Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3623943 times)

Brown Moses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #6690 on: November 12, 2009, 10:20:03 am »

Is automatically selecting wooden weapons for training in yet?

Sagabal

• Bay Watcher
  • Komrade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: November 12, 2009, 10:42:36 am »

Quote from: The Toady One
11/11/2009: Worked out some of the kinks in the new military interface and added the ammunition section. You can set up ammunition allotments by material (and type, so you can do unusual things like set up a squad to use the bows and arrows left by invaders or your modded ammunition or whatever -- it'll stick the entity-favored ones on the top of the list), and you can set each allotment to be used for combat and/or training. So you could, for instance, set aside your squad's metal bolts for combat and have the marksdwarves use wooden bolts for training (or do a steel/copper split in the same way). It'll probably need some tweaking, so that dwarves without combat ammo will use training or even unassigned ammo when they are really pressed, etc., but this should finally give you some control, anyway.

Haha, that's fantastic!  We're now able to tell our millitary to use bows instead of crossbows, and we can finally set it up so that the dwarfs stop using wooden and bone bolts on the goblins and use our heavily decorated steel ones instead.  This is great, the anticipation for this release just keeps building and building!

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: November 12, 2009, 11:37:37 am »

The arena screenshots made my week. Good job, Aqizzar!

Just don't do it anymore.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: November 12, 2009, 11:38:31 am »

Quote from: The Toady One
11/11/2009: Worked out some of the kinks in the new military interface and added the ammunition section. You can set up ammunition allotments by material (and type, so you can do unusual things like set up a squad to use the bows and arrows left by invaders or your modded ammunition or whatever -- it'll stick the entity-favored ones on the top of the list), and you can set each allotment to be used for combat and/or training.

Armour piercing for Goblins...Gore damage for unarmoured foes...Bludgeon with high heat resistance for magma creatures...

Actually my first thought when I heard "ammunition allotments" was giving each squad a quarterly budget of ammo, and woe-betide them if they waste it before running into a cyclops. Or I guess I could go the other way and give them a quota of bolts that they MUST shoot at SOMETHING before the month is over.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: November 12, 2009, 01:14:04 pm »

Actually my first thought when I heard "ammunition allotments" was giving each squad a quarterly budget of ammo, and woe-betide them if they waste it before running into a cyclops. Or I guess I could go the other way and give them a quota of bolts that they MUST shoot at SOMETHING before the month is over.

This must be built in. For great justice and all that.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #6695 on: November 12, 2009, 01:29:47 pm »

If we're gonna do that, might as well have a functionality that makes crossbowdwarves pick up lone bolts only when there's nothing else at all.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6696 on: November 12, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »

Who else is looking forward to saying good-bye to wood and bone training bullets in our gunpowder mods?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: November 12, 2009, 02:13:32 pm »

...getting a replacement Aquizzar next migrant wave.
Does it really work like that? We get an replacement Aqizzar, not just some other baron?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: November 12, 2009, 02:19:44 pm »

Who else is looking forward to saying good-bye to wood and bone training bullets in our gunpowder mods?

Hell, I'm just looking forward to marksdwarves being smart enough to put more than one bolt stack in their quiver.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: November 12, 2009, 02:25:17 pm »

I am proper chuffing for this release, lads. It looks amazing. Mostly the raws, I think - In depth modding of frost wolves, abominations and vomit spitters will be things I am eager to look into.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: November 12, 2009, 02:45:23 pm »

But you can get three bullets out of a goblin's finger alone. And the skulls would be great in a cannon.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: November 12, 2009, 03:41:59 pm »

Hooray for the ammunition interface. This is the best possible news I can think of, aside from dwarves collecting and re-stacking spent ammunition.
So does this mean they'll carry any number of stacks in a quiver, or any number of bolts, or will they need two separate quivers or carry practise bolts in their hand or what?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: November 12, 2009, 04:16:15 pm »

Will we ever be able to see a dwarf's history from Dwarf Mode?  I mean, a way to access Legends without having to abandon the fort would be nice.  Also, can there be something so you can see what dwarf is assigned to a building task from the building itself instead of going into the unit/job menus?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:17 pm »

Will we ever be able to see a dwarf's history from Dwarf Mode?  I mean, a way to access Legends without having to abandon the fort would be nice.

This would be nice now, but it'll become more urgent once embark/migrant dwarves are drawn from site populations and can have interesting and meaningful histories.  There's also the floatier questions of how much omniscience the player should have, etc.

Also, can there be something so you can see what dwarf is assigned to a building task from the building itself instead of going into the unit/job menus?

That would be indeed be nice, especially on menus that have lots of unused room, like building construction screens that just say "Waiting for Architect."

Those are both good ideas but unlikely to get implemented for the next release, since Toady is probably as close as he'll ever be to a feature freeze.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: November 12, 2009, 05:46:58 pm »

And the skulls would be great in a cannon.

This is a beautiful idea. I am totally modding in skulls as an ammo type for some sort of weapon in the next release. (maybe the sling)
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1065