Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635653 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #6765 on: November 14, 2009, 03:12:40 pm »

I think i can do without dwarf penises...

Don't you dare cutting them off!

(Actually, it would be kind of cool detail to sexes actually have apropriate organs and suffer consequences of loosing them in battle or having serious injury, i.e. "Urist Mc Dwarf was miserable latery. He lost ability to have children recently." Beware dwarf with nothing to loose...)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: November 14, 2009, 03:31:45 pm »

The word on full sexual dimorphism:

Quote from: Toady One
There are different entries for the genders.  I have not added any body changes.  I'm sure that won't stop other people.  I haven't yet decided where if anywhere I'm going to go with that, but chopping off the little warrior and having it flop against a wall or something is probably too distracting to my nation for me to include in the vanilla game, although the lines of the other potty-oriented stuff.  I don't have any personal objections, but it's not at the top of my list either.

This quote brought to you because honestly who could forget a term like "little warrior."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:33:22 pm by Footkerchief »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: November 14, 2009, 04:11:08 pm »

*flopping against the wall D:. Poor thing.

I would like to see different tokens/bodies/sizes for men/women, if not for a sexual reason, then to have an ability to have various lifeforms, like spiders with huge females and small but fast males, or some monstrosity with a huge unmoving female slug and lots of tiny male instects with wings and tails, flying around, sucking blood from travellers and fertalizing the "slug".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: November 14, 2009, 04:46:44 pm »

I cant find toadys 'blog', what and where is it.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: November 14, 2009, 05:16:15 pm »

Oh, sweet. ;D
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: November 14, 2009, 05:29:17 pm »

I would like to see different tokens/bodies/sizes for men/women, if not for a sexual reason, then to have an ability to have various lifeforms, like spiders with huge females and small but fast males, or some monstrosity with a huge unmoving female slug and lots of tiny male instects with wings and tails, flying around, sucking blood from travellers and fertalizing the "slug".

You'll be able to do this through the caste system, if my interpretation of the examples of the caste system is correct.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: November 14, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »

You'll be able to do this through the caste system, if my interpretation of the examples of the caste system is correct.

More or less, yeah, although you couldn't make the males small to the point of being vermin.  For the curious, here's the word on what you can't make caste-specific:

The number of tokens that are creature rather than caste specific is very small.  Creatures handle the overall name, biome, whether the creature is considered fanciful/doesn't exist (for art), vermin information (so, no, Fault, sorry!... too much depends on that right now), whether groups hang together closely, whether it is mundane (from real Earth for age name purposes), population information including good/evil/savage, if it is equipment, sphere information (not sure how long that'll last, but there were annoyances), and that looks like it (they also have some general categories that have caste overrides, like child names and speeches for adv mode).  Everything else, including body information, is held in the castes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 05:37:38 pm by Footkerchief »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: November 14, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »

The number of tokens that are creature rather than caste specific is very small...whether groups hang together closely, whether it is mundane (from real Earth for age name purposes), population information including good/evil/savage

Bah. No LONE WOLVES then. Although we don't exactly need another lone large mammal in adventure mode.

On the bright side, we can make a caste of goblins that have [MOUNT] and have them ridden piggyback into battle.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »

The number of tokens that are creature rather than caste specific is very small...whether groups hang together closely, whether it is mundane (from real Earth for age name purposes), population information including good/evil/savage

Bah. No LONE WOLVES then. Although we don't exactly need another lone large mammal in adventure mode.

On the bright side, we can make a caste of goblins that have [MOUNT] and have them ridden piggyback into battle.
This gives me some marvelous ideas. Trolls, as a goblin caste. Orcs, as a caste. Squigs, as a butcherable caste. Turn the civ into Warhammer style greenskins.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:20 pm »

I very much like the way you think!

It has, however, sent my brain off into the most horrifyingly awesome tangent.
Question: would the [MOUNT] gobbos be able to also ride mounts? They are, after all, themselves Inteligent Warriors of their Entity.

Imagine it! The Stacking Goblin Army, all piled atop one another. A whole squad in one hex, each atop the lower ranked goblin, the squad commander at the top. Or the Sieges and major Battles led by their Master - Yertle the Turtle Demon - riding atop the entire stack, demanding dread dominion over all he surveys.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:59 pm »

Lone Wolves make more sense as a "Pack makeup" then as a caste. Does the game currently have that or something like that?

Especially since Lone Wolves are not only ordinary wolves but generally speaking they seek to join other packs.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: November 14, 2009, 08:02:58 pm »

You just made a Yertle the turtle reference.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: November 14, 2009, 08:07:29 pm »

I admit to nothing! I already had the rest of that in my head, and when I got to the Demonic Leader part it just sorta... came out that way.

I am wanting to experiment in these directions. I want to know what actually will happen.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: November 14, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »

I exploded into laughter reading the blog when i read part of one of the world gen stories;

The goblins were winning, nearly taking the dwarven capital, when something horrifying emerged from the dunes. A shambling mound of vomit vaguely resembling a walking frog, it was Vim Forkedmarshes the Profane Nadir, mistress of torture and misery, emerged from the underworld.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1065