2:
Similar, would there be any chance of a [ATTRACTION] tag for body parts?

Undoubtably the question has been asked before, it's just something that would be nice to have. No more dwarves with mangled lower bodies should have children (any more) just as no female dwarf would want or be attracted to a male dwarf who has no beard (except for the blind female dwarves, who the male dwarves trick by holding a cat up to their face for the lady dwarves to feel)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:05:40 am by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:40 am »

Way to derail my origional derail off of that topic, lol!

Still a viable question though.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: November 20, 2009, 12:05:47 am »

On the subject of Call of Cthulhu it would be interesting to see creatures who could spread Sphere Taint and/or cause insanity by their presence.

You might be able to simulate that with a creature that secretes an invisible inhaled poison.  There might be some insanity-like effects available, but if not you could use necrosis as a stand-in for taint.

If I remember correctly, random beasts can generate random poisons.  That means it's possible that you'd see something that does exactly what I described.  Unfortunately it'll probably look like a giant yellow marine ocelot.  Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Also, I'm going to steal that idea for another of my mods.  The taint aura thing, not the ocelot.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:09:17 am by Igfig »
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1065